TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 05, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Falling Skies on TNT: Archive through January 05, 2013 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I've missed the whole season so far! Not sure what happened with my DVR setting.. ah, I see.. I had it set to record the 1am showing only and now there isn't a 1am showing.

Got that fixed.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You can watch it at tnt if you didn't find it on your dvr, Sea...
http://www.tntdrama.com/video/index.jsp?oid=328276&cid=101757
there have only been yesterdays two episodes.

That's a strange coincidence, Sanfran! I was trying to work out what could have happened (tnt showed them in the wrong order, the channel was being transmitted an hour out of synch, etc., then it dawned on me we (hubby ;)) might have just pressed play on the top recording not the bottom one! Yeah, I agree, it didn't really matter in the end.

Those boss aliens don't seem to care about anything other than their plan. At least the skutters (and now it's just occurred to me that might not be their correct name) were kind of caring to the harnessed kids.

Did anyone think that there might have been some chemistry between Moon Bloodgood's character and the main captain guy? I think before Tom left he and she were getting close.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I was trying to work out what could have happened "

TNT aired episode one at 9pm followed by episode two at 10pm. Then they re-aired episode 1 at 11pm followed by episode 2 at 12am.

My TIVO had a conflict with a different program at 9pm but not at 10pm, so it recorded episode 2 at 10pm, followed by episode 1 when it re-aired at 11pm.

Confusing enough? :-)

That happened to me before when a program had aired two back-to-back episodes, immediately followed by a re-airing of both of them.

The thing is, I was aware that the TIVO was recording them out of order, but of course, I forgot and just watched them in the order I recorded them. Duh.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They repeat at 4:30 and 5:30 on the 24th.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Comcast's menus now include what season/episode number each show is in their synopsis. I find it one of the greatest tools they've come up with. It helps to know if I've missed an episode (what with most shows airing a few episodes, then backing off a few weeks). And, on the old shows Mom watches, it's fun to see how early in a show's history it was. So for me, it was easy to make sure I watched episode 1, after seeing the trouble the two of you had here!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
TIVO has episode numbers, too, right there in the main episode description page. I just had a brain fart and started watching them in the order they were recorded and totally forgot that I had knowingly recorded them OUT of order.

DOH!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mine has no ep numbers on the list.. but it will first record

"Worlds Apart: Weaver remains in command of the 2nd Mass; Pope commands a rene"

Then next

"Shall We Gather at the River. Tom is haunted by his time with the aliens; Pope pla

And then the new ep

Compass: The 2nd Mass moves into an airport hanger; Anne grows concerned about t

Is that the correct order for viewing?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, that's correct!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thanks!

Alwill

04-08-2006

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alwill a private message Print Post    
I'm starting to think the skitters are also a defeated race and working as slaves for the overloards. They may start helping the humans in the future!!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's an interesting idea, I like it. When the children were being held by the skitters they did seem like they cared for them and were protecting them.

I couldn't work out whether when Ben was getting subdued by the skitter, and his pointy things glowed blue, whether the skitter was actually communicating with him, or programming him in someway, or it was just that they had the power to subdue.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree, and if allowed to run it's course, that harness thing actually turns them into skitters....

Kitt, I thought the skitter was reading his mind, so that it will know where they are going...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, so now we have skitters reading Ben and possibly more of those worm dudes in Tom, spying on him. Not good.

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know where you can watch the first 2 shows because TNT and hulu don't have them anymore

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know, sorry. Itunes might have it, otherwise I don't think there's anywhere legitimate until they do a marathon.

Oh, if you can wait a couple of weeks, at the moment the first two episodes are on the schedule for the 29th (times Eastern I think):

7/29/12 (Su.) 3:00 PM TNT (#202) Shall We Gather at the River (R)
7/29/12 (Su.) 2:00 PM TNT (#201) Worlds Apart (R)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Last night's episode was really good again! It made total sense that Ben would fall for the blonde girl's charms. Shows that the aliens really do know everything about them, and if they leave them alone they've chosen to do that and there's probably a reason behind it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The promo for next week said it's "the episode that you won't be able to stop thinking about". (or something to that effect)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So Charleston is underground... is this why the aliens have seemed so happy to let them go there, they think it doesn't exist?

And loose lips sink ships! Why didn't the guard stop the little one (Matt?) telling the girl with the harness still on her neck all their plans!?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I was so relieved to find out Charleston existed! I was kind of heart broken like they were, when they thought it didn't.

However, it seems all is not happy-happy in the new capitol. So, the conflict goes on... :-)

And was that the guy from Lost I saw in the previews? he's on everything nowadays!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes! John Locke from Lost! I didn't know he was going to be on the show, so it was a nice surprise.

Only two episodes left this season!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
This season has gone WAY too fast. Seems like we could get at least 5 more episodes.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, John Locke. On Hawaii Five O, this show, and some new show: Hotel 666? He's everywhere!

Yes, it has gone too fast. I'm bummed.

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Back in February, I had read where Terry O'Quinn was going to be on Falling Skies, and have been waiting for him all season. He's such an awesome actor - he's been one of my favorites since the Stepfather movies. Kind of funny to have John Locke back underground again. Maybe if he pushes a button every 108 minutes, the aliens can't find them.

I've really enjoyed season two. Sorry to see it ending so soon and wish we didn't have to wait a whole year for season three.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I just caught season 1 over Christmas (we don\'t get TNT) I loved it!!!
Now I am hunting for where to buy season 2 in Canada!

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
It is a good show!

I don't believe season 2 has been released for sale on DVD, yet.

However, you might want to look at Amazon. It looks like they do have it available to buy the episode/season download (or if you have a Prime Membership you can watch for free!).

Hope that helps.