TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 19, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 19, 2013 users admin

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I think you have to be of sound mind to sign a DNR. She's not of sound mind so all decisions would be made by her care giver...Richard.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
And I can see that would probably have been an issue, as she was in total denial before - I doubt they would have had that conversation.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 1:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sad and happy. Happy for Bailey and her new husband.. so sad for The Chief, but that last fantasy dance was beautiful.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
It was also touching that Adele recognized Richard when she woke. I caught that it was significant in the moment as we'd been previously left with her not recognizing him at all. Obviously even more significant as it turned out.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Great episode. Again I think the writers are getting their groove back and I'm happy.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I figured that Adele was going to pass away. Glad Bailey got married, Glad Avery took his shirt off ! I agree with Gurliegirl, it was another very good episode. I was sorry to see Christina and Owen sign the divorce papers, they belong together.

Guess Patrick Dempsey must have been off in 'Real' Seattle negotiating the buy of Tully's Coffee because he was not on the screen much.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mack, yes that was such a gift to the chief, that Adele recognized him.

I was sad about Christina and Owen too.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Christina and Owen could get back together next season. At least I hope so.
Funny that after 8 or 9 seasons Ellen Pompeo won Peoples' Choice for favorite dramatic TV actress the other night.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Sometimes i kind of wonder if the Peoples Choice winner is whoever they can get to show up for it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Funny that after 8 or 9 seasons Ellen Pompeo won Peoples' Choice for favorite dramatic TV actress the other night.

Maybe it's because Meredith (yes, character) is generally happy this season. Much better moods than she has been in many past seasons. So the attitude is passed on to Ellen . . . and now she gets award?!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Not that it's relevent but she looked great.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't see it but I think probably she is happier, had a baby, etc.. at home? She and her husband seem close, too.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Yes, no more "dark and twisty" Meredith. Her character has grown up.

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, January 14, 2013 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
This may not be the right thread but I wonder now that Private Practice has been cancelled will they still include some of the crossover characters in Grey's? I'm wondering mostly about the Addison and Amelia characters because of their relationship with Grey's characters. Certainly Amelia doesn't stop being Derek's sister.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 14, 2013 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was wondering the same thing (although I also wondered why Amelia wasn't part of the whole "derek nerve cell transplant" storyline).

I like the new ER doctor and could easily see both him and Amelia making the jump to Grey's.

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, January 14, 2013 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Of course we really liked Private Practice and will miss the show but also understand by whatever measure it didn't add up to sufficient ratings so the notion of transplanting more than a few of the characters doesn't make sense. That said I could write all sorts of scenarios to move many of them. Another heart surgeon in Sam? A psychiatrist role since Grey's doesn't have a regular in that practice? A new hospital chief? Amelia helping Derek recover? And that's just a few.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 14, 2013 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I could live without the character of Sam. I feel that they have never really explored his character and I'm not that interested in him. However, I thought the same thing about a psychiatrist at Seattle Grace being a good addition - but I would prefer Sheldon over Violet.

Best add though would be Charlotte. Definitely think Charlotte would add to any show that character is on!

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, January 14, 2013 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Did they ever explain why they couldn't use nerves from Derek's own legs to transplant?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 14, 2013 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
ACK! I want the Violet character GONE and certainly not on Grey's!! Charlotte? Bring it on!

They did have a therapist but mostly showed the therapist listening to Meredith talk.. not being all actively involved in talking or directing or all the dramatic things they show on Private Practice.

Good question, Scout!

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 5:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
The more I think about it the more I get down to who I wouldn't like to somehow transition to Grey's. The characters who don't do much for me are Sam and Violet and I don't see them adding much to the story or cast. Amelia, as Derek's sister, is probably the easiest to transition and for the same reason the hardest to just ignore. At least I guess that would set her up as an occasional "visit" without a lot of explanation and without having to bring along her new love interest. The Addison character has roots in Grey's but bringing her back with her family could be an issue but again guest shots would probably work. Actually the character we like the most is probably Charlotte but then you kind of get Cooper and the now good sized family and that's a lot of new cast members. Not sure where Sheldon fits other than being a full time hospital staff as a shrink rather than in private practice and I'm not sure how well he'd fit.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I see more reason to bring on Neve Campbell as the sister who geve the nerves to Derek.

And I agree, Charlotte and family wouldn't fit and wouldn't have any reason to re-locate to Seattle, anyway.

Amelia could visit. Addison would have less reason to visit.. one ex is happily remarried with Zola and hopefully another child on the way and her other ex, Mark, is dead. They didn't have the character come up (on the show) to say goodbye to Mark when he was dying.

And of course they are all actors and hopefully will have other gigs and may be sporting different appearances for those. It could happen, though.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Ok, in watching the end of the show last night, something dawned on me.Sometimes I can suspend reality when watching and others I can't. And in this case, I can't.

I realized that Richard (whom I still refer to as The Chief) and Owen and even Derek at one time, were/are not the Chief of Staff at that hospital, they are/were Chief of Surgery.

Why on earth would all this plane crash stuff come down on Owen? And where in the hell has the Chief of Staff been for the past 8 years?

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I think at one point earlier in the season they said that under Owen's watch they changed to this cheaper charter company, and that's why it's his fault. He signed off on it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 12:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, with the ending that the hospital itself would have to pay because the insurance didn't allow two attendings on the same flight and when Arizona replaced Alex that did it.. or something like that, so the hospital pays and goes bankrupt..

My guess is that all of our 15 millionaires will buy the hospital. Am I crazy?

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Except the whole reason the hospital would file bankruptcy would be because they couldn't pay the court's finding so the plaintiffs wouldn't have the money to buy the hospital. Now I guess they could give them the hospital as payment in kind sort of....that would be an interesting twist.