TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 11, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): Young and the Restless: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 11, 2013 users admin

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I agree, Mamie. The story about her father is sad, but Phyllis should have learned to take responsibility for her own actions decades ago. Every time there is a tough decision to make, she makes the wrong one, lies about it and gets upset with everyone who gets upset with her and cries about "poor little me". Yuck! What a waste of a dynamic actress.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I can't stand Phyllis. I can't stand to watch her. I guess that shows what a great actress she is. I can't stand Cricket either but I don't think it's what a great actress she is.

Oh and Victor is all love and rainbows this week but we know he'll go back to being the jerk he is and he and Nikki will divorce for the 20th time.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, how many times have they married and divorced?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I'm not sure but a lot. LOL

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Nikki must have a drawerful of engagement and wedding rings.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I had to know so I googled "How many times has Nicky" and it came up right away, I didn't even get to put "and Victor been married".

Here is the answer:
Nikki Newman has been married 9 times

1. Greg Foster (1979-1981)
2. Kevin Bancroft (1982-1983)
3. Victor Newman (1984-1988)
4. Jack Abbott (1990-1994)
5. Josh Landers (1996, later declared invalid)
6. Victor Newman (1998, declared invalid)
7. Victor Newman (2002 to 2008)
8. David Chow ( May 2008 to July 2008)
9. Deacon Sharpe (Current)
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111214181053AAFtk1r

So that means we have to add Jack to this list and soon, Victor again.

So even thought it seems like she and Victor have been married a million times is really only 3 times. Maybe we get confused because she has had so many weddings, LOL.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am reading Jeanne Cooper's book Not Young, Still Restless. I love her! It's a really fun read and she's so straightforward.

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Monday, October 29, 2012 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
Dipo, after 9, isn't the 10th one free?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 29, 2012 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I am so tired of Victor telling everyone what they have to do.

By the way....Billy bought that house and it is his biological child-not Victoria's.

Hmnnn maybe Billy and his baby mama will get together and take their child back

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, December 07, 2012 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Okay, I think I might have to stop watching this show for a while. I'm disgusted with the whole bunch, well, not actually all of them but...

I am disgusted with the self-righteous Newmans. Yikes. Okay, all right. I do like Nick with Avery but other than that, who are they to judge everyone? Nikki saying something to Chelsea about money not buying class, you were a stripper! Victor just irks me to no end. Victoria, get with the program and love that cute husband of yours! Sharon, ugh, she is not bi-polar, she is certifiable. Adam, he belongs with Sharon, they deserve each other. Summer, what a little brat, which leads me to Fen, what a little brat.

Jack and the pain pills, disgusting. Do I see this year's Wonderful Life story? Jack talking to John as he tries to score some pain killers and sees his life if he weren't there.

We need more Paul, but not with Cricket. We need more Billy.

I think I need to walk away.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I agree with everything you said Mamie!

This is supposed to be light entertainment. It's not supposed to peeve us off! Writers get you head's out of your azzes

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Yes! What Mamie and Sportsfan said! I really should not be watching anymore. It really irks me! I had hoped new writers would help, but things seem to be getting worse.

Of course all the kids are brats. Look who is raising them. Really, I don't know who raises them. They all had to be DNA tested at birth to determine who their fathers were. The mothers are always out for coffee, neurotic, drinking, working, crazy, out for dinner, totally self-centered, cheating, or any combination of the above. The fathers are pretty much absent after the birth. They tend to be workaholics, self-righteous while cheating and scheming, and driven by money and power.

And yet, I know I will be watching tomorrow. LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 10, 2012 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So, I am running behind on my shows, and I am up to the Newman housewarming party. And I am watching Noah and Summer leave for the party and it occurs to me, who the heck is watching after Faith. Everyone just leaves the house and she isn't with Sharon, so does she just watch herself, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 10, 2012 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, now Sharon has arrived, so for sure Faith isn't at her house, LMAO.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, December 10, 2012 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Don't y'all know that in soap opera land:
1. no one has a REAL job
2. they never go to the bathroom
3. Housework is magically done
4. Women look stunningly beautiful all the time (unless it's part of the plot they look like a bag woman)
5. Women can have babies forever...no matter HOW long they've been on the soap!
6. Women can have babies they don't remember having until 20 years later
7. Babies never cry or need a babysitter
8. After a baby is 6 months old you never see them again until they magically age to the teen angst years.
9. Babies are never conceived in love...there's always a twist!

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
The writing still han't improved

I hate the Jack druggie storyline
Adam sucks for what he did to Chelsea and what he is about to do to Jack
Victor is still huffin and puffin
Fenn and Summer are horrid little creatures

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Summer has gotten better but Fen is just plain creepy. I don't get why he's such a brat but then again, his mom was awful when she was young.

I too hate the Jack storyline and the Adam storyline. I do like Nick with Avery but I'm sure they will bring the man from her past and mess with that.

Victor will never change. He has those moments where he says his family matters the most and then he turns around and screws them all up. I could care less if he and Nikki get back together or not.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just watching my tapes and they are doing the intervention on Jack, what is Billy's addiction? Is it gambling? I don't remember him doing rehab or anything but maybe it was just implied.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oops, never mind, he just said he was addicted to gambling.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, January 04, 2013 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Gawd I detest Victor.

Enough of the addicted Jack storyline....This is so not Jack! He is playing the part extremely well though.

I guess Billy will have to save Jabot. Wonder if he will make a deal with the devil to do it.

Everytime I see Fen I want to slap him upside the head.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, January 04, 2013 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am sure this storyline will go on Peter Bergman's Emmy reel. He is that good, even though we all hate the story.

And Doug Davidson had better be nominated this year for his wonderful portrayal of the storyline of him killing his son.

I will never like Victor, ever.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, January 04, 2013 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I agree Peter's performance is Emmy worthy Mamie.

Doug Davidson is one of my all time favs on Y&R. He is still hot after all these years.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, January 04, 2013 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I wrote to him after his performances and told him to stop making me cry everyday. He wrote back. Love Doug!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Victor gets worse and worse. Yuck, can't stand him. I loved Billy's crack about Victor catching blubber. He sure did look like a whaler in that coat. I think that was off the cuff and kind of through him for a bit.

I hate this stupid Leslie and her brother story. Who cares if she does or does not have a relationship with Neil and her brother is just slimy.