TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 02, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: BBC TV Shows: Archive through January 02, 2013 users admin

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 4:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I spend most of my time watching BBC shows and I love them. My current favorite is "Call The Midwife"
and also saw the first episode of Season 2 of "Upstairs Downstairs". I had not seen the original but am liking this one.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
"Call the Midwife" is on my local (Las Vegas) PBS station right now; it airs on Sunday nights from 8:00-9:00 p.m., and then from 9:00-10:00 p.m. Masterpiece Theater is premiering season 2 of the new, re-booted "Upstairs, Downstairs."

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I love Law & Order UK, but I don't know when the new seasons start in the UK so I just leave the season pass on my DVR so I'm pleasantly surprised to find an episode "to be recorded."

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I just watched the first ep of Call the Midwife on PBS. I really liked it. I'm going to keep my eye open for Season 2 of Upstairs, the first season only had a handful of episodes. I love Inspector Lewis (and Hathaway, who looks like my grandpa's younger self).

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I watch the Great British Bake-Off.

Has anyone watched the new show, Chef Race: UK vs US? Debating...so many shows, so little time.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Great British Bake Off is the best reality show ever ever ever. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that show except it makes me want to cook and eat the goodies they show!

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I am watching William and Mary right now which is a lovely show staring Martin Clune from Doc Martin show.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
One of my faves, I think it is Season 3 that started last week. Love Doc Martin too.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I LOVE The Great British Bake Off. It was hilarious in one episode when they had to make "American-style" pies and Paul Hollywood said that most American pies are just too sweet.

harumph!

Oh and for the record, I SO hope Brendan doesn't win this season. He's too smug by half.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I've taped Call the Midwife but haven't watched it yet.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Chef Race will start on BBC Canada Nov 5 and for those who like Scott and Bailey it starts Oct 25. No sign of The Great British Bake Off, which of course now I really want to see.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 4:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
All of my dvr'd shows are sitting waiting to be seen, for some reason they feel very heavy and dreary to me this week. You know what I mean, Parenthood=cancer, Grey's Anatomy=plane crash, etc etc. so I am sticking with my British shows.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'm also watching Prisoner's Wives which is on a station called Vision that has a lot of Brit shows.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Jasper,
I watch it here

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I like Casualty and wonder what's happened to Silk?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Thank you Rslover

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 4:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
oh my goodness, Upstairs Downstairs was wonderful this week. I was in tears when the children came off the train. But I do have to admit that sometimes I confuse some of the stories in U/D and Downton Abbey. I thought the indian in U/D was really in DA so spent a few minutes saying "waaaait a minute" lol.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
The finale of this season's Great British Bakeoff is up!

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
my kids gave me amazon prime for christmas, so I am watching all of these shows, UD, London Hospital, DA, Just starting the original upstairs downstairs
I watched the new first. Loved the same house and original characters

I warned the kids soon I will be speaking with a british accent. they thanked me for the explanation in advance.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Be sure you try Scott and Bailey, and Call the Midwife. Doc Martin too if you haven't seen it. Land Girls was good.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I agree with Doc Martin. I love that one. Waiting and waiting to see if we get another season anytime this year.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
oh my goodness, yesterday, New Years Day, I was kidnapped by The Tudors. I hadn't seen it when it was first on but oh my goodness I was transfixed. It was the best soap opera ever. Great way to spend a lazy day off.
As for the other shows, I loved William and Mary although Mary was annoying me by the end. Call the Midwife was fabulous...does anyone know if there are more of those coming?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I believe that I read that there will be a second series of Call the Midwife.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I found this on Huffpo "Call the Midwife will be back for a second season in March, but fear not, there's a holiday special to tide viewers over until the 2013 premiere. The holiday special of "Call The Midwife" airs Sunday, December 30 at 7:30pm EST and Season 2 kicks off on March 31 at 8 p.m. on PBS.

But hey I never knew there was a Xmas special...bummer

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I have the 2nd season earmarked Irsnappy! I did record the Xmas special but have yet to watch it. William and Mary had just the 3 seasons, I really liked it. Mary had some nerve turning to her ex like that. Her character in the end seemed very different.