TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 13, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 13, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Anyone is welcome to start a thread. :-)

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, November 02, 2012 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Ronk, yeah it was a bit dark for 8:00. Is this just a one time show or a series?

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Friday, November 02, 2012 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Question: were the CMA Awards on Thursday night discussed anywhere on this site?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think there was some mention of them but I don't recall seeing a specific thread.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
CBS picked Elementary for the big post-Super Bowl timeslot- bit of a surprise there (it might be for more business reasons than anything- CBS owns Elementary, while they don't own other potential candidates such as Big Bang Theory or 2 Broke Girls)

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, November 18, 2012 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did anybody watch the latest ep of Russell Brand's show on FX? Now that was crazy. He had some of the members of Westboro Baptist Church on his show (the ones who protest at military funerals and also hate gay people). I never saw anything so strange.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, November 19, 2012 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
The first part of "The Dust Bowl" by Ken Burns et al. was good imo.

"Two midnights in a jug"

Another part airs tonight apparently (on PBS)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 23, 2012 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did anybody else feel a little bit had or tricked last night when you realized the Michael Jackson special "Bad 25" on ABC was really a 90 minute infomercial for the 25th anniversary release of Michael's 1987 "Bad" album? I sure did.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 1:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I've watched the first 2 eps of Mankind, the Story of All of Us on The History Channel. It is very interesting and well done. Maybe they will repeat those. I think it is a 6 part series. The new eps come on at 9 pm tuesdays.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch Liz and Dick? I was just wondering if it was as much of a train wreck as I had heard. I usually like stuff the critics don't so I will catch it later just to see.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
omg Liz must be turning in her grave. Lindsay's acting is horrible and the script is worse!!

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I bumped into it by accident and briefly wondered what the heck I was watching. I lasted all of 5 minutes, as I watched Richard Burton introduce himself on the set of Cleopatra. Forget the portrayal of Liz, that Richard Burton was so limp and cardboard. I remember seeing Richard live onstage and so memorable in "Virginia Wolff". One thing he NEVER was was dull.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 3:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I could barely stand the ads. No way was I gonna try and watch it. The casting of Lindsay Lohan as Liz just made me want to puke. She's such a train wreck, I don't know if I could stomach anything she would be in.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought the guy who who played Burton did fine. I was able to slip into a zone where I was thinking of him as Burton. But there wasn't even one second I was able to twist my senses in thinking of that mess on screen as Liz. Lohan was just awful. It was worth the watch just because of the strangeness of it all....LOL

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
The guy that played Burton used to be on True Blood.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I had to look him up to jar my memory, Darrel. He was Cooter! LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I watched it and found myself quite confused by the whole show and periodically I got overly fascinated trying to figure out what was going on with Lindsay's lips, LOL.

I don't know if I think she was such a bad actress as the whole show didn't really seem to flow correctly or something. I couldn't quite figure the whole thing out, maybe I don't know enough about their relationship.

The other thing that sort of threw me was the changing hair length, I always remember Elizabeth with short/shoulder length hair, not hair down her back. At first I thought, oh extensions, but I think the time-frame wouldn't allow for that unless she was just wearing wigs.

Anyway, I can't say I enjoyed it but it wasn't terrible.

I am able to suspend my reality quite a bit to allow most shows to be entertainable, LOL.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 03, 2012 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If you missed, be sure to try to catch it online....

Led Zeppelin on David Letterman tonight. It was so much fun.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I was bawling at the end of this week's SVU. I hope Patricia Arquette gets an Emmy nom for it. She was great! It was also great to see Anne Meara again!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Devious Maids is an upcoming American television comedy-drama series created by Marc Cherry to air on Lifetime in 2013.

The pilot is based on the Mexican TV series Ellas son la Alegría del Hogar, which translates to English as "They are a Home's Joy" and was heavily influenced by Desperate Housewives. The Mexican series is based on an original concept by Gloria Calzada, Juan Meyer and Salvador Rizo. The American adaption was to follow four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills.

The series is set within the Desperate Housewives universe, as Roselyn Sánchez made a cameo appearance in the final episode, "Finishing the Hat", as her character Carmen.

Susan Lucci will play Genevieve.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Right now on PBS they are showing clips of old Andy Williams Christmas shows, and it is so nice to see them again. Brings back memories, and makes me realize how connected to Christmas Andy was to me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
People's Choice Voting!!! http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/vote/votenow.jsp

I always wonder why I didn't get to vote, so now at least I did, LOL.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Howie Mandel's new game show "Take it All": didn't intend to watch, but kept bumping into it. However, fell asleep on it tonight (wed night). Does anyone know how it ended? Who were the final two, and did they vote to keep only their own prizes or take it all? Thanks.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 4:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
the both kept their own. so everyone won.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Texannie! That's actually my preferred ending. I wish they would do something to tweak that final "prize fight" because it's less interesting than the rest of the show, and I just keep rooting for both sides to keep their prizes.