TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 19, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Doctor Who/Torchwood: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 19, 2012 users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I agree with Kitt. The articles are just announcements about the new companion (the actress and her character's name) and a summary of the season premiere which already aired. I can't think of anything spoilerish.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
How cool was it to see Ben Browder on Dr. Who??

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
WOW! Farscape is one of my favorite series of all time but I didn't recognize "John Crichton" at all!

ben
(image from http://clairesautographs.blogspot.com/)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't recognise him either!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I recognized his voice first, then did a double-take when I realized who he was. Maybe Claudia, Gigi, or Anthony will make an appearance sometime in the future.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, September 17, 2012 - 3:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Lycan, I did the same as you. Recognized his voice immediately!! Very distinctive and then saw the face under all those whiskers. LOL

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I have been saving up my Dr Who's to have a little marathon and I am confused. It seems it was only on for three weeks and the ep this week says Season 7 finale and the Dr regenerates? Is this so?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No, no Doctor regenerating in the near future. This season is shown in two sections, five episodes now (the last is the one coming up this Saturday) and the rest are, I think, in January?? (Or are you a week behind in Canada? We've seen Daleks, Dinosaurs, Wild West and the latest one was centred on the Ponds.)

There is a big event this Saturday, but it's not the Doctor regenerating.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought it was an excellent episode tonight. Good ending to that part of the story, and only half sad!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 3:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Kitt....I enjoyed it too! Only half-sad..what a great way to put it. Oh those creepy angels! I became attached to Amy and Rory and will miss them. Enjoyed River Song last night too...

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I did miss one ep it looks like, I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I watched all of the others, enjoyed them thoroughly. It was a sad final ep, but I have been finding Amy a little wearing. I think I'll miss Rory more.

Lyn

08-07-2002

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Very good episode...kind of sad

I kept waiting for the Ood in the bathroom to show up but I guess that was just a BBC joke (five parts) to celebrate the final five episodes of Rory and Amy

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, October 01, 2012 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Ahh finally. LOL I feel a bit guilty since it isn't the actors' fault that the writers wrote the last season the way they did but I am glad to see the end of this companion(s). I too will miss Rory more Jasper but before they bludgeoned the storylines I did enjoy Amy as well.

Now we start the waiting game again, looking forward to Christmas.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Christmas Special "The Snowmen" will be on Christmas Day on BBC America, at 6 or 9pm (the usual DW time). Here's a gallery of pics, looks like a period piece... with aliens:
http://www.bbcamerica.com/doctor-who/photos/2012-christmas-special-teaser-gallery/#6618

Looks like it's the same time in Canada too:
http://www.spacecast.com/article/The-Snowmen-Gets-an-Airdate

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Cool! I think I'll head over to Christmas Day right now so I can see it...

Dr__Who_and_Tardis_by_Mirz123

Reenie

06-24-2006

Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Hops into the Tardis with SFJF!!

Christy358

07-10-2007

Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Good thing it is bigger on the inside!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 1:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Well, Reenie and I are back and that christmas episode was GREAT! We decided not to reveal any spoilers so don't even ask.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
It IS really big inside Christy!!!

I will not reveal any spoilers either SFJF!!

But, I will say it was a fun time with The Dr.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    

Calamity

10-18-2001

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the news, Kitt.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The tardis has a new inside !

http://io9.com/5969715/the-new-doctor-who-tardis-interior-revealed

tardis

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
If the Tardis can makeover it's insides, why can't it change it's outside, too?

I've always liked it being "stuck" in "old police call box mode", but have at times thought it would be funny if it somehow suddenly turned itself into something else without warning....like an outhouse or a clown car or even a teepee! It could be something they could never predict.

Not every time (I do like the police call box) but every once in awhile...or maybe just once! It could be the the theme of an episode.

Ya gotta admit, it would throw the good Doctor and his cohorts for a loop and it could be pretty entertaining seeing them looking for the "porta-potty-tardis" among a long row of porta-potties at a county fair or something!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
KITT - thanks so much for that picture of the new Tardis...I like it.

SFJF - Your idea about the porta-potty-tardis is hilarious!!!