TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 03, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 03, 2012 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That was a really great episode. It is nice to see Christina and Meredith finally come to grips with reality. Hopefully they will stop running. And it cracked me up to see in the previews that Christina was back to terrorizing interns...and they thought Meredith was bad...they ain't seen nothing yet!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good that Christina will be back, but I sure hated seeing her older mentor die.. I really had grown to like him.. and them together.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 1:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I hope Christina and Owen make up now.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
It was sad to see him die. He was her person in Minnesota.

I'm glad she's back and I'm glad we won't have to see them show the St. Paul Cathedral in St. Paul, MN when they're supposed to be in Rochester...nearly 80 miles away. And also, what time of year are they supposed to be in? They really stereotyped MN with the freezing cold and snow. It's going to be near 70 in Rochester today.

Oops, sorry for the rant. I'm a sucker for continuity.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Those location and weather mistakes aren't continuity errors.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I liked him better than I like Owen...

Really.. not continuity but just screwups or laziness.

LOL, but you have to admit you have more cold and snow that they do in Seattle. They tend to show it raining in Seattle too and I know they get a few sunny days.. though Orcas Island, in the Puget Sound advertises that they get 100 more sunny days a year than does Seattle.

I love catching mistakes.. remember way back when The Graduate first came out and of course being up at Berkeley a bunch of us went to see it and there was a scene when Dustin's character was supposed to be driving to Berkeley and they showed his car on the top deck of the Oakland Bay Bridge.. but.. the top deck only went towards San Francisco.. the entire theatre (in Oakland) groaned. And then the scenes supposedly on campus were shot at Stanford, a real kick in the head since Cal and Stanford are rivals for over a century.

Anyway, glad Christina is BACK.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Also liked Bailey lecturing Meredith on not having her child crying near the ICU but after Meredith came through that day, she had "earned" Bailey's tested list of babysitters :-)

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Apologies for using an incorrect word. My goodness. You know what I mean.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 16, 2012 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
While I have not always liked this show after the plane crash, I did enjoy last nights episode... Avery getting emails from the Chief meant for his mother (and vice-versa), Bailey able to get Arizona to come into the hospital on her own (although I had flashbacks to Sheldon's mother on the Big Bang Theory when she said Arizona was like a baby deer...), Yang kicking butt in the OR while training her surgical interns and Avery and (can't think of her name) finally deciding that they really like each other.

What I did not like is that the plane crash victims may sue Seattle Grace (i.e. Owen) for putting them on the plane.

Most of all, I liked how Karev bought Meredith's house to 'grow up' and not be a leach hitting on interns for the rest of his life. I so want him in a real relationship again.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, November 16, 2012 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I agree with pretty much all of what you just said Kooklie...

I just wish they'd "fix" the Owen/Christina situation. It's like Mer/Der of yesteryear. Either put them together or boot him from the hospital. It needs closure.

Also, Sheldon's mother is exactly what I thought of too.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 16, 2012 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I also like the fact that Christina went "home" to Meredith's house to once again be Korev's roommate (whether he liked it or not...LOL!).

I almost cried when Arizona ended up in the hospital...under her own power. The look on Callie's face was so sweet.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 12:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Bailey did a great job of luring her back, using the bait of a juicy case.

The mitochondrial disease and another on the show was there because Chandra's daughter suffers from them and she wants awareness. She was on The Talk that day and reminded them that she was on their very first show and they allowed her to talk about that subject.

She directed this episode.

I liked that too, about Christina going home to Meredith's former house

I could see where that attorney was going from the start.. the deepest pockets.. the hospital..

I very much doubt that any of them will approve of that tactic, I loved that Cristina refused to trump up injuries and in fact refused to claim actual ones and that Callie not only came back and retracted what was pulled out of her but got herself and Derrick interested in trying to fix him.

Loved when Yang was in the OR and told her eager interns that sometimes the old ways are better.. a tribute to her late mentor.

And the bit about the texts to and from the Chief and how he pointed out that they were passed along because the son was actually okay with the situation and that he had apparently gotten at least one text from April...(is that her name).

Kellee

07-07-2004

Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 5:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
The one thing I truly loved is when Meridith told Alex what all his complaints meant. We never hear about Izzy anymore so it was interesting to see his reaction to the sentimental. No more hos cold Karev tries to come off he has always seemed deep down to be that little boy lost seeking the family he never really had because of his mother's mental health issues.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Kellee, which is one of the reasons why I think he really wanted Mer's house. It felt like home to him. did you see him touch the marks on the wall? And there was no fight with Yang, just wanted to make sure she bought the4 TP. LOL

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I'm just glad they kept the house in the "family." That place has history from the very first scene of the show. It's a great house and I, for one, would love to live in it.

This episode was just plain ol' classic, normal Grey's. Loved it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh! And I loved that the doc Cristina is working for let it slip that OWEN had really pushed for him to hire her.. not the other way around that Owen had tried to imply. So there is a spark there even though he's acting like an ass.

You are right.. lots of classic normal Grey's.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
my new dvr cuts the last minute off and cant figure out how to fix it.

soooooo....is meredith pregnant, is that what the shirt was, i am guessing it said something about big sister

Eroica

07-28-2005

Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
Lurkin, yes she is pregnant.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, December 03, 2012 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Which was really wonderful, IMO.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 03, 2012 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Meredith is pregnant and April is not and her vast relief.. the guy actually thought about it and asked her to MARRY him when she thought she was pregnant.. her expressions of how they dodged that bullet, led him to say sayonara. At least for now?

Cristina admitted to Meredith she did want to get back with Owen, but he rebuffed her.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, December 03, 2012 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Honestly I don't blame Owen for that at all. Just because Christina wants to get back together doesn't mean she has changed her mind about wanting a family, and that's something that Owen really wants. Just because she realizes she loves him doesn't negate what she has done in the past, nor does it negate that they want different things out of life. One of them will have to compromise on something that is very important to them, and I'm not sure either one of them would (especially Christina). It would ultimately tear them apart in the long run.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, December 03, 2012 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Another reason Owen wants a divorce is because he wants them to win the negligence case. The hospital lawyers have been so accommodating with him and Christina and it turns out the reason they are is because they're hoping a judge will look at the case, see he's married to one of the complaintants and declare conflict of interest and dismiss the case.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, December 03, 2012 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
her expressions of how they dodged that bullet, led him to say sayonara. At least for now?

I think Jackson wanted to marry April -- baby or not. To me it was a look of surprise and disappointment on his face when she said no baby so they didn't have to get married. They could just go on living their lives. Then the look on her face when he got up and walked away.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, December 03, 2012 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Agreed... I also think that Jackson really wanted to marry April.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 03, 2012 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But originally, Jackson was the one to stress that he didn't want to be married now, so April backed off but then she couldn't resist the sex.. but at this point he thought about it and I do think he was in for the committment with or without a baby involved, whereas she interpreted it as "having" to get married.