TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 19, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 19, 2012 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know if they just wanted to have somewhere to go to think about them, but even if that's the case it seems a bit premature, they definitely might have been able to get Lori's body (even though they didn't).

Only half a day has passed (as yesterday's show started at the ending of the week before's and ended the next morning), so Carol has been missing overnight and could easily have shut herself in a cell somewhere. I really hope they find her alive.

Also.... who else is in the prison? Who phoned Rick?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that phone ringing was a surprise. Can't wait to see!

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Who would have the phone number for the prison? I wonder if it's the warden of the prison or the real govenor.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They did mention earlier in the show (when the alarm was going off) that there was a whole section of the prison they hadn't explored. It has to be an internal analogue phone, so I think there's a group in another wing of the prison.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 12:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Mostly for me, a timeline so far. This (half) season is two thirds through and we've only seen a few days again.

S3.Day 1, 7-8 months after end of Season 2
S3E1 They find the prison and clear part of the compound outside and get some sleep.

S3.Day 2
Kill their way into Prison Block C and set up for the night.

S3.Day 3
They try to go further into the prison. Hershell is bitten and Rick cuts off his lower leg to stop the infection spreading. Some living prisoners watch them. Meanwhile Michonne looks after a sick Andrea. S3E2 Prisoners reveal they survived after a riot 294 days ago. Rick agrees to clear a cell block for them in exchange for half the food. Big Tiny gets killed, Tomas and Andrew attack Rick, Rick kills Tomas, Andrew is shut outside.

S3.Day 4
S3E3 After seeing an army helicopter crash, Michonne and Andrea get taken to Woodbury by The Governor and Merle.

S3.Day 5
Governor kills the group of soldiers and the pilot, tells Woodbury the walkers got them. The Governor keeps trophy heads in his home.

S3.Day 6
S3E4 Andrew tempts walkers into yard and the prison is overrun. T-Dog is bitten, sacrifices himself to try to save Carol. Lori, Carl and Maggie get cut off and Maggie has to remove the baby by cesarean, killing Lori. Carl shoots her in the head to stop her turning walker. Gang reunite and Rick is devastated. S3E5 Rick goes on walker killing spree, finds a walker ate Lori's body. Meanwhile the Governor brushes his walker-daughter's hair. Michonne realises the Governor is trouble and leaves Woodbury. Andrea stays and witnesses Walker Fight Club.

S3.Day 7
Daryl puts a flower on Carol's memorial. Rick answers a ringing phone in the prison.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 12:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just thought, I wonder if that's where Carol is, with a second group in the prison? To survive really she'd have to have shut herself in a room somewhere, in which case you'd have thought she'd have tried to get out and would have been back in the story by now, or she ran and somehow bumped into some others and they saved her.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 12:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I think Carol will show up again....but maybe not alive.

Walking Dead relishes killing off their main characters in surprising and shocking ways so I sincerely doubt they would let a main character like Carol be killed by walkers without showing it to the viewers.....unless they had planned to have her reappear as a walker herself which could be almost as shocking as when they showed us Sophie coming out of the barn.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's because of Sophie that I think she will be alive somewhere. We've had the "person lost, comes back unexpectedly as walker" thing so I think this time she will be alive. It's almost like we expect the worst so the only thing to do to surprise us is have a happy ending.

Plus I think they waste a storyline if they don't have something blossom between Carol and Daryl. They had them teasing each other a bit in the premiere as if there was some spark, and I think they'd only cut that short once they'd fully drawn us into it.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
It would be a bit poetic if her death mimicked Sophia's, but it wouldn't have the same impact because they're not looking for Carol. They found the scarf, and they've accepted she's dead (or turned). Otherwise, they wouldn't have filled in grave.

So, I agree, since they've already accepted the worst...the big impact would be if they find her alive.

I'm still holding hope that she got accidentally locked in a room, or something.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Where did they get the fresh water for the baby formula?
That bag they had when they took the formula- sure didn't look big enough to have a stack of diapers... LOL

This show reminds me of lost in the way they kill off main characters unexpectedly

And I guess the graves were empty- wonder why they dug them in the 1st place....only to fill in with dirt? Hmmm ????

Did Rick dig out Lori's body out of the zombie who ate her? That was pretty gross ....

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
After the show on Talking Dead, the director said the graves were supposed to be for Laurie, T-dog, and Carol.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure that only 2 of the 3 graves had been filled in. The grave on the far side still looked like an open hole and there was a pile of dirt to the side of it.

I was confused about Carol's grave, too...being filled in already. Of course, I was confused that they would dig a grave w/out a body also. But then I kind of reasoned out how it could've happened...

Maggie & Daryl had gone for baby supplies. Rick had gone to find Lori, and kill zombies. So, Glen was just on auto-pilot. Since they always bury their loved ones (when they can), and 3 people had died, I can see how he'd just automatically dig 3 graves. He might not have even known that there was no Carol to bury.

It seems likely to me that he & the prisoners did actually bury what was left of T-Dog, and that would've been when he realized there were no remains for Carol...so just filled in her grave, too.

Of course, we don't know for sure that they didn't find and bury Carol...but I just don't believe the show would've left something like that on the cutting room floor.

This show reminds me of Lost, too, in that I can't stop thinking about it all week...lol

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
There would have to be two open graves then, right? They didn't have Lori's remains, Rick was still in the prison cutting them out of zombie guy.

And no remains for Carol.

I'm still confused! :-)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There should have been two open graves if we assume they buried T-Dog (which wasn't shown, but we did see them find and recognise his body).

Daryl told the others that Carol was dead because he (with Rick and someone else??) found her headscarf near T-Dog's body. I can't remember where Glen was, but Hershel, the young daughter and at least some others have just taken Daryl's word that Carol is dead.

I thought when Rick was stabbing the walker's stomach he was trying to make sure that Lori was fully dead in there (not somehow eaten with brain intact and about to turn zombie). Really all he knew about Lori's death is that Maggie was covered in blood and was carrying the baby, he doesn't know that Carl shot her in the head so he might have thought she had died because of the birth and might still turn. Not that he's probably thinking all that straight right now!

I think about it all week too! And I will be missing the next two episodes, won't be able to catch up until after that, just before the finale!

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Well, they briefly confirmed on TTD that Lori's grave was the open one, and that it was Carol's grave that Daryl laid the Cherokee Rose on.

I think they want us to assume that they did find & bury Carol..probably so we'll be surprised when she turns up.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It was too soon for them to close any of the graves if they didn't have a body. I don't know why they would do that. If Daryl thought Carol had been turned for instance, I'd have thought he would have spent a long time going through the prison trying to find her to put her down. I guess other events took over and maybe Glen or the prisoners thought it was best to close it.

(not saying that that's not what happened, just saying it shouldn't have happened that way)

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
It never occurred to me that was what Rick was doing. At first, I thought he was cutting it to try to find her, but when I watched it again (yesterday) it looked more like he was venting his grief/anger/self-blame on it.

By the way, since when do zombies eat the dead? Did that mean that Lori wasn't dead? Could Carl have missed? What was that the significance of Rick picking up the bullet?..and when have we ever seen a zombie drag it's victim anywhere? They just drop down and start chomping..and when have we seen a zombie consume every single bit, even her shoes?

Sorry, this episode left me w/ so many question marks. So many things that just didn't fit for me. Can't wait for Sunday, hopefully I'll gain some clarity.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think Zombies eat bodies. Since Carl shot her, she didn't become 'undead' so was edible.

I can't believe I just typed that. really.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
LOL...I think that same thing all the time.

I'm thinking about when Daryl pulled the dead bodies over himself & T-Dog on the highway and the zombies walked right past them...but those were old dead bodies, maybe since Lori was still fresh ... ugh.

Oh well, a tiny part of me is still in denial about Lori being dead. I think I'm just trying to believe that she's not.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Me too. I just cannot accept that Lori is dead--especially in such a gruesome way! That poor woman. I didnt realize that she couldnt give birth normally and needed a c-section.
Emotionally, Lori's son will be a zombie before this is over. The things he has seen and done! It makes you realize that in a post appocylptic world, only the messed up and strong willed will be able to carry on. Most people would not find themselves able to kill and stay constantly on edge to stay alive!
And whats with the Gov keeping his zombie daughter? Is he looking for a cure? Is that why they collect zombies, for experimenting?

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched yet but my son said he thought Rick was looking for Lori's wedding ring to make sure it was her or something

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, November 19, 2012 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know a site to watch last nights show?

I taped wrong channel and missed it... :-(

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 19, 2012 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Lostfan., here's a schedule....looks like it will re-air tonight at midnight (. not sure but that may be EST). The title of last night's episodes was "Hounded".

http://www.amctv.com/schedule#series/The-Walking-Dead

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 19, 2012 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That 1AM showing was this morning. The next showing isn't until Friday.

btw, it's already in on-demand if you have that.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, November 19, 2012 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sanfran and Naja :-)