TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 14, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Nashvillle: Archive through November 14, 2012 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am going to miss this on Wednesday night YET AGAIN!

One of my friends lives on "the hottest trick or treating street in town" where they have over a thousand kids come by! There are usually 10 to 12 of us who have salad, lasagna, garlic bread and wine and take turns by pairs on the front porch candy duty!

Since the weather has turned COLD here, I expect 15-minute shifts will be the norm tomorrow night!

I hope to have enough time at the library on Thursday to watch "Survivor" and "Nashville" both!!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Bump for tonight!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yep. One of my few favorite hour network TV shows.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Very surprised at the lack of musical numbers tonight; really missed hearing from "Scarlet". I think there was just that one Rayna number at the end? Although, I must admit, I was engrossed enough in the storylines, that I didn't immediately notice.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I will surely be heading to the library tomorrow to get caught up

We had more than 1400 spooks at my friend's house, so that was a very fun adventure!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Drat - didn't have time to do more than watch the "Suvivor" episode I missed. The library is closed on Friday - budget cuts - and I have my HS class Harvest Home luncheon on Saturday.

However I hope to have time to duck in and view the last episode after the luncheon and before I go downtown to work the Anthony Bourdain program at TPAC that evening.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Can anyone tell me what sort of music the poet girl from the cafe is singing? Is it country, or folk, or something else. I'm not sure I've heard that style before. I also like the Rayna/Deacon(name?) song about loving each other from a few episodes ago. If this is the new "country" music I've been missing out.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, November 02, 2012 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
LOL! Not a country music fan, but it has moved on a bit from the days of "riding down the road in my truck with my hound dog and crying in my beer 'cause she isn't here!"

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, November 02, 2012 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is the music in the show typical modern country music then? I don't have much exposure to country except country week on Idol(!) and they're a lot more "country" than it's been on the show!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, November 02, 2012 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kitt:

http://www.accuradio.com/#

If you go to the accuradio site and scroll down to the COUNTRY music section, and click on the various options there, you'll see (and hear!) how varied Country music can be.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, November 02, 2012 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Interesting, thanks. I never thought of Taylor Swift as Country. I think mostly it's the oldies in "Folk" I like, but the "New Country" has some goodies too.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, November 02, 2012 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I volunteer at Second Harvest (our local food bank) in the Culinary Arts Center (our catering branch.) Our sous chef is the cold line chef at Watermark, an upscale restaurant, at night. Watermark is in this last episode!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I got caught up on this today! There are some really nice aerial shots on there, but they are gone so quickly that I can't get my bearings to figure out when they were filmed -

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I haven't been following the show the past two weeks, am terrible about these things.

Kitt, bands like the Civil Wars (who wrote the lovely duet "If I Didn't Know Better" from the pilot episode)are roots or Americana music. Singers such as Emmylou Harris fall under this category as well, with Alison Krauss being more bluegrass but still in the roots music category. A lot of rich history and beautiful music comes out of this genre.

I think the heart of Nashville (the city) is in the right place, with many great musicians, but just like pop music, country music becomes more commercial for mass radio airplay. It's a shame, because there are a lot of very talented country artists, but we only know the commercial side of them, and it can be a turn-off.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Couldn't have explained it better, NY! Every crummy dive-bar in Nashville has pretty darn good music -and a lot of the people who have played in them have gone on to bigger things.

"Nashville" filmed today at TPAC - the TN Performing Arts Center - where I volunteer with a couple of the educational programs and the Broadway series. I am not sure which of the theaters they are in as we have three venues ranging from 200+ to 2400+ seats. Or they could be in War Memorial which is a gorgeous art deco space with a small stage across the street from the main TPAC building but under "our" aegis.

I have a far better chance of pinpointing that locale than the fast-moving aerials!

Wrennez

11-03-2009

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wrennez a private message Print Post    
I had to cancel my series recording. The writing is appauling. I so wanted to like it since I live in Nashville. Cannot bear to waste another 45 minutes watching another episode, a shame.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I have sent a pm to Wrennez! I hope we can meet for a cup of coffee or a glass of wine! I am one of the gentlest mass murderers!

Wrennez

11-03-2009

Sunday, November 11, 2012 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wrennez a private message Print Post    
you're funny titan, sort of clueless here, don't know what a PM is. I always enjoy reading about your happenings around town, sort of a homebody myself, not much money and I work from home.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, November 11, 2012 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
PM is personal message / e-mail.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I - and friends who also watch the show - are still trying to puzzle out who the male characters are based (loosely) upon. We think we have the women nailed -

Yes, Wrennez, my PM should have turned up in your email box!

If you would like to get together for coffee, we can meet at a McDonald's convenient for you! I'm easy -

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Tn, please share who you think the characters are based upon. I've been trying to do that myself, but think they are all too "loosely" based to come up with anything.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Rayna could be Reba.
Scarlett could be Taylor.
Slutty gal could be Lorrie Morgan.

Remember that I have a chance to rub shoulders once a month with a bunch of Nashville songwriters, so we are more likely to be right on the music industry folks than the political arena folks.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Slutty gal makes me think of Leann Rhymes

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I'll ask arond, but I don't think I have heard that sort of talk about her -

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'll ask arond, but I don't think I have heard that sort of talk about [Leann Rimes] -

What about the whole mess with Leann and her now husband Eddie Cibrian and his ex wife?