TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 18, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Big Bang Theory & Young Sheldon: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 18, 2012 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Wil and Lavar will be back:
http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2012/10/05/14242812-star-trek-stars-levar-burton-and-wil-wheaton-to-return-to-big-bang-theory?lite

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Liked last night's episode better than the season premiere. Though Sheldon's hair distracted me a bit. He was right about the smell of coconut though.

P.S. I wish PBS still aired Burton's Reading Rainbow.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Burton is now a cast-member of PERCEPTION on TNT (USA) and BRAVO (CDA).

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I hope next season they utilize him more. But I find his eye distracting after watching him in probably several hundred repeats of STNG with his visor on.

Nan

09-25-2000

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nan a private message Print Post    
I really liked seeing more of "Stuart". I hope they continue to have him more prominent in the future episodes.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
i want leonard and penny together. i dont like that she isnt happy

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that caught me off guard - I mean when Penny said she didn't feel in love the way she had in other relationships. It almost seemed like a deliberate plot point to perhaps keep them apart so Sheldon & Leonard will stay roommates. And it gave Sheldon an "aww" moment when he quietly asked her not to hurt his friend. But that was at the expense of Penny even though it's understandable she may have conflicted feelings. She doesn't seem ready for marriage and that doesn't mean she's a bad person. But if she & Leonard break up again because of that, it might make her character less sympathetic to some viewers.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Stuart was elevated to regular cast member this season. So he will be in more episodes. Raj needs a buddy now that Howard is married (and still in space).

This episode was the premier of Mayim's hand splint. Did you notice you never saw her right hand? Hidden behind pillows, boxes, under the table, etc. She had a woman who helped her dress, her tights were changed to thigh highs to avoid her dresser having to pull them up over her private parts (Mayim is very modest in real life).

Nan

09-25-2000

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nan a private message Print Post    
Nice to know about Stuart being a regular....thanks.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I had read about this being the first "hand" episode. Even knowing that, I did not notice. I guess that meant they did a good job.

I think Penny will realize that the reason she feels differently is that this is real love. That is a better end of season thing.

And I am glad Stuart will be on more. I always thought he kind of belonged with the group, even if he isn't a genius.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
LOL moment: in order for Sheldon to accept Stuart as a substitute Howard, Stuart had to approximate Howard's characteristics:

"Sheldon: Howard went to M.I.T. Where did you go?
"Stuart: I went to art school.
"Sheldon: Equally preposterous. You'll do."

(BTW, I like the idea that an artist has been accepted into the group of science nerds; I think that will add a dimension to the group friendship. Especially as the meeting point for those two different kinds of minds would be ComicCon. )

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
it looks like with the addition of Stuart that are going to bring Raj out of the closet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Because of Penny, I had lunch for the first time at The Cheesecake Factory. Wow, it was really good, thank you Penny, LOL.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
It's funny though, every Cheesecake Factory I've been in has great decor. BBT's CF is so drab.

This was the non reality show I looked forward to most every week. I have not enjoyed this season's episodes as much as past eps though. I hope it picks up.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
(Dipo, after I posted I remembered that you live somewhere in the Bay Area. Walnut Creek's CF has my favorite decor of all CF's I've been in. And what a nice area it is in!)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes, that is the one I went to, it is really gorgeous inside and out, love that they have a fire/water feature, LOL. I am going again next week and if they do a Thanksgiving feast I would love to go there for that as well, LOL.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
:-) You picked a good one!

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Friday, October 12, 2012 - 5:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
"I'm just a blonde monkey to you, aren't I?"

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 12, 2012 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO!!!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, October 12, 2012 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
DD, that remark about did me in. So funny!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, October 12, 2012 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
It would have had a lot more impact for me if they hadn't used it in every commercial for the show for a week. I must have seen her say that line 20 times.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, October 12, 2012 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I agree Mama. It fell flat simply because I knew it was coming.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, October 12, 2012 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I laughed at that, too. With TIVO I never see commercials, so it wasn't spoiled for me. :-)

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
What are these commercials you speak of? I'm with you Teach, I have no idea things are coming because I never watch commercials anymore.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
So Howard is back from space. No beard. Bernice sick, his mom is gettin' busy with the dentist, Raj and Stuart going to Sound of Music, rest of the gang having a pie eating contest. He finally gets noticed by a waitress and she gives him a piece of cheesecake but doesn't want to hear his tales. Poor Rocket Man!