TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 07, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Ghost Hunting Shows: Archive through October 07, 2012 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The original GH was back last night without Grant, and I thought it was a really great ep. Best one in a long time. That was really crazy how crew member "Hagar" was getting all scratched. There's a new member next week, and they showed a quick shot of her, but I hope it's not that girl from GHA. The one who says she is a medium and spent some time with GHI. Next week looks super scary! :-)

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
I liked it but I really missed Grant and I think I might be watching too much GA cause GH seemed a little slow to me. I really like the Psychic kids show also Allym.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sometimes I get a little impatient with GA these days. I was watching an ep recently and there was so much set up and goofing around that it was 25 minutes into the hour before they actually started hunting.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Naja, I feel the same way about GA. I think it was last season where they changed things up a bit, and the actual investigation part is very short compared to what it was previously.

I'm really happy with the changes on GH with the exception of Grant being gone. I love Grant. But, I like how they changed it up. It had become so stale to me, same old same old, different place with same results. This one had some excitment and I enjoyed it.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
I think a lot of the GA fans are young girls that like to watch the crew goof around and aren't that interested in the actual ghost hunt. Or at least that's my impression from reading some of the other GA fan boards. I watch GA because it's different and sometimes really funny.

ITA this last GH show was good. Can't believe one of the crew was scratched so many times. I doubt I would have went back to that floor after being scratched the first time. lol
I miss Grant but hopefully they can show some excitement in what they are doing to keep us from being bored. Proving things to be natural and not ghostly is okay and it is interesting to see what actually made the sounds or shadows, etc., but I like for the crew to get spooked sometimes, like most of us would be if we were looking around those creepy places. That's the fun part...being scared.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
You're right, Willsfan!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have to tell you guys something I think is so funny. On a recent ep of "Celebrity Ghost Stories", Jack Osbourne was telling a story from when he was a kid.

The funny part was that in the re-enactment, they had a little chubby girl playing his sister Kelly, and they had a slim kid portraying Jack. And all I kept thinking was how if Jack and Kelly are even slightly like me and brother, she had to have been watching that episode all ticked off. I bet she cussed through the whole thing that they showed her as a little butterball and him as a slim dude ....LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 20, 2012 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just checked the listings and tomorrow night GA is going to "Bachelor's Grove Cemetery "! That's where we would go when I was teen. It was a really scary place. It's just southwest of Chicago.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 21, 2012 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ha, I just realized I've been to both places GA is investigating tonight. Besides the cemetery in my above post, they are going to a Chicago bar called The Excalibur. It looks like a little castle.

this is a cap from the street view at maps.google.com

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Friday, September 21, 2012 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
Cool! It does look like a castle.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, September 21, 2012 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Cool! I recorded the show and will watch this weekend.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 22, 2012 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
As fun as it was since I knew both places, I wish they would have investigated a little more :-( THey investigated 2 places this time and it never got started until 25 minutes into the hour again because they filmed the protests from May, and they visited Zak's home town of Glen Ellyn.

I do know the lights they saw were just headlights from the other side of the woods. You can see headlights for miles in the dark, and those woods are only a mile wide. ANd when they would hold the cam still, you could see it was one car after another. Not one single light fading in and out like they were saying.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Saturday, September 22, 2012 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Naja, I agree. It was pretty lame, both investigations. I've been finding their show to really be lacking lately.

Does anyone watch Paranormal Witness?

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
I do, it's pretty good. "A Haunting" will have new shows starting next month on Destination America. That show is kind of scary...if the events actually happened. I admit I even watch reruns.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Monday, September 24, 2012 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I thought the same thing about last week's GA episode. I wondered if we were just having old home week or if we were going to see any investigation. And to try to put two investigations into 35 minutes was too much in too little time.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think I like the new girl on GH. She has an interesting nose....LOL I'm not laughing at her nose. I'm laughing at how much I enjoy strange noses. Barry Manilow is my favorite singer.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, September 28, 2012 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
LOL Naja!

I absolutely love Adam on GH.

I am recording tonight's GA, so we shall see if it's any better.

I've never seen "A Haunting".

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Ghost Hunters marathon on SyFy today.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It looks like GH isn't going to have a live Halloween investigation this year :-( They have skipped Halloween a couple times before, but it doesn't make it any more easy to take :-(

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
Smokey - A Haunting is a true story about homes that have paranormal activity. Different home each week. One show a couple of years ago were of a married couple with their granddaughter that some friends knew personally so that made the show very interesting and even scarier since those people were so down to earth that they wouldn't lie about their house being haunted.

From a website describing the show..

"Most episodes present several accounts of paranormal experiences through cinematic re-enactments, which are accompanied by commentary from eyewitnesses and investigators themselves paranormal activity. The series follows a frequently recurring pattern, in which victims of hauntings begin noticing peculiar incidents that gradually become more frequent and bizarre. Denial is most often the first reaction. As the situation escalates, however, and every possible conventional explanation is explored and found wanting, they either contact a paranormal investigator, a member of the clergy, or a spiritual medium for assistance. In some cases, victims are able to successfully resolve their paranormal issues, while in others, victims are forced to vacate their residence."

So, if you or any other TVCH member get a chance be sure to watch it.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Willsfan, thanks, I will look for it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I used to watch "A Haunting" the first couple of seasons, but I found I don't enjoy shows that are 100% re-enactments, or shows that have psychics. I think my only exception right now is "Celebrity Ghost Stories". And that's only interesting for me because we know those people.

One of my favs is "My Ghost Story". It used to be 100% personal accounts and personal real photos and video, but they have added a little re-enactment as the show progressed.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Naja, you don't like The Dead Files?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Smokey, The only part of the dead files I watch is the part where she has a sketch artist draw a picture, and then I FF to the end and watch the comparison. I can't take her psychic babbling.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
The lady on Dead Files was also on a couple of other shows, one was "A Haunting" but on that show she was an investigator & wasn't doing a psychic reading. Like Naja I find it hard to watch the entire Dead Files show.

Some people can instantly get bad vibes from a house because I have. When we were house hunting we went into a beautifully decorated home with lots of light (huge windows) but it gave me the creeps. I just didn't feel at all comfortable.
I think everyone has a "spidey sense" but ignore it when they might be better off to pay attention to those creepy feelings they get from people or places. I guess there are some truly psychic people, but many are fake.

BTW, my neighbor commited suicide back in the 70's. He left his car running and closed all the doors in the garage and was asphyxiated. I was in that house afterwards several times but never felt anything at all. I loved the elderly lady that lived there and felt so sorry that her husband killed himself because he was very ill. Maybe it's because I liked them both so much that the house didn't feel creepy.