TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 09, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Person Of Interest: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 09, 2012 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't know if the woman at the other table died. Root said she would be "fine in a month or two." But I guess we'll never know whether or not she died. Root had to have the woman incapacitated so she could steal her cell phone.

Glenn

07-05-2003

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenn a private message Print Post    
and hi back to you Trini.

Interesting that you used the word creepy to define Ms. Turing's use of a chemical added to the other woman's drink to incapacitate her to gain access to her phone. If the woman doesn't die, I find that less creepy than the image of my friend John who has a predilection for putting bullets in peoples kneecaps who appear to be on the opposing team. I suspect that is because I have a brother who did undercover work as a police officer and it bothers me that just because someone is hanging with a group of bad guys, it doesn't mean to me that he is a bad guy.

I am starting the new season with the idea that we are going to learn that the machine has been designed by Finch with an artificial intelligence that has been searched for since the 1950's or 1960's. Hence, the infatuation of Ms. Turing for Harold.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm dying to find out out Root's connection with Nathan.

And I'm still chewing on the same bone from last season where I said that Root was the 8th person to know about the machine since we now know she knew about the machine before she hacked into Finch's computer.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
We know she knew about the machine? I missed that part....

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yes Karuuna... she mentioned that Nathan told her about the machine.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Huh. I don't remember that.

Glenn

07-05-2003

Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenn a private message Print Post    
Put your boots on folks, we are going to Texas next episode. Who remembers that Nathan hails from Freeport, Texas?

Lexie, I can hear those machines rewinding this very moment to hear what you heard. Hang on to that bone.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, October 01, 2012 - 3:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
<<<---- chewing her

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, October 01, 2012 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Glen I dear not read you comments in the dark :-) to all on the correction on the lady at the next table, she will be fine a couple of months.
I will have to go watch "No Good Deed" to remember Nathan...

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, October 01, 2012 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Contingency in place", hence the name of the season 2 opener.
seems like both Nathan and Finch have a contingency in place...two separate programs? I will keep it to myself who I think the 8th person is. Alicia doesn't know that is for sure.

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, October 01, 2012 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
correction, Finch did not want a contingency in place; so I would think Finch did not create one, but Nathan did put one in place in 2009 anyway. Does Finch know?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 01, 2012 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought Finch made Reese the contingency plan? The machine seems to be working with him now. Isn't Nathan--that was the other partner with Finch, right?--isn't he supposed to be dead? I'm so confused!

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
back in 2009 before Nathan died, and just before he and Finch were about to switch over the sys. the last frame of the show Nathan wrote the contingency program. Reese is (physical) part of the sys limited to only saving POI. How would the sys react to admin glitch; What did Nathan write as a contingency plan does Finch now think that this is the end of the machine as he know it?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure I fully get what you all are talking about, but can I just say how much I love this show! I don't know who knows about the machine and I just don't care because I just smile at all the wit and humor in this show. I'm so glad Reese kept the dog. Bear! And it was fun to see Miles from Lost.

I thought Finch's partner put in a backdoor of some sort, or told Finch to, but Finch said "no", but I got the impression he did anyways. That's what I recall and I claim no accuracy in my memory. LOL. And yes, I think the machine views Reese as the contingency, he's the backup now that Finch is gone.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Brenda1966, I agree with everything you said!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I can never remember all the details of these shows, so I just enjoy the episodes and realize I'll never figure everything out. Just like LOST. It never made total sense to me, but I loved the ride!

The dog is cute, but every time there's an animal in a movie or TV show, I spend the whole time stressing that something's going to happen to it! Hope nothing happens to Bear.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I was glad Reese rescued Finch and I hope the dog will protect Finch even if the dog does eat his first editions.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 4:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOL... love me some Bear. I have a feeling that Bear will be the one to take out Root.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Lexie_girl, that would work for me. Love the dog.

Glenn

07-05-2003

Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenn a private message Print Post    
Misdirection seems to be the guiding principle that the writers of this show use. How much should you take at face value?

How many people (myself included) thought the dark haired young girl at the keyboard of a computer was the young version of Root?

We have been kind of directed to think that Root found out about Harold when he tried hacking into her computer and that ended up being a trap to allow Root inside his computer. I have been hesitant to accept this as being Root's first knowledge of Harold and the machine.

Since we now know Root had developed a personal/intimate relationship with someone who had knowledge of the machine besides Harold, it begs the question of when and how she really found out about the machine.

Old people stick together and young people stick together. Root is from a different generation than all the other characters in this show, well, except for one other character. Nathan's son is from Root's generation and something he found in his dad's apartment when he was cleaning it out made him decide to stay. It also made him start questioning Harold. Young Ingram has inherited enough money to bankroll Root in her quest.

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Glenn you are refreshing. All those thoughts crossed my mind; never mentioned them for fear. Anyway, i am one who thought the dark haired girl was a young Root. I will watch Root Cause again

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It was logical that we would assume the young dark haired girl was root as root also has dark hair. I thought it was quite clever to make root be her best friend. Also, made more sense to have the abducted girl actually killed, not escaped and living on her own as a child/teen. *That* would have been a stretch for me.

Now, how root found the computer, that's still a mystery to me and I find the thought tat Nathan's son might be involved intriguing. I think we'll see Nathan's son again for sure.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, October 08, 2012 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Glenn, is that in your post the same bone I have been chewing on since last year?

Glenn

07-05-2003

Monday, October 08, 2012 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenn a private message Print Post    
Maybe so, it had dental impressions.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
You all are missing that Bear is the 8th one to know about the machine. I don't know how to do the spoiler box.