TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 28, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 28, 2012 users admin

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
No there must be a lot of us. LOL I have even called my friends to remind them about tonight.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Don't forget - Talking Dead also returns tonight...and that's one you have to catch during one of its airings on Sunday night because it doesn't repeat during the week.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wanted to watch the last season again before I watched this, but because we have visitors I'm only up to episode four :/. But I don't think I can resist watching tonight so I will have to go back to the last season afterwards.

Just an hour to wait... and two hours to see the adam's apple!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Heh, I've been watching since yesterday. I never saw season one, so all of that yesterday, and went to sleep last night before last season started. Which started rerunning just about the time I was ready to start watching today.

I'm pathetic...LOL

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You think you're pathetic, I am all kerfuffled that I can no longer do a proper timeline!!

I presume Lori is ready to pop and somewhere between eight and nine months pregnant. She was probably somewhere between one and two months pregnant when we left, so we've probably gone forward about seven months... that would make it about eight months from when Rick woke up. The only time stamps they gave us were Lori's belly and mentioning "through the winter" a couple of times. That was one long winter ;).

Great episode!! So it seems like they have spent the winter working as a team moving between houses looking for supplies and living(?) there if safe. Carl is all grown up! And Rick.... no longer hesitates! Wow.

So I have to start a new timeline for S3:

S3.Day 1
S3E1 They find the prison and clear part of the compound outside and get some sleep.

S3.Day 2
Kill their way into Prison Block C and set up for the night.

S3.Day 3
Next morning they try to go further into the prison. Hershell is bitten and Rick cuts off his lower leg to stop the infection spreading. Some living prisoners watch them. Meanwhile Michonne looks after a sick Andrea.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Awesome S3 premiere.

Michonne is very cool. A true badass.

Can't wait to meet the new live humans, hopefully next episode.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Kitt, and I watched both showings of last night's premiere. Apparently once was not enough! :-)

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Not sure if I missed something- but did they say who the 2 zombies were or why Michonne is carrying them around ?

And did something happen to Andrea to make her sick?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Don't know if this is a spoiler about Michonne's pet zombies or not, but this is what the comics say:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Zombies are attracted to (alive) human smell, so taking zombies with you wherever you go helps to disguise the smell and stop you being noticed. She cut off their arms and lower jaw so they couldn't attack her and bite her. In the comic book I think they were actually two friends of hers.

They didn't say what made Andrea sick.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, makes sense....

But at the same time she was still fighting off zombies- LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So do you guys thing we are going to have a baby zombie?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No. I think the baby will be fine. :-)

But I never thought Herschel would get bitten either! LOL

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
I hope cutting off Herschel's leg works. They need a doctor. (I think he's a vet.)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Willsfan, you are correct. He is a veterinarian.

I just liked the new Herschel. Much more attractive. But that partly has to do with my age, LOL.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
woo hoo, hope it stays this exciting.

the season on the farm was too soap opera like.

Everyone seems to be on edge now. it is more realistic

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
gotta leave brain at door tho. Hershel is going to die without that leg being cauterized

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Who says they won't cauterize it? What's his name cut off his own hand in season one, and he cauterized it himself and is still around.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 4:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I am so glad to have this show back!! I'll join the Walking Dead geek club, too. I had just finished watching my own marathon the weekend before, but I still watched it all over again this weekend on AMC. I just can't seem to get enough!! I wish it was on 52 weeks a year.

My reactions were:
Poor Rick...
Poor Lori...
Poor Andrea...
POOR HERSHEL...

I was so glad to see the group working as a cohesive unit now, and I liked the change in Maggie especially. It was so smart of them to have figured out silencers for their guns since we last saw them!

I'm not sure which I found more scary...the zombie prisoners roaming in the dark halls or the live prisoners we saw at the end!!

The group knows about cauterizing. It's already come up twice before. (lol..that's how I learned what it meant) Not only when Merle cut off his hand, but also when Randall's leg was stuck on the fence and they were considering cutting it off to get him free. So, I'm sure they'll take care of it. I am so glad that Rick amputated instead of the alternative, because that gives me hope that we won't lose Hershel. I know it's unrealistic, but I really hope we don't lose any of these characters this season.

If the baby is alive it won't be a zombie, but Lori is worried that's she's lost it because she hasn't felt it move in a while. Goodness, that would be awful if it's already turned when she gives birth.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
When the two chained zombies were shown and they were walking away it came to my husband and I why she had them that way. When last season they were shown real quick we didn't quite catch what was going on. She whips that sword like a pro!

I noticed the time forward when Lori came into frame holding her belly up. I still wonder why they slam their car doors when they went to so much trouble getting silencers for the guns.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, October 21, 2012 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We got another mention of time, and the back story of the prisoners was interesting. They'd been locked in the cafeteria for 294 days (or 292 if you believe the other prisoner) which is about nine and three quarter months. One of the prisoners said something like there were some riots and the dead came back (without being bitten) and "started going cannibal" (lol) so the guard locked them in the cafeteria.

Sooooo that means the virus infected everyone (or enough people in the world that it had spread, airborne, to people in Georgia) very early in the process. If we assume Lori is nearly at nine months, let's say 39 weeks = 273 days, then the riot happened three weeks before the baby was conceived, and the infection was global some time before that. I.e. the baby was conceived when Lori already had the virus (not that it matters maybe, whether she had it before the baby was conceived or after).

(On Day 5 of Rick's revival Jenner said it had been "63 days since the disease abruptly went global" which would have been about eight weeks before Rick woke up, so I am guessing that the date the "disease abruptly went viral" was the point at which the virus that turns people zombie after they die of any cause was spread (or detected) around the world.)

I just wonder if there might be some way the baby will become immune to the virus (and start a race of zombie-virus resistant superhumans) because of growing in the womb in the presence of the virus.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 22, 2012 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Well this show is now turning into - 2 different stories now like lost was when they brought in the other survivors

You miss what's going on back at camp when they do an episode with the character who was left behind...

Sounds like we may not even find out who was watching ( don't know her name) the woman who was practicing her surgical skills on the dead zombie - do you think it will be a new survivor watching her or will,she be attacked by a wandering zombie?

Next week is obviously about the girl left behind with her savior with the zombie pets

Preview shows they meet up with MERLE (sp)

Now what will happen when he meets up with daryle and the gang? Hmmm

Wow, I need to learn these characters names.... :-)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, October 22, 2012 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they'll all be coming together soon, they just have to show us how. I also hope they integrate those two remaining prisoners, they seem ok (as did the one Rick shut outside ).

Carol had to be watched by a human, the walkers don't stalk like that, they'd just charge/lurch in.

I don't know how they're going to get everything sterile if they're anticipating a caesarean. A natural birth is one thing, but cutting someone open in a place like that? Scary.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Was watching "The Mist" and noticed that Carol, Dale, and Andrea are in it. Never noticed it before. Then again I haven't seen that movie in a while. Just thought it was interesting.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Frank Darabont was the director on that, and is the developer of Walking Dead. It's nice that he remembers his people!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Creeeeepy! Anyone watched yet?