TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 23, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 23, 2012 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 08, 2012 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, Kalinda and her husband seem more exciting than Alicia and her husband. Although Alicia is getting closer to her husband watching them it's more like sister and brother, she's just happy to sit back and smile...
Will back in court was nice to see but it's more because Alicia was at his side and Kalinda figuring out the all important clues and saves the day.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
And now there's something gooder about The Good Wife -- Maura Tierney. Abby and Carol together again.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I knew Alicia wasn't looking at Peter like a brother.

Kalinda and her husband certainly have a strange relationship. lol

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I'm just not understanding the point of Kalinda's storyline. It's not relevant to any part of the rest of the show.

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
I was thinking the same thing last night Gurliegirl. I thought Kalinda should tell him she's a lesbian - let's get a divorce.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
It doesn't make any sense to me either.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
she's not a lesbian. She's bi-sexual. She has gone after the men just as much as the women. Look at her and Carey.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yes, she is bi-sexual and her husband is not happy, at least about her being with a woman. One of them is going to kill the other one.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Well I hope it happens soon and ends the storyline.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Gurliegirl, I'm with you, enough of that story line!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
If I am understanding (50/50 shot of that LOL): Kalinda's and her husband had a very abusive relationship. He was sent to prison and she got a new life, new strength, she spent years running and hiding from him but has now decided she is going to stand her ground and end this one way or another. Her husband won't leave because (in addition to being abusive and possessive) he believes Kalinda took a lot of cash from him when he went to prison and she first disapeared. I haven't heard Kalinda deny it but she isn't planning on handing it over either. Kalinda I think is waiting for him to cross the line so she can kill him and claim self-defence. That's why she keeps pushing his buttons, I think she is hoping he will lash out. So far her husband keeps control over himself because if he knows if he kills her he will never get his money and he probably knows that Kalinda will end what he starts.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I just realized that sounded like an answer when I meant it as a question. :-) Do I have this right?

I agree that I will be glad when they resolve this storyline, too dark and twisted for my liking.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Her federal agent girlfriend should make her husband think twice before doing anything stupid again to Kalinda. However, this relationship into this season's story leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't like these two square off with knives and he's not even that attractive to make a love-hate relationship believable, he's just... eek and she is just too smart to be messed up in that situation. I hope it will end soon.
As for Alicia and her husband good for her to laugh it off and kiss her husband at the end, it just shows how silly the media gets sometimes, so what? She had a relationship when they were separated and he.. who knows? They should keep their 'open' marriage as long as they like it.. why not? But if in the end they still love each other... good for them.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
It sounds about right Rissa, but I don't understand what it has to do with the price of tea in China. It doesn't fit with the theme of the show. I feel it's the writer's attempt at getting her more screen time, but I'd rather see her getting that screen time by being the investigator that she was hired to be. Don't you think? Her Investigator job is so much more interesting than this crazy detour. I totally agree with you that it's too dark and twisty.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think Kalinda will kill her husband and it will be Alicia's job to get her off.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I think so too, but I just hope it doesn't take all season to do it.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Kalinda is too smart to get her ex-husband's blood in her hands but if the writers are dumb enough to write up a killing and Kalinda is involved I sure hope it would be proved self-defence and I don't mind Alicia defending her. But what a waste, the writers should continue to use Kalinda's skills as investigator since to me it's a much more interesting plot line than her crazy relationship with her ex-husband.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I do not like this Kalinda/hubby arc at all. I'll be glad when it's over.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Kalinda is smart enough to frame him for something and get him back in jail. However they do it, the writers have to get rid of this horrible plot line.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Interesting..I haven't seen anyone yet who thinks it's a good storyline. I wonder if the writers are aware of this.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking by her telling him that her girlfriend was a federal agent, she will somehow set it up that the girlfriend will walk in on them, think he is attacking Kalinda and will shoot him. That way Kalinda gets rid of him, but she isn't the one to kill him.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
another vote for the dislike of the Kalinda/Husband story line

maybe she would turn to Peter and Alicia to get her out of murder charges. I like the murdering husband storyline. cant stand him

I love this show

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 3:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Gurlie, I am sure they are NOW because if we all feel this way, their own feedback groups must be telling them likewise. But, by the time we watch this week's episode and respond to it they have already taped many future ones and are locked into the storyline. Question will be... are they responsive enough to change tack and get out of it quicker than perhaps previously planned?

LOL I am starting to feel sorry for all the hostility towards the husband though.. he is one of my favoured English actors (Marc Warren), was awesome in Hustle.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I googled Kalinda Sharma yesterday and clicked on a couple links to entertainment sites with articles or blogs about the storyline. In reading the comments of other readers, we are far from alone. I'd say 98% of the comments said exactly what we've been saying. So, like you said, hopefully they take note and end the storyline sooner than expected if it hasn't already been filmed.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
if they're so afraid of the article that is coming out in about an hour (at the end of the show) why can't they neutralize that threat by simply beating them to the punch, meaning go on the air, either internet or tv, and reveal someone had just made threats of false disclosure on the Governor to discredit him and make him lose the race, so that when that article comes out they'll try to know who's the source (don't they already know it's his opposition doing that??).
Well, the producers heard our negative comments about Kalinda's ex-husband and he was absent from this latest episode.