TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 18, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Nashvillle: Archive through October 18, 2012 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Did anyone see the Premiere lasst night? Those who did said Nashville came across as being a beautiful and interesting city. Parts were filmed in The Bluebird Cafe - notorious starting-off place for country writers - where I volunteer for a Senior Concert once a month!!

9:00 Central on ABC Wednesday nights

Missyb

07-28-2004

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I really liked the show . I enjoyed the music and the stories look like they will be entertaining . Night soap opera vibe.

The hour went fast and looking forward to the next episode.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I posted on another message board about Nashville - since I'm thinking of visiting Nashville in July - one lady responded and said they are filming and have hired a lot of locals! I think that's cool!

Wrennez

11-03-2009

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wrennez a private message Print Post    
I thought that last song they were singing at the Blue Bird was just beautiful. What a beautiful city we live in, loved all the shots of it. Its nice to be reminded of its beauty.

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
I loved it. Made me miss Nashville

Mictay

09-29-2006

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Oh I just posted in tv show about this show! I liked it!

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed it with the old school country versus the new pop country sound. Plus, it kinda has a "Dallas" (1980s version) vibe to it with the powerful manipulating father. Good characters with a variety of storylines, plus a good dose of Nashville's flavor. Thumbs up

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Sorry, Color! I didn't see the show so didn't know it wasn't reality as I knew it was filmed at a real place where I volunteer!

06-29-2002

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Moved thread to the TV show area. :-)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Go here for the music.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Friday, October 12, 2012 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I like the show, even though I've only seen the pilot. I'm a fan of the Civil Wars, who wrote the duet performed beautifully at the end.

Agree about the Dallas vibe. Nashville is totally out of my element, as I usually like sci-fi, but I really like it.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, October 12, 2012 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I liked this show and will try to keep watching. I'm trying to see if there is some resemblance to some of the country singers who lived for so long in Nashville.
So far the voices (I don't know if the actors are really singing the pieces we heard) are very very good, the young singer in the bar has a great voice, and will become a success, I'm sure, at least in the story of the show, don't know if she is really a singer.
The older singer has great presence and style, a bit disappointed in the guitar player who succombs so easily to the charms of the younger singer.
On the other hand I felt a bit sorry for the girl who seems so successful and yet suffers from the treatment of her addicted mother (made me think of what Lindsay Lohan is going through right now with her mother).
Anyway, it's a different type of tv show and I liked it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, October 12, 2012 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
In a recent interview, Connie Britton said everyone is actually singing in the show.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, October 12, 2012 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
that is great (that everyone is singing on the show)!

I love me some Tammy Taylor so I had to watch this to see what "Rayna" would be like.... Connie definitely has that draw in her characters. (and i am not talking about draw as in accent :-))

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Friday, October 12, 2012 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
i love that one of my favorite singers of all time J.D. Souther plays the disc jockey in this show! I hope we hear him sing!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, October 12, 2012 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Lordy, folks! Everybody in Nashville can sing! Even rinky dink little places have good music here!

Glad you all are enjoying the show, and MUST find a way to watch it myself - maybe on HULU?

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, October 12, 2012 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I have this DVR'd and am looking forward to watching it over my morning coffee tomorrow.
Landi, thanks for the heads up on J.D. Souther. I hope he sings too. He's also one of my all time favs along with the other California sound singers of the 70's. My fantasy husband, Jackson Browne just celebrated his 64th birthday on Tuesday.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I watched this at the library today, but it seemed to end very abruptly, so I wonder if I saw all of it - Did it end when young slutty gal was crawling all over Deacon?

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Tn, you missed a scene or two. Quite a bit happened after Juliette seduced Deacon.
We saw dissension between Rayna and her husband, between Rayna and her father, learned that Rayna and Deacon have a romantic history, and thatof Rayna's son may not be her husband's child.
It ended with her husband announcing he was running for Mayor of Nashville under the power of Rayna's father.
I wasn't paying 100% attention so need to watch it again, but really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next episode.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
TY - Snoopsmom!

The guy who plays Rayne's manager is David Alford whom I know well from his days as the TN Rep Theater's Artistic Director.

Supposedly the main characters are Reba and Taylor, although NOTHING I have ever heard about Taylor supports the sort of character than we are seeing. In truth she is more like the Deacon's niece character - a better songwriter than singer -

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed Nashville once again last night. I love the music played at tiny clubs and the vibe of the whole thing. Glad this is on my TV every Wednesday night. Hope the ratings are good.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Music is available after each episode, but I'm waiting for CD(s) after the season.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Maybe I was just too tired but I wished I was watching it in my bedroom and already all tucked in because I kept falling asleep and the last song could have put me out cold had I been in bed. What a perfect way to fall asleep. The story moves along nicely though, but a bit too predictable for me and I kept watching hoping to hear that young girl working in the bar sing again, but nothing. Oh well, I'll try to watch next episode when I'm still wide awake.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Wow, I loved, loved, loved the duet between the waitress and the other guy who is not her boyfriend. Sorry, I don't know character names yet. What chemistry they had. And, I can't remember if this was the first show or the 2nd as I had them both DVR'd and watched them. I think I'm going to like this--wasn't real sure at first.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Smokey, that duet was from the first show. In the second, Waddie (?) offered them a professional demo CD. She said no because of her boyfriend. But in promos for next week, looks like she has changed her mind.