TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 24, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 24, 2012 users admin

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I've watched this show religiously since it's inception. I don't think Ben realizes yet that just about everyone but him is dead.

I think everyone here is pretty spot on with their observations, except I'm pretty sure Tate has always known that he is dead, and any notion that he still thought he was alive was a deception.

Jessica Lange has been brilliant and deserves any award that she gets.

The security guard played by Morris Chestnut...are we sure he's dead?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Eric Close actually isn't related to Glenn Close but that would have been interesting.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 2:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Mamie316, I'd heard he was Glenn Close's nephew a looooong time ago but I never looked it up until just now. I found this quote from Eric Close:

From Jan 21, 2004:

LIFESTYLE

A conversation with Eric Close

Celebrity Profile

<snip>

The New York-born actor and his wife, Kerri, have two daughters. And like the father of another actor named Close -- Glenn Close -- Eric's dad is also a physician. As a matter of fact, Glenn Close once reportedly said that doctoring is a family tradition. So the question must be asked: Is Eric Close kin to Glenn Close?

"I'm told that we are distantly related," he says. "And someday I'll find out how distant . . . or (chuckle) how close."

<snip>

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/news-story.asp?date=012104&ID=s1473888

-----------------

I also saw the question, "Is Eric Close the nephew of Glenn Close?" asked at a couple of sites online and the answer was "Not closely"

It could be misinformation online, but at least I'm not crazy and I didn't hallucinate it! LOL

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
I don't understand why Tate can leave the house but nobody else dead can (except for halloween). Anyone?

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I don't think tate has left the house except for halloween.

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
I don't think the security guard is dead. He was driving Hayden to the police station. I'd think the ghosts can't drive.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I would never say you were crazy! And really, we all could be related to everyone!

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
Bama_karen, I'm going to look at recaps. There was an episode where he met with the father for a counseling session outside the house. But maybe that was also halloween.

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
I just found it in a recap- it was on halloween, early in the episode. The scene was when they were at something like a fast food restaurant:

"Ben would tell troubled young Tate during a therapy session over coffee and cigarettes (Ben a smoker!) that he, too, had a troubled childhood. “I was kinda like you. I didn’t hold out much hope for myself. Not many other people did, either.” "

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Info about tonights show..

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45753350/ns/today-entertainment/

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
What on earth just happened!?!? I think my mouth was agape the whole hour.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Mine too! What a season finale. Anyone know when season 2 starts?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'd guess next September/October. They're really going to have to write a whole new show in many ways.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 3:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Missed it again! Guess I have to play catch up.

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
It'll start at least 3 years later!

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
For the record I did not like the finale hmph...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The disposal of Mr Man was so quick and early in the show I couldn't believe it was real, I thought it was someone's bad dream or, I don't know... that's when my mouth started hanging open.

And then how they got rid of the couple... I appreciate the sentiment - they wanted them to leave and never come back for their own good - but jeez, nightmares anyone?!? They could have done it in a less freaked-out-for-life kind of way!

The ending was good, if shocking, because otherwise I don't know what they'd have for next year. They're stuck in the house, they know how to stop people moving in, now what? I guess protecting people from Tate-spawn is the next season.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Ok I am MUCH happier with the finale since I just read this. More shows should do this and we'd never get bored with them!!!

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2011/12/late-game-american-horror-story-surprise/46575/

DO NOT READ if you have not watched the finale!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There's more here:

HUGE SEASON TWO SPOILER WARNING!

http://www.tvline.com/2011/12/american-horror-story-season-2-spoilers/

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Brilliant season 1!!

When can you really root for a show when they kill all of the main characters. But somehow I did and enjoyed the whole thing. Twisted, weird, and supernatural...just my type.

Can't wait for next season.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
So it looks like AHS is getting a second season reboot: It will be set in an insane asylum, with only Jessica Lange returning from the first season. I like the idea. So another American horror story. Good idea since they killed off almost everyone.

link

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Bring it on, I just want a second season...

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I loved this series....I just rewatched the whole season about a week ago!

Nyheat, according to the article at your link, Jessica Lange isn't the only returning cast member next season. Also returning are Zachary Quinto (Chad - one of the gay couple), Evan Peters (Tate), Sarah Paulson (Billie Dean Howard - Constance's "TV psychic" friend), and Lily Rabe (Nora, wife of the crazy doctor who built the house)!

Woohoo!

I read elsewhere in the past couple of weeks that the returning actors will play roles that are completely different than the characters they played in season one. I can't wait.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Oh duh I should've read the whole thing! I like the guy who played Tate and Lily Rabe a lot, so I'm happy. This show is seriously creepy and doesn't even try to be upbeat. It reminds me of Creepshow or Outer Limits. Breakin all the rules and I like it.

:-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Have you guys seen all 7 of the creepy short ads they made for this year? I almost jumped out of my chair on the 4th one....LOL They are way creepier than the ads for the first season.

They will play one after the other automatically at this youtube playlist link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de-Cd0aFHD8&list=PL0C631D39AA4DE2E6&feature=plcp