TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 14, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 14, 2012 users admin

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Must be a marathon today. Tomorrow @ 9:00 pm eastern Talking Dead with previews of coming season followed by the first episode in black & white.
Perfect day for it-gonna have a heat index of 110°F.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
What's the significance of showing it in black and white?? I'm watching it now, and there doesn't seem to be any extra footage/scenes...it's just the premiere with no color?? Maybe the extra stuff is later in the episode???

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"The original graphic novels on which the series is based were black and white, so presenting the pilot in the same visual style is a sop to fans who may have grown disenchanted by the show."

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Oh, okay. Whatever a sop is, don't matter to most fans, I guess.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lycan, I had to look it up, too. I figured it was only me that didn't know.

sop/säp/Noun: A thing given or done as a concession of no great value to appease someone whose main concerns or demands are not being met.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Monday, July 09, 2012 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Filming in b&w is so different than color. It's more about shading than just removing color. Just look at old movies.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 09, 2012 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I never saw the first episode, so it was interesting for me to watch. :-)

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, July 09, 2012 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the explanation/definition, Naja. I'm still loving the show, and don't really know anyone who has become "disenchanted" with it, but if they're making an effort to appease some fans, I say go for it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, July 09, 2012 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Okay, what was the deal with the flashlight stuck on the end of Rick's gun in the new season 3 poster that was in the background on The Talking Dead set?

flashlight gun

image from scifimafia.com

--------

On The Talking Dead, there was some joking about it being used as a silencer, but that wasn't the actual reason they used a flashlight as the barrel of Rick's gun, was it? (I just figured they were trying to make it look like some kind of extra fancy super-gun.)

I just found it amusing because it never occurred to me that the barrel of that gun was a backwards flashlight until they pointed it out.

The tricks movie makers have up their sleeves never cease to amaze and amuse me.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 09, 2012 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought they were being serious and they were saying that the gang had realised gun shots attracted zombies, so they had to make makeshift silencers out of flashlights. I presume it's padded with something, not just a tube.

Or it could be that the prop department thought they'd get away with it looking like a big gun until someone blew it up and made a poster out of it ;).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, July 09, 2012 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I believe it's a large Maglite flashlight. I have one and held it up to the screen in the same angle and it looks identical to the one in the poster.

I guess I'm prepared for the zompocalypse!

:-)

Callasin

06-21-2005

Monday, July 09, 2012 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Callasin a private message Print Post    
We just lost AMC on Dish. Could someone tell me how quickly the episodes appear on Amazon and Itunes? Also are there any other legal places to view the episodes other than Netflix?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 09, 2012 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I believe if you buy the season pass on itunes, it's available the next day.

There are no legal *free* websites that I am aware of.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Ok there is a lot here to read and what I am wondering about is when does season 3 begin??

Also what is up with dish network not having amc?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Season 3 starts in October.

Dish network dropped three stations, AMC was one, I *believe* it was because AMC wanted DISH to pay them more. But don't slap me if I'm wrong. :-)

Callasin

06-21-2005

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Callasin a private message Print Post    
Thank you Karuuna that's good to know about the season pass. I had hoped AMC might have a free page but I don't mind paying.

Dish dropped three stations owned by AMC because their contract ran out and AMC wanted tripple the fee to continue. I love my dish for KBS World and Eastenders so I won't go back to Directv for this one show.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, I guess DirecTV just lost all the Viacom stations this morning too. (Comedy Central, MTV, etc).

I imagine we'll continue seeing these disputes from one provider or another.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
New (really good) trailer from Comic-con!

And the start date was announced - October 14th on AMC and debuting internationally the next day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShQz68Zkb3Y

Vickie

07-16-2004

Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 3:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the start up date I did hear on npr how all the stations now want all this money. Crazy i couldn't justify paying to have dish network... after all these disputes whats it going to cost?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've just started rewatching Season 2 on dvd. The first four episodes really do go slowly, even a second time when you know what to expect. And it's funny that it feels like that when really a lot goes on. Anyway, season 3 starts in three weeks so I'm just copying my timeline from seasons 1 and 2, so it's an easier reference (for me ;)). As usual, it's just my opinion on the timeline, although I tried not to miss anything and I think it's correct. Can't wait for season 3!

Day 1
S1E1 Rick wakes up, meets Morgan and son. Morgan says "gas lines have been down for maybe a month."

Day 2
Get guns from Sheriff's office, Rick heads to Atlanta then gets swarmed by walkers and ends up in the tank. S1E2 Glenn and co. get Rick out, after the Merle affair on the roof they use the walker guts to get a truck back to the camp where the others are. S1E3 Rick unites with Shane, Lori and Carl, and Rick and Lori sleep together.

Day 3
S1E4 Go back to Atlanta to get Merle and the guns, but can't find Merle and run into the Vatos gang, whole Glenn kidnapping thing with the nursing home, but head back to camp before dark. Meanwhile walkers attack the camp and several are killed.

Day 4
S1E5 Amy "awakens" after being bitten and Andrea shoots her. Leave for CDC and dump the bitten Jim halfway. At the CDC Jenner tells his blog it's "Day 194 since Wildfire declared" and when the group reaches the CDC, Jenner lets them in. S1E6 Jenner takes blood tests and feeds them and they sleep.

Day 5
Jenner tells them about the virus, says reanimation happens in minutes to nine hours. Says it's 63 days since the disease abruptly went global." And they've been in the dark for about a month. CDC runs out of power, auto-destruct initiates, Jackie chooses to stay with Jenner but Dale makes Andrea leave. Jenner whispers something to Rick. They escape, building explodes.

Day 6 is off camera (break between seasons)

Day 7
S2E1 Ricks leaves message for Morgan saying "we lost another one the day before last, her choice," fixing the timeline. Leave Atlanta, run into the pile up of cars. The walker herd passes by and Sofia runs into the woods. Rick catches up to her but has to leave her to deflect the walkers' attention, then they can't find her. Have to give up the search for the night.

Day 8
More searching, they find the church. They split up and Carl sees the deer with Shane and Rick, then gets shot by Otis. S2E2 Otis takes them back to Hershel, Carl needs an operation so Otis and Shane go for supplies. S2E3 Too many walkers and Shane shoots Otis so he can escape. Carl has the operation, Shane shaves his head.

Day 9
S2E4 Carl is out of danger. Rick tells Hershel "this is day three" referring to how long Sofia has been lost, fixing the timeline again. The walker in the well. Glen and Maggie go to the pharmacy, Lori asks for the pregnancy test and takes it that night, and she's pregnant.

Day 10
S2E5 More searching. Daryl finds Sofia's doll and falls into pond, nearly gets eaten, gets shot by Andrea on way back. Glenn invites Maggie to barn and finds the walkers.

Day 11
S2E6 Carl is up and about. Glenn tells Dale Lori is pregnant and there are walkers in the barn. Dale talks to Hershel, Hershel says keep quiet. Lori asks Glenn to go back to pharmacy to get "morning after pills," Maggie is attacked. Shane and Andrea go on shooting fest at some houses, then have sex on way home. Lori spits out the morning after pills, Rick finds out, asks how long has she known, "days? weeks?" and she says "does it matter?" Lori tells Rick about Shane, he says he knew.

Day 12
S2E7 Barnageddon, S2E8 Sofia was buried, Lori crashed car, Rick & Co. met and shot strangers in town. S2E9 Shane rescues Lori, Rick & Co. find Randall with injured leg.

Day 13
Rick & Co, bring Randall back to the farm.

Days 14-19 off camera

Day 20
S2E10 Rick and Shane take Randall away from farm, get attacked by walkers, bring him back. Beth tries to kill herself.

Day 21
S2E11 They decide to execute Randall but don't. Carl frees swamp walker and swamp walker kills Dale.

Day 22
S2E12 Shane turns into a walker and Carl shoots him in the brain. S2E13 Walkers hear Carl's shot and herd overrun the farm, Rick sets the barn on fire, Jimmy and Patricia are killed trying to get away. Rest of the group escape.

Day 23
They meet on the highway except for Andrea who runs through the woods. Rick reveals "we're all infected, at the CDC Jenner told me whatever it is, we all carry it." Andrea is saved in the woods by a hooded woman with two chained armless walkers. The rest head East, stop for the night, Rick tells them it's not a democracy any more. Camera pulls out and reveals a prison complex nearby.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
By the way, I've read about a lot of Dish Network people calling them up and saying Walking Dead is about to start season three and will they be getting AMC back before then. They are often give a credit equal to the cost of downloading at least a good chunk of the episodes from itunes/amazon. Worth a try if anyone is missing the show.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Awesome recap Kitt!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 4:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I've been seeing some previews for TWD while watching Hell On Wheels, and I can barely wait for October 14!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Marathon today, premiere tomorrow!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Am I the only geek excited by this??