TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 29, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Big Bang Theory & Young Sheldon: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 29, 2012 users admin

Ruthhasit

11-02-2008

Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ruthhasit a private message Print Post    
is that really from google earth or taken from a CBS crane above a studio lot?

Ruthhasit

11-02-2008

Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ruthhasit a private message Print Post    
yes it is fake.

http://tinyurl.com/8nzmt3a

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Yeah, we immediately Google earthed the street address - the real address is actually in an intersection. But look carefully, first ever shot of Howard's mother!!!

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
First, thank you for the additional info re the Crow family for the bird (see above). I have still been trying to locate unsuccessfully some information on the actual "guest star" bird -- for example, who trained him and if he has appeared elsewhere. If anyone has any info it would be appreciated.

Concerning the google earth shot, I'm still confused. is it a fake or not? And is the information at the tiny URL correct or fake?

Thanks!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I am asking for season 5 on dvd from my brother for my birthday, so if no one's answered about the bird trainer by the time I get around to watching it I'll check the credits, Beth!

On the show they said that the Google Earth camera would be flying over their apartment building at the time of the wedding, so it would be on Google Earth.... but that was just a storyline, so if you look at the address they give for the apartment on the real Google Earth you don't see that picture. At the end of the episode however, the camera pulls up so that you see that picture, which is meant to be the fake Google Earth picture.

Thanks for posting it Urgrace, I missed it at the time and really wanted to see Howard's mum!

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Okay, I think I get it. So it's a shot "faked" by the production company itself, correct? And the info at the tinyurl is correct?

Thanks for keeping me in mind, Kitt, when you get your dvd! I am quite in love with that bird. I love birds in general anyway, and fell more in love with crows/ravens when I visited a raptor sanctuary recently and met a rescue raven who is the star of several youtubes, playing in the snow amongst other things.

I think it is interesting that Sheldon does turn to animals/pets for affection on occasion--remember his filling the apartment with cats in one episode when he had had an emotional upset (the specifics of the upset I can't remember, but I do remember the cats overflowing the apartment).

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Beth- Well, the specific bird used seems to be a mystery. Maybe it is a bit of a diva and shies away from publicity <wink>.

I have the episode on Amazon On Demand and nothing about the bird, or trainer, was listed in the credits. Not on IMDB either. So then I went on a Google search (lol-I'm laid up in bed killing time) and only found this quote from the producer...

Bill Prady (@BillPrady) tweeted that they had a choice of using a black-throated magpie jay, a pigeon, or a crow to use in the episode, explaining that they decided on the jay because "the crow was too big, the pigeon too dumb". He also tweeted that the reason Sheldon misidentifies it as a blue jay is that "Birds (because he hates them) are not one of Sheldon's areas of expertise."

Another blogger was disappointed by the inaccuracy...

http://www.norcalblogs.com/birds/2011/12/media-ornithology.html

I included his link as you may be interested in his other writings on birds.

Sorry, no luck... but it was a fun little search.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Thanks so much for the info, Rieann!!!

I also found this tidbit in my own search, from someone who blogged about the show who actually gets to watch it being shot onstage:

"...I’m always a little biased towards The Big Bang Theory episodes whose tapings I attend, perhaps because I’ve seen first-hand just how much work goes into making them. Last week, I went to Warner Bros. and watched the taping of “The Ornithophobia Diffusion”...
Sheldon faced one of his many, many phobias when a blue-jay decided to make its new home on the apartment’s windowsill. I was surprised at how much of these scenes they taped before the live audience. The bird had two trainers and was on a fishing wire leash, but that didn’t stop it from flying off of Jim Parsons’ arm and up into the rigging where it had to be retrieved by the lighting and sound guys. Expect to see a lot of the bird on the gag reel; it was beautiful, but perhaps overwhelmed by the lights, the cameras and the cheering crowd." (I wish I could put the quote in italics, but it always messes up when I try to.)

Here is the link where I got the quote:
http://www.tvequals.com/2011/11/10/the-big-bang-theory-the-ornithopobia-diffusion-review/

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Oh, that is interesting. I hope they do put a lot of it on the gag reel. I have season five on Amazon Instant Video, but I will still buy the DVD when it comes out next month. I like the extras and watching on my TV instead of laptop. Amazon LOVES me... paying for it twice-lol!

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I happened to see the Sheldon episode where he turns to cats as a love substitute in syndicated rerun today, just a week after the bird episode aired in primetime rerun. I remembered his "cat collecting" when he was upset, but had failed to remember the trigger for that: turns out it was when he and Amy terminated their friendship, and although he said it didn't bother him, he suddenly started adopting cats--maybe 24 or 25 of them. One was named "Zazzy", which was where the episode got it's name: "The Zazzy Substitution" airing originally on 10/07/2010.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
That episode had one of my favorite Leonard lines. Amy was driving the gang nuts. She and Sheldon were walking towards the the table in the cafeteria and Leonard deadpans, "here comes John and Yoko." Cracked me up.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
}Then Howard deadpans, 'More like Yoko and Yoko'.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
YEA! New show tonight!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I didn't think this was an especially good episode.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lol, Dog ~ I was thinking the same thing.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Two things:

Was the voice of Howard's mum different?

Is Amy (actress) pregnant in real life? They were using suspicious bag placement.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
She had a serious injury to her hand, perhaps they were covering that up. I don't know the time line of the injury versus the taping, but that could be what they were hiding.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Kitt, when she walked into the restaurant, she looked pregnant to me.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Friday, September 28, 2012 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
I really felt for Amy, when she not only realized that the date night (2 year anniversary) she'd been looking forward to with Sheldon was not going to happen the way she'd hoped -- and that it never will.

I know BBT is a comedy, but last night they really hit a sad point there.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, September 28, 2012 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I had the same thought. But I think the dress caved in when she sat so I took the idea out of my head. I'm always on the lookout for bag, coat, file folder placement.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, September 28, 2012 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I was/am so hoping for Sheldon to have his epiphany and realize he in love with Amy. It would mature his character and allow for more plot points then where he is now. I love the Sheldon Character but he needs to grow up otherwise the show will begin the slippery slope decent.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Friday, September 28, 2012 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Mayim is not pregnant (she looked stunning at the Emmy's). She wears a skin colored cover to her right hand splint for the show (but did black at the Emmys).

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
She went back to work the day after her accident, but I don't know if it was before or after the first episode of the season.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Mayim the other day. She states that the second episode was her first after the hand injury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaawwxC1J-s

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kona, if she clearly wasn't at the Emmy's I don't have to spend the next few episodes wondering!