TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 26, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Castle: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 26, 2012 users admin

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Wow, I thought something was off about them too. Especially Espo...did you notice he was dressed in a super dressy suit and tie. Not your standard issue detective suit. He was wearing a suit a guy would wear to a wedding. The tie looked hella expensive as did the whole ensemble. They never addressed it, but it looked completely out of place.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
You have read my mind. I think Esposito is in on whatever it is and Kevin tattled to save her in the same way Castle didn't want her pursuing it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have a slightly different take. I think it reflects the time they are going through in their lives...Kevin is married and in need of stability in his life and his job and Esposito is still reeling from his breakup with Laney so he's probably living on the edge (right along with Beckett). I would hate to think that any of "our" guys would be putting Beckett in danger.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I have a theory. This is just my theory, not anything I've read anywhere. Think Dallas.

As I said above, this episode was lit oddly. Most of it (starting after Castle talked to his Mom about 10 minutes in) was lit as if it had a yellow filter...kind of like a sunrise or sunset type lighting. And there were some weird things that happened, such as Esposito's suit during part of the episode.

I watched again tonight and paid closer attention. Not only was Esposito dressed uber nicely, but Ryan was too. And Castle was in black most of the ep.

So, my theory (only in GurlieGirl's head) is that this entire season was Kate in a coma and this episode was a turning point. Kate was to die or to live and making that decision in her head as to whether to come out of the coma or go into the light. You could take Castle's speech about how he loves her and has to let her go, take out her dialogue and hear him using those words to coax her back into the world of the living. When she was hanging on the ledge, she was either going to make it back up or she was going to let go. Her at the door, coming to him, was her waking up knowing she had to come back to make a life with Castle. She even says "I almost died, and all I could think about was you."

Discuss...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, good one, I like that best, LOL.

I did feel like the whole episode was "off" somehow.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is an interesting theory. I wonder if they would dare write off an entire season like that though?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
TV has a history of getting rid of bad seasons via dreams. They've even had entire series been dreams. The second Bob Newhart show was all a dream. St. Elsewhere.... dare I say lost?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - True enough but let's just say that more than a few viewers were dissatisfied with those plot turns (with maybe the exception of Newhart which was a comedy and just clever).

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
another thing I was wondering while watching the last episode, along with the suit & tie thing, was that they were spending so much of their time investigating this story and I wondered why no one in their dept. felt that they weren't doing their regular jobs. I don't really like this story line and can't always follow what her mom was involved in
so I feel they are using their time irresponsibly. By the time we get the new season Castle and Becket will have broken up anyway.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I like that if it's a coma dream, then possibly that new captain doesn't even exist. I'm absolutely not a fan of her.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
If this is Beckett's coma, then what happens to Castle's daughter and her issues w/ getting into college, etc?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That Newhart finale was the best ever! So unexpected and funny. There was no Internet then to leak any kind of spoilers, so it just took everyone by surprise. So clever!!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Don't forget the entire season of Dallas that was a dream...lol!

I actually have liked this season of Castle and hope it isn't a dream.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom...I so agree...That Newhart finale was the cleverest!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The Dallas dream plot was the dumbest ever and a total betrayal of the fans. So everything that happened that whole season was a dream? Stupid!

I don't believe for a minute they're going to pull this on Castle. It was be totally lazy writing, and this show is way smarter than that.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Coming to syndication on TNT starting September 26th.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Marathon next Wednesday at noon on TNT.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Castle comes back Monday night, up against Revolution & Hawaii Five-0; did ABC put up this show online? Cause hubby doesn't watch this and I won't be able to put it on the DVR.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
My scheduling shows that the premier for this new season is tomorrow night! Can't wait.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
kona, all of the previous Castle's have been on ABC.com. I couldn't have been able to watch them otherwise. My husband watches the news at 10, so can only record one show at that time, and Mondays are now reserved for Revolution. Hawaii Five-O is delegated to On-Demand.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
ABC is usually very good about putting their shows online the next day.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nobody watched the season premier last night? Kate & Castle are finally together! And I hope the whole mother's murder thing & everybody out to get Kate thing is over. I'm tired of it. I just want them to solve cases & be funny and cute together. That's what makes this show so much fun: the chemistry among all the characters.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Wasn't it hilarious when Richard made Kate hide when his Mother came in the apartment?

Whew, Kate was awesome this episode. She surmounted the anger and grief that she has carried around all these years to do what is best for her and the people around her. I also really liked the Captain Sir this episode. She also chose to do the right thing, even though it goes against her nature.

Do Kate and Castle really thiunk that the other guys don't (or won't) know about them? They have probably had bets for years on how long it would take to get the two of them together!

Castle's daughter finally did something less than perfect...had to happen sooner or later...LOL! Glad she had the hangover to match her actions.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I agree Babyjaxmom! I hope the "Mother Murder Thing" is finally over...too dark and convoluted and Kate was always a total mess.

Yes ROXIP - I liked how the daughter was "less than perfect" too.

I loved Kate and Castle together...I didn't know if I would - but I do.

YES, solve cases with this great cast of characters!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that they should get back to what makes this show great. Good, clever, funny characters interacting with each other and solving interesting crimes.