TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 27, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 27, 2012 users admin

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Good actress though.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"But they'd be in worse trouble if they let a patient who complained about stroke symptoms leave without testing further if it didn't turn out to be a stroke."

I totally agree. My point was that there are two ways she could've "faked it".

(1) She could "borrow" a bed and get a nurse or two to pretend like she's been admitted (with no actual doctors involved)

or

(2) She could pretend to have a mini stroke after reading up on the symptoms and say what she thinks the doctors need to hear in order to confirm a mini stroke and just hope the doctors can't prove she's lying.

If she was faking the stroke, I think it was (2).

Then again, she may not be faking at all. The old coot is certainly both a master manipulator and an opportunist so if she actually had a mini stroke I could easily see her playing it up to be a lot worse than it was and even being happy for the opportunity to use that new health issue as a wedge to squeeze out her daughter-in-law.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I know from experience with my now 88 year old mother, if you take someone to the hospital and even whisper the word "stroke," you will have a team of people attending to the patient within seconds. If there is even a possibility of a stroke, time is of the essence in treatment, so they will really hop to it. No waiting in the waiting room. You will be immediately rushed back to a room and run through all the tests. Been there a couple of times.

Jackie is definitely a piece of work. Nasty, nasty woman. I was proud of Peter for finally standing up to her, especially as it was in favor of his wife and the mother of his children. Jackie just doesn't know her place.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Ooo, I just want to smack her. She sets my teeth on edge.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
You're right, Sanfranjoshfan she may actually had a stroke. How sad most of us think the worse of her. Old coot is right.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Did Alicia go back in for pizza or not?
Did Kalinda kill her husband or not?
Will the firm go broke or not?

Mush

09-09-2002

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
So many cliffhangers!

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I loved the cliffhangers! Can't hardly wait for next season!!

At the end, I was saying, out loud, Alicia go back in for pizza, go back in. When, at the last moments, she gave a small smile and made that tiny bit of a turn towards the door, I thought she was going to go in. BUT, because I have watched one too many reality shows and have learned the results are usually the opposite to what is being shown, I think she turns around and goes to her car. Still, I have hope this family can be mended back together. (As long as Peter has truly changed his ways.)

If Kalinda kills her husband, I bet he's worth killing. Either way, I think we are going to learn a whole lot more about Kalinda's history and what makes her do what she does. Can't wait.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Baby depends on the hospital. I remember when my father had his stroke. I took him to NYU hospital, one of the best hospitals in NY.

Got him there, told them I believe he had a stroke, they said oh really, clearly skeptical, because he was smiling away. I told them, have a conversation.... They asked him who the president was and he answered....Brian Boru, a king who ruled Ireland in 900AD.

Interesting thing about Kalinda, I watched Bend it like Beckham last week for the first time in many years and believe it or not, there was our Kalinda, she played the sister of the main character. I had also forgotten that Jonathan Rhys Myers was in that movie too. Fun movie to watch again.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I read a very good book about Brian Boru a long time ago. Lion of Ireland, I think was the name. Hope your dad recovered.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 4:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
That was many years ago, he actually passed away this past November at 92.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I'm glad you had him around for a long time.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
YAY! Maura Tierney was on The View today. She said he is going to have a story arc in the coming season of The Good Wife.

More Maura, please. I still wish she had been able to do Parenthood.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
And Kristin Chenoweth is going to have a recurring role in the show.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
If they have her break into song I'm going to be ticked. The Good Wife is a drama, not a musical. I hate that they did it to Grey's Anatomy, they better not do it to GW too.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Kristin use to be on West Wing and she didn't sing.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Don't like the 666 number, so I will post nothing but I will get off that number. I know, it is silly.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Don't like the 666 number, so I will post nothing but I will get off that number. I know, it is silly.

???

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
666, mark of the beast in the bible.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just read that Nathan Lane has signed on also. Makes you wonder who's getting the axe.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Lazy...what are you talking about?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Maura (YAY), Kristin, Nathan, and some British actor I'd never heard of. What's up for this coming season??

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Lazy, I know what 666 stands for, but I don't understand what you were referring to when you said you wouldn't post because of it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think she might have been talking about the number of posts in this thread. Took me a minute, too!

I LOVE Nathan Lane! Can't wait!!!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, you're right. 666 was the number of the posts after I posted. I am sorry I said anything, just trying to have a little fun. I will try not to do that again. Sorry.