TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 04, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Doctor Who/Torchwood: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 04, 2012 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, there were two Romanas, Mary Tamm was the first one. One of the first Dr Who episodes I saw, possibly the very first, was the one with all the spiders and Jon Pertwee turning into Tom Baker. I was literally behind the settee on that one, I'm surprised my parents let me watch it. I mostly watched Tom and then Davison, I don't think I saw many from Colin Baker onwards. Until the new series started up.

The specials have mostly made me realise how little I remember, particularly from the Eccleston season, I never quite got on with him.

Rissa, how exciting for your daughter!! I would love to go to Comic-con!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Whooppee - Dr Who starts Sept 1 on Space!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
New this week, Pond Life, the official prequel to the new season. Five part miniseries or a couple of minute youtubes. Parts 1 and 2 are up, the rest to follow this week. I can view them in the US so hopefully they'll be ok in Canada too.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMdBsc5pQ1k&feature=plcp

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQZc9DzneUI&feature=plcp

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Beat me to it Kitt. LOL The first is my favourite so far.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Remind me to NEVER step away from TVCH for a couple of days. I almost missed Dr. Who starting tomorrow!!! I'm so excited I can't stand it. I have been so immersed in BB world with US, CBB,and AU, I am so excited to watch something non-BB.

Kitt- I'm struggling with your not getting on with my love Christopher. . LOL

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lol, I think it was just that he was such a shock to the system over the old Dr Whos. By the time I got used to him he was gone. I should really watch the new seasons again from the beginning, there were so many good clips in the specials, and after falling in love with Torchwood I'd like to rewatch the ones with Captain Jack.

I was and still am totally in love with David Tennant if that helps ;).

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Can't take issue with David Tennant under any circumstances, Kitt!!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, August 31, 2012 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I was very fond of Ecclestone's Doctor. Not in love love but very fond.

Ooh, I just flipped on the tv & DW is on. And the specials I missed are on after this though I'm not sure about staying up to 2am to watch.

Anyway, I was just checking messages & thought I'd read back a bit in this thread to jog my memory. I went backwards & got all the way to a post from one year ago, Sept. 1, 2011. And it just made me wince & say "wha-?!" Instead of refreshing my memory, I've just confused myself anew. The really pathetic thing is that it was one of my own posts.

Just please don't kill Rory. Again.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Saturday, September 01, 2012 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Good season opener!! Dalek Paliament...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, September 01, 2012 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Did it remind anyone else of the Klingon High Council(?) where Kirk and McCoy(?) were tried?

I enjoyed it too, and interesting repercussions for the future, with the daleks not knowing who The Doctor is.

Some friends of mine were disappointed, not entirely sure why, but I hope that's not the general feeling.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Saturday, September 01, 2012 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Can't say about the Klingon stuff but it did have a Sixth Sense-y vibe in how the victim's consciousness created a sort of artificial reality for herself as a way to hold onto her past life. (Though I don't mean say this episode actually reminded me of that movie.)

You knew there probably wasn't going to be a happy ending when the Doctor said "I'm so sorry" (shades of the Tenth Doctor). I quite liked her & wonder if there was any way she could have escaped before the Daleks blew everything to smithereens? Didn't look like it though so guess this was another sacrifice to save the Doctor.

Dalek voices really hurt my ears. And btw, someone reminding himself that he died must be one of the creepier things one could overhear.

Good but sad episode. And now there's another way people may not be themselves. When the Doctor said that woman didn't realize she was a trap, I thought, "oh great is she a ganger or one of those robot people?" But no, it was a Dalek puppet. Yeesh.

Daleks not remembering the Doctor is something (it seems DW sometimes repeats themes such as Donna's memories being wiped, Amy not remembering all that stuff...And in several cases the monsters turn out to humans ourselves, some bad, some tragic).

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I am going to lose my mind!! Please help. Is the actress who was in this episode not Jenna-Louise Coleman??? Or does she just look freakishly similar? If it IS her then I am so confused. Never mind, I just looked it up and IT IS COLEMAN! What the heck-a-doodles is going on? Are we supposed to forget about this story by the time Christmas rolls around? Or will this tie in somehow? Either way, I really like her, she will make a smashing companion.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Hmm, found another article: Name of new companion is... that perhaps gives me an answer (gotta say though that I was really psyched about the Clara Tyler name rumour and those implications).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Maybe she was just a guest actress on that episode and they liked her so much they wrote her in as the companion?

There are so many sneaky ways you an get a blown-into-smithereens character come back on Doctor Who I bet they will write a way round it somehow.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I was sorta thinking that too Kitt but then how do you explain the name?

Oh, never mind. I see what you're saying. Lol

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They can work out a way ;). Maybe on her last day as a companion she travels back in time to the dalek planet, for instance.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Kitt, the guest actress scenario happened with Martha, right? She guested and they liked her, so she became the companion later on.(although different character, same actress, yes?)

I think he'll find her in her past before she ends up in that asylum. Seems simple enough.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
We were thinking the Doctor would meet her at an earlier time and join up with her then. But, dang, I don't know how he'd be able to have her as a companion, getting close to and caring for her, knowing all along what will happen to her in the future.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, The first Freema Dr Who appearance was as a totally different character to Martha Jones.

Him going to get her before the accident would be the much more agreeable solution! Good thinking.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 5:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Martha was a bit different in that they (as has been posted) was a guest star and then down the road when they needed a new companion they thought of Freeman. In this case they had already picked Louisa as companion when they filmed this episode so we know the two characters will be connected. The fun will be trying to guess how. I am not convinced it will be the same person at an earlier time however since this character's name was Oswin Oswald and the Companion's name will be Clara Oswin. We should start a list of guesses. LOL I keep thinking how she commented a number of times about just HOW smart she is and thinking that the real Clara created this clone to go out into space instead of her.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I haven't read the rumor/spoiler links so I didn't know that actress is the new companion. But I take it the new companion will somehow be related to Oswin?

I'd have to think about it, whether there were any clues in this episode. I remember her mentioning her mother and that she joined the Alaska crew for adventure which reminded me of Kylie Minogue's guest character. Oh she did say, "Remember me" at the end, which at the time I took to be a sort of farewell but perhaps it had a coded message. Remember her because we'll be seeing her again.

Also the Doctor was amazed that she could hack Dalek technology (and that she had milk for her souffle'). Now, she was a Dalek so that could explain that but maybe there's more to that too. She was a genius & the Daleks wanted her talents so perhaps she was a new type of Dalek like that man in the Manhattan episode. The Daleks did tell the Doctor at the beginning of the show that they were evolving, so to speak, in response to the threat he posed to them. Not that that really answers the question, lol.

Lyn

08-07-2002

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
DS and I are thinking the new companion will come from the Christmas episode circa 1800s, whereas Oswina is a future relation who ultimately becomes a Dalek

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh that would be good!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Oh I forget, you guys confused me by suggesting the Doctor will meet up with Oswin sometime in the past. Wouldn't her future, Dalek self have recognized him then? (And that would shades of the Tenth Doctor & River Song.) Well, maybe not. There's ways around that.

Oh wait, there was something towards the end, when Oswin insisted they come for her before she'll turn off the force field. The way she seemed wistful when the Doctor said he would wait for her. And he asked her why he wouldn't. That could either just be the Doctor being the Doctor or maybe there was a touch of familiarity.

Wold this bee less confusing to me if I read the spoiler links you guys have posted? How spoiler-y are they?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't know she (the actress) was going to be the new companion either, but I did notice the playful way they spoke, as if she knew something.

It's almost a bit like it could be the River Song backwards timeline thing.

The only spoiler articles I've read about the new companion were about her name (it's now been officially released) and that she's introduced in the Christmas Episode (which now seems not quite right!). I think that's the extent of the spoiling but I wouldn't guarantee it enough to risk saying read any article you find!