TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 30, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Homeland: Archive through December 30, 2011 users admin

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, December 12, 2011 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Maris, the VP?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 12, 2011 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just watched my recording today.. I'm exhausted as well.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
so is the shooter actually trying to take out the "hero" before he detonates the suicide bomb jacket? or??

Such a well done show.

Claire Danes has long fascinated me.. My So-Called Life, of course, Brokedown Palace, Temple Grandin, this show..

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 12, 2011 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I must be confused about the rules for spoiler tags. I mean the show aired yesterday, and your question, Seamonkey, is asking for someone's speculation, so where is the spoiler? This is happening in many threads, and it's making it scary to post at all. I mean I understand if it's the same night of the show and maybe the west coast hasn't it and accidentally clicks, but the next day? I really don't find it enjoyable to post if I have to worry about spoiling the next day.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
As I understand, speculation is okay, but not inside spoiler info. And if a show has already aired, it's okay to talk about it. People who haven't watched it yet (like me when I don't watch till days later) should know to stay out of a show thread till they've seen the episode.

Clare Danes was really excellent this week, even though I'm not a fan of hers personally. DH and I think the insider has to be the VP. He was in all the meetings and how would he know to go ask Brody to run for office when that's what the terrorists said would be a signal to Brody? Or maybe he's a red herring and we're just supposed to think it's him, and it's really somebody else. This show reminds me of 24 with all the twists and turns, only much better! 24 was kind of hoaky and campy at times.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Yes my money is on the VP. It will also occur to someone that Brody set her downfall up for a reason.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Naja, she did that cuz she commented on the preview for next week. I dont think its required, she was just cautious.

at TWOP, they think may be Mandy P

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My husband has thought it was Mandy P for weeks now. I'm hoping he's wrong. I think the VP is too obvious. They're throwing him in our face and I just think he's probably a red herring. I don't trust the boss guy (Clare and Mandy's boss?). Don't know his name, but I just don't feel right about him for some reason. Especially since he's taken Clare--I mean, Carrie--off the case.

Also hoping Brody turns out to be good in the end. How could he be plotting to blow up his own family? I know he's brainwashed and all, but I just hope he turns around at the end.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
This show reminds me very much of a very old PBS series Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy -- There is going to be a movie released son on the same thing. WHo is the mole?.... Could be the boss guy -- makes sense, coming in after Brody as an excuse to tear down all the evidence from the wall

Mictay

09-29-2006

Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I don't want it to end tonight :-(

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me, neither! I wonder if they'll wrap this storyline up tonight and have all new characters next season? It's kind of like 24, only not quite so unbelievable. 24 was campy. Same stress level, though! What Jack Bauer do?

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Cant remember being this excited for a season ending show in a long time. Definitely should get an emmy. I wonder if they will have new characters as well. Mandy Patinkin is not one for long series, Clare Danes character will have problems getting back into the CIA. Have fun watching the show tonight

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just read my post above, "What Jack Bauer do?" I sound like Tarzan! I meant, of course, what would Jack Bauer do? Jack could die, come back and kick some butt, all in the same episode--without ever going to the hospital!

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, December 19, 2011 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Interesting finale, not quite what I expected. I felt disappointed but the same time I thought the ending was credible and what was a plus. Guess we will see everyone next season with the big question being how much will Carrie remember.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, December 19, 2011 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Now we are clear that he really is wking against USA. Poor Carrie, she was right and saved day by talking to Dana but she will never know

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 19, 2011 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Both DH and I were totally aggravated with the finale. He watched it a couple hours before I finally went to watch it downstairs on the DVR, and as I walked down the stairs, he warned me I would be pissed. I sure was. As a viewer, I wanted a little satisfaction that the bad guy was hurt in some way, and that the heroine got some redemption, but we got neither. We only got some hope it "may" happen next season. And since next season is about a year from now, it wasn't very satisfying.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-hogan/homeland-recap-season-1-finale_b_1157077.html?ref=tv

But if we want a new season, it cannot be all resolved this season..

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
am I the only one that had flashes of Wile E. Coyote when Brody hit the switch and...nothing...then hides in a bathroom stall to try and fix it, then goes back out and goes to flip the switch...and still no explosion...

serious moments for sure - but all I could think of was Wile E. Coyote and his ACME bombs that always failed...LOL

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
Nobody has mentioned the tape he made and is now in the hands of someone. They made it seem like Tom took it, but you know its going to surface at some point next year.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I see next season as Mandy P and Carrie working together secretly to get Brody. Carrie will remember and Mandy will believe her. What will be most interesting will be Brody's daughter.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I was hoping each season was a new threat, and not chasing the same person. In that case, then yes there would be something for next season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If it was Wile E Coyote, later when he got to another location it would suddenly explode. I think Mandy and Carrie and the other guy who brought her over..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I can't stop thinking about the vest and what happened to it? I kept thinking the wife would find it in the closet or one of the kids, "Dad? What's this thing?" Definitely a great show. Great acting, great writing. Clare Danes should get an Emmy. And the guy who plays Brodie (what is his name?).

ETA: Damian Lewis. And he's British! I never would have known!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Homeland and Claire Danes are nominated for golden globe awards.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, December 23, 2011 - 5:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
good news Rs

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the series although it was predictable. We just watched the whole series this week.