TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 23, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 23, 2012 users admin

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
I cant understand why they canceled a popular show like Eureka. Do you suppose it was salary disputes?

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Eureka's been a lot of fun. Maybe the production values were high? I liked both shows, sorry to see them go. I like the direction Syfy's taken and hope the continue to put out quality shows.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Eureka was profit - it was so expensive to produce that despite good viewership it still didn't make a profit. I'd have thought they would take the hit on that as a draws viewers to their network, but I guess not.

I watched about the first 10 Sanctuary on hulu not long ago, but couldn't get into it. Lots of good things but they didn't gel for me.

Syfy seem to have plans for a lot of true scifi shows, I found this list of possible shows that Syfy announced last month, but I don't know how likely they are to actually make it to a series. Lots of good ideas though:

http://io9.com/5905013/how-syfy-will-bring-science-fiction-back-to-television

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
They finished filming Eureka last last year. The story got a little confusing when they went forward/back in time (that's when konashark gave up).

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
that's when i gave up too konamouse! greekbread still watches though.

Jkm

07-10-2002

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jkm a private message Print Post    
Love Eureka

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
When Eureka did the time-travel thing I got really interested, because I love alt-Universe shows...Eureka was already alt-universe, but the time travel thing just made me smile even more.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
ohhhhh NO!! the new sci fi show continuum is starring that Horribly poor actress that ruined Criminal Minds for a season.

She also was stilted and unbelievable in CONAN remixx. almost ruined that movie too.

so who the heck is she sleeping with to keep getting parts?? she's pretty yes, but awful actress.

hope the show has a great plot premise and the other cast carries the acting

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I have to admit I've been watching a lot of Lost Girl...it's always on is the main reason. It's turned out to be a decent show. The sidekick girl is cute and witty.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
We love "Lost Girl". It's a Canadian series that started a couple years ago. Syfy will finish out season 2 this summer and start season 3 next year!

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
watched one episode of continuum. it is truly cringeworthy.

Anyone else have an opinion??

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 3:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Continuum... episode one didn't impress me too much. Episode two actually went backwards from that. Episode three wasn't too bad!! LOL Maybe my expectations were too low but it's actually growing on me, enough to give it a couple more weeks anyway. I like the premise.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I'd love to have an opinion on Continuum, but it doesn't air here. Maybe in a few years, SyFy will get it...

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Tonight we say good bye to Eureka. It will be sorely missed. :-(

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Lycan - I watched three eps of Continuum. I'm not sure what it was, maybe just not in the mood but I ended up deleting the ones I had not watched. I will however watch the series in its entirety at a later date. The premise was good. A couple of characters, the young guy in the present who is known to our time travelling cop in the future and one of the terrorists (he doesn't partake in any of the violence) stood out. Unfortunately in the eps I saw the main character wasn't very engaging imo. That being said, when you get it on US SyFy I'd say give it a go, I think I was in a bit too much of a delete happy mood as I wish now I had kept it to see where it went. Fortunately Showcase is very good at repeating a whole season on a Sunday afternoon.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching Continuum and enjoying how it's not just one storyline but usually one current main storyline, but then 2 side ones. Keeps my interest up and I of course I enjoy seeing places in the city I live.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Jasper, I will give it a shot when it's available here. Miz, your input just makes me want to watch it more, thanks...

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Lycanthrope....I'm sure there are places you could download Continuum if you didn't want to wait. (I found one site but it uses 'torrent files', not sure if you're ok with those?)

I like how we get one case solved in an episode but there are the other stories 'continuing' (hence name Continuum??) getting to know all the future characters and their involvement.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Warehouse 13 season premiere is on Monday night, for those who like the show. I'll be watching!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Thanks Ny! I went through and set up my season passes, but I can't remember if Warehouse 13 was showing up at the time, now I'll have to check.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I'd like to say farewell to Eureka. I loved that show, and am sorry that it is gone. At least they left it open for follow up movies if they choose to do them.

I liked how the showed Fargo's arguments for keeping Eureka on the show...they were the exact arguments that anyone would make for keeping the TV Show, Eureka, on the air. Nice little dig at SyFy management.

I went online and watched the pilot after I watched the finale, and it was very cool seeing the introduction again. The final scene in the finale harkened back to one of the original scenes in the pilot...but it wasn't exact, which is cool, given the alternate timeline story.

I can't believe it's been on for 7 years. The date on the pilot was 2005...that was a lifetime ago for me. Ah well, so long, Eureka, I'll see you in reruns...

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Anyone catch Continuum last night? I found it really fascinating with the 'brain' programming from the gaming company.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I miss Eureka too. It was great TV. Now the only thing left on Sci-fy is Warehouse 13... and the season 4 starts tonight.. wooo!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Um.. I just re-watched the ending of WH13 and I have a question.

What happened to the dog? Did it get blown up too?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Not sure where to put this, but Space has been showing Sinbad (third week) which I really like so far. And starting tonight is The Almighty Johnsons. I'm not sure if either has aired in the States.