TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 04, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul: Archive through September 04, 2012 users admin

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I did not realize there was going to be another season next summer. I had read somewhere or seen something that made me believe this was the final season. Thanks for clarifying. I can't even begin to imagine the kind of cliff-hanger they will leave us with this year.

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
I know! It is going to be brutal! I hate that they split the seasons. Just give me my 16 episodes in 16 weeks please! :-)

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Amen, Lotta!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Yet another delicious episode this past Sunday!

Favorite bits (paraphrased):

(At the dinner table, Walter, Skyler, Jesse):

Jesse: I love how you prepared the green beans Mrs. White. How did you get them to taste so good?
Skyler (in the coldest voice possible): I bought them from the deli counter at Albertson's.
Jesse: Oh.

Near the end of the episode, Saul Goodman talking to Mike in the DEA parking lot after meeting with Walter's brother-in-law, Hank Schrader:

Saul: Schrader's hard-on for you just reached Uncle Miltie proportions!

Classic!

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Jesse's face when Sklyar asked Walt if he had told Jesse about her affair. Drinking his water and looking at her. PRICELESS!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Loved that scene too Lottaluv. Just saw the actor that played Gus will be on a new series "Revolution "this Fall

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Lol Kitt. I feel the same. I just watched last night's episode. Next week is the final episode for 2012. This is going to be a tortuous cliffhanger I expect.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Wow what an episode !

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Why is Walt so hung up on the 9 guys that are in jail? Can they finger him? I'm not sure what the connection is that has him so uptight.

Dheiner

05-21-2011

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dheiner a private message Print Post    
They can finger Lila(?) who can finger Walter and Jesse.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Lotta my impression is that this is Walt's way of ensuring that he is not involved with this drug ring.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, September 02, 2012 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Absolutely delicious season finale. Hank finally has the evidence to bring WW down! Waiting a whole is such a drag, though. Drat!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I went back to watch the final scene over again.Refresh my memory as to the scene Hank was recalling as he sat in the loo ? I am off to the AMC website......

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Ok, went back to the AMC site and I now understand Hank finding stuff in Gale 's apartment with the initials WW.
Now I am trying to count the # of deaths related to just Jesse and / or Walter:

Gus
old man in nursing home
Child in the dessert
8 guys in prison ( 8 or 9 ?)
Mike
Men killed in Mexico last season ,# ?

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Thanks for posting. It was driving me nuts. I was thinking that the book was at Gales because I remember an inscription or something and that convo. Is it February yet??

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
After the final scene, they showed a couple of minutes of commercials, followed by a Breaking Bad promo. Just as the promo started, the announcer said, "Breaking Bad will return next summer".

So please don't hold your breath for February...it will make you turn blue and you'll still have to wait until summer.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
In the first episode this season they had Walt in some sort of diner having breakfast (might have been in/near Boston?). It was his 52nd birthday, he had breakfast, tipped a waitress who was nice to him, then walked into the car park, opened up the boot of a car, took out a gun and, I think, put a bag (money?) into the boot and walked away.

He had hair, a beard and no wedding ring. Given this episode, I think maybe the show ends with him on the run from Hank's investigation, having left his family, and is maybe starting up again on the East Coast.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Wowzer's! All because Hank had to take a dump.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, 'WOWZERS' was my final thought on the episode, too.

Next summer is a long, long, long time away, I'll probably have to rewatch all these episodes before the final season starts.

Marameko, let's not forget all the people who died in the plane crash, too. Also Walt's (indirect) doing.

Those 9 guys in prison were the ones who worked for Gus, and were kept quiet by the money being deposited by the lawyer into the safety deposit boxes. Once the money stops, they'll make a deal to turn evidence over to the DEA to get a lighter sentence.

I'm so curious to see how this all ends up.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I needed to see more Jesse in this finale-thought I got cheated.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
OMG Rosem how soon we forget.....
Next year I will have to also do a marathon as some facts I will just forget.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
http://tvline.com/2012/09/04/breaking-bad-season-5-midseason-finale-burning-questions/

Interview with Vince Gilligan... vaguely spoilerish in that it gets you wondering about certain avenues, not that it reveals anything.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The death toll... you have to click on that green/black chart

http://io9.com/5940352/a-chart-of-every-death-in-breaking-bad-that-can-be-tied-back-to-walter-white?

They give 247 deaths, total (not all caused by Walt of course).

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt