TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 24, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Doctor Who/Torchwood: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 24, 2012 users admin

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I liked Eccleston, but loved loved loved David Tennant. He was just so goofy and fun and odd. I like Matt Smith too, but for me, David Tennant will always be my favorite Doctor.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I was watching TV one day when I saw Doctor Who on the schedule. Nothng else on so watched it... was the one with Donna where they meet Agatha Christie and the giant wasp. Enjoyed it so caught a couple more then went on itunes and downloaded the full seasons and started watching from the beginning with Eccleston. I loved Eccleston and would have enjoyed another season or two with him but since I knew Tennant was in the pipeline it was an easy transition.

Gotta say though that my absolute, handsdown, favourite episode is the one that had virtually zero doctor in it at all.... BLINK. That's the episode I used to get my dd hooked on the show and she used to hook a bunch of her friends. LOL

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I thought when Eccleston left that I would never get over it but I fell for David Tennant, I absolutely loved him as the Doctor, he is my all time favourite as well. Matt Smith plays a different kind of Doctor. I like him but I don't love him. I look forward to the new season and new companion.

Lyn

08-07-2002

Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
David Tennant and Catherine Tate were a great match. Loved how she could out talk him and didn't fall for his charm lol

Christopher Eccleston was good but a little too serious. Matt Smith is...young. I like him but he seems young

Love Doctor Who!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This is the new companion... she's pretty!

http://tvline.com/2012/03/21/doctor-who-casts-companion-jenna-louise-coleman/

Reenie

06-24-2006

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
She is very pretty! Can't wait for the new season!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, July 09, 2012 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
So I have what might be a big spoiler, or at least potentially interesting. It has to do with the new companion. My daughter works with a woman who is a major Doctor Who fan and checks the websites constantly for any new information. Well, apparently a little while ago she checked IMBD.com and the new companion was listed with the character name of....
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Clara Tyler.... as in Rose Tyler??
A week later the site had been changed and now it just says Clara.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 09, 2012 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Curious!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, July 09, 2012 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I can't wait. I've really missed new Dr.Who episodes.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
End of August, right? Woohoo!!

I went and swiped my DD's latest Doctor Who magazine because I remember they had a really long article/interview with the new companion and rest of cast. This isn't really spoilerish since they don't ANSWER anything directly but just to be safe:
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
At this time, the character's identity is being kept under wraps("Who Jenna is playing, how the Doctor meets her, and even where he finds her are all part of one of the biggest mysteries the Time Lord ever encounters." Stephen (Moffat) said at the press call, adding: "Even by the Doctor's standards, this isn't your usual boy-meets-girl."

Later they ask Jenna if she knows her character's name and she answers with: 'A pause, and a huge smile, "Perhaps".

ETA: On the one hand I think this would be brilliant and I am really excited for the new season. On the other hand, it's not a good sign that Moffat is repeating what I see as his mistakes from the previous season.... namely his stories are not original so much as rehashing what has worked in the past. Like dragging the River Song storyline past its prime, repeating the weeping angels (oh and yes, the angels are back again this year) and beating us senseless with Amy/Rory drama. Hope I'm wrong but even if I am not... still my favourite show.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Dr Who stuff from Comic-con, obviously mildly spoilery!

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/comic-con-doctor-who-previews-western-dinosaur-episodes-to-adoring-hall-h/

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
http://www.spacecast.com/Doctor-Who.aspx

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I can't get the main picture or video to load (just get a white box), Jasper, what did it say?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
That's too bad. Probably you can only access it in Canada. It was a preview video of Dr Who for the fall season.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks anyway, I'll look out for it on other sites :-).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7YGoVyRSik&feature=youtube_gdata

That's a fall trailer from BBC America for the fall season, probably the same as Jasper's one, but viewable in the US.

Haven't watched it with sound yet, but the visuals look exciting!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
There is a special on Saturday Aug 4, 9pm on Space called The Science of Doctor Who.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Another couple of specials on this weekend (Aug 11/12)for Dr Who.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A Doctor Who movie?! For the 50th anniversary they are doing a movie of how Dr Who came to be.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/09/doctor-who-movie-film/

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
BBC America has a "Women of Doctor Who" special this weekend, Saturday at 6pm/9pm (the usual Dr Who time).

"The Science of Doctor Who" was last weekend, which I missed. It looks like it's repeating two hours after the Women episode (8pm/11pm).

I don't know if anyone has been watching Doctor Who long enough to remember Romana, an assistant from the 1970s. Mary Tamm, the actress who played her, died of cancer a couple of weeks ago, aged 62. Tragically now her husband of 34 years has died of a heart attack, just hours after leaving her funeral. Very sad news.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And next Saturday is "The Timey-Wimey of Doctor Who."

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Start date for the new season is September 8th. Allegedly.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And now they're saying September 1st.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kitt. I saw most of "The Timey-Wimey" show. I liked it better than those other recent clips shows BBCA has aired. I missed the "The Science of DW" special though.

I was glad this featured the "Father's Day" episode. I think that was one of the best showcases for Ecclestone's version of the Doctor. His grittiness made it more affecting to me. But I'm still disenchanted with where Amy & River's storylines went, despite how much this program tried to convince me of their brilliance, lol. And Sally Sparrow is still my favorite!

One thing about these specials is so often I'm wondering who the people are being interviewed - there's always some actresses whom I've never heard of telling me how awesome something was. And that's as insightful as it gets.

But I was pleasantly surprised to see Peter Davison in this show. And Toyah - that was a blast from the past for me though in quickly skimming her bio it seems she's had a long and successful career in the U.K.. Davison's appearance made me wonder if he might be on the show this season? He was the first Doctor I saw. I remember my mom saying, "Oh it's Tristan from All Creatures Great and Small!" while I just thought he looked kinda like Howard Jones minus the multi-colored mohawk. And I remember there was an episode called "The Five Doctors" that featured almost all the actors who'd played the Doctor up to the current one who was then Davison. I don't remember what happened on the show though.

And how sad for Tamm's loved ones. My condolences to them. I remember her name and that there were 2 Romanas (I think). I'm not sure if I ever saw any episodes with her though. I first saw DW ~1984 on one of our PBS stations. They were showing Davison's episodes, then skipped back to Jon Pertwee (I liked him), then Tom Baker (I didn't quite get the fuss over him), then Davison again, and then Colin Baker (who apparently wasn't popular but I rather liked him - I seem to like grumpy Doctors, lol, though he had a truly hideous costume), and then I only saw a little of Sylvester McCoy. I'm sure I must have missed some episodes with the other Doctors though. And I've never seen any episodes from the first two Doctors.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
My 20 yr old dd is downtown at the Comic-con (if that's the right name, I am clueless). Anyway she was able to get one of the passes for a photo with John Barrowman which starts about 6pm. Starting when she got there at 10 this morning she has walked into him 4 times now, the last being 5 minutes ago when she stopped walking to send me a text about how he is unbelievably more gorgeous in person and he smashed into her back while exiting the men's room. LOL She says one more time and she will be too embarrassed for the photo, he's going to think she's stalking him. LOL