TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 14, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul: Archive through August 14, 2012 users admin

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Ahh, gotcha Hummingbird, sorry, I misunderstood.

Congratulations to Breaking Bad, Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn and Giancarlo Esposito for their Emmy nominations.

That's a lot of nominations this year! Well deserved.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Aaron Paul fans might fund this amusing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctQ98UbSN-w

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Congratulations to Breaking Bad, Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn and Giancarlo Esposito for their Emmy nominations.

Well deserved is right, Rosem!!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
LOVE that clip Kitt! I was cracking up!

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
Was the dark-haired young woman in last night's episode Gus's wife?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't think so, I think she was a new character, one of Gus' trusted people, like Mike.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just saw this about her, Daydreamer:

We learn that Lydia is or was an associate of Gus Fring and that she can procure one of the essential ingredients for the meth cook. Is Lydia a meth cooker? Or simply supporting her daughter?

Lydia is an extremely highly strung, calculating, enterprising lady. Throughout her life, she’s learned to survive at all costs. She’s figured out tactics and skills along the way.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/breaking-bad-post-mortem-laura-fraser-352699

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was pre occupied last night so a lot of stuff went over my head. how did Walt's DEA brother in Law find out Mike was involved in all this. And how much does Sklar know? I read that the scene of her laying in bed and saying absolutely nothing will get her an Emmy. Her facial expressions said so much.Oh and who was that guy tasting all the sauces at the start of the show, and why did he kill himself? Yes I know I should just re watch the whole thing.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The guy tasting the sauces was someone in the higher up company that owns El Pollos Hermanos (like Kraft owns Nabisco and Planter's etc.). I presume he knew or most likely benefited from Gus's drug ring.

Skylar knows most things about Gus and the lab and most of Walt's part in it, but Walt has kept a lot of the most dodgy particulars to himself.

There was a list of 11 names with Gus' associates on them, and Mike was listed on that. I missed whether that was how the DEA got Mike's name though.

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
I think DEA got Mike's info from the bank account numbers on the picture that is in the evidence room. There was a bank account for Mike's granddaughter with 2M in it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
All much clearer thanks.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, that was it! Thanks Lottaluv.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Kitt, that youtube was HYSTERICAL.

OMG, he did look like he was on something - That boy has got a LOT of enthusiasm!

Oh, and thanks for the info on Lydia. I couldn't figure out who she was! Drove me nuts!

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Surely people are still watching this show...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, still watching!

I am finding Walt just downright horrible now though. My mixed feelings about him (trying to provide for his family, trying not to do harm) have completely gone. I wonder if at some point he's going to have a scan for his cancer and they find it's metastised (sp?) to his brain and that's what causing this completely heartless behaviour.

And I've never liked Skyler, so I can't even find much sympathy for her except to say I understand her wanting the kids out of the house.

I just wish Jesse would move away from it all and live happily ever after.

Oh, the birthday present watch from Jesse to Walt... anyone think it's more than a watch? It looked ominous sitting there ticking beside his bed!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Was Walt for or against killing Lydia?

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
I had the same thought about the watch. I missed the very beginning so didn't know if watching it tick had some significance.

I almost feel bad for Skylar. She is in way over her head and to wish that the cancer would come back. That completely shocked me.

I think he was for it (killing Lydia). Nothing is going to stop him. The man has become down right scary!!

Loremma

04-25-2004

Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loremma a private message Print Post    
I think Walt feels he is still providing for his family and doing a good thing. Of course he's killing people in the process but I think he's coming from a good place.

I think the meanest thing and most shocking ever on this show was Skylar waiting for the cancer to come back. What a horrible, awful thing to say. To want to protect your kids, yes. To want to be away from Walt, yes. But to wish him dead? So awful. Divorce him then. Or leave him. He still is the father of your children.

In the first episode they had that flash forward where Walt buys that guy from the guy at Denny's and he wasn't wearing his wedding ring so maybe they do get divorced.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
"All I can do is wait...for the cancer to come back"

Chills.

That is a stunning statement from Skylar, but the way Walt has been acting, I can't say I blame her. Walt seems oblivious to Skylar's pain in all of this, and I'm sure he will not allow her to take the kids, he made that clear.

She now knows what he's capable of, and she's too terrified to do anything that may set him off.

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Another great episode! The ending completely shocked me! So much for my theory that Todd might be an undercover cop...

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
When I see who Walt has become, I can't help think of the adage: Power corrupts, and complete power corrupts completely.

I have never been a huge fan of Skylar. But, when it was clear she was trying to protect the children from Walt, I was both cheering for her and feared for her. I honestly think that the Walt we now see would kill Skylar should he decide that best suits his needs. This Walt is not the family-man Mr. White we met in Season 1.

Also, I can't believe they killed a kid!! And then again, I can. (sigh)

Other than Walt's children, the only person I still care about is Jesse. I know he is no angel, but I don't think Jesse has been competely corrupted. Yet. I'm not sure how he is going to handle the death of this child. Walt has already shown he doesn't mind putting children in danger. Jesse has not.

I am curious as to how you all think this final season will end for Walt? Examples:
1. Do you think Walt will go to jail, and will it be his brother-in-law who sends him there?

2. Do you think Walt will know ahead of time that he has been found out and he flees the country?

3. Walt is killed? If so, by whom?

4. Some other ending?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
When we saw him in the diner when he is nor longer bald-I do not know if that was a flash forward to the end of this season (isnt there just 2 episodes left?) or if it was a flash forward to the end of next Summers season and its last.
On another note,I was re-watching Beverly Hills Cop,havent seen that movie in almost 30 yrs. One of the bad guys was a 30 yrs younger,Mike...with hair.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they will end it with Walt's cancer diagnosis being back, and (only because of the diner clip) he'll leave his family to finish whatever needs to be done without endangering them.

It's Jesse I'm really concerned about. He's just about the only likeable one other than WaltJr. I don't know how he'll resolve (can't think of the right word) in his head this thing with the dead boy, he's been particularly attached to young boys. I hope it doesn't destroy too much of his soul.

Three more episodes this (half) season then eight more episodes next summer.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 1:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Holy bleep!! I just watched Sunday's episode. I was freaking out about the train, and then after my heavy sigh of relief, what a shocker about the kid. My heart is still pounding!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
These are very bad men ! Now I get the opening/ending with the little boy.