TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 31, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Closer: Archive through July 31, 2012 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 09, 2012 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh dear, I was just watching the closer (the early days - the lady cop is still on the team) and Gabriel got chastised for beating up a suspect of kidnapping a little girl. Brenda said she was very upset about it and he could think that her letting that gangbanger get killed was comparable to his incident and she didn't get the same punishment. I hope that he isn't the mole but this could be a little more support for him being the one. Oh and he isn't in the picture of the major crimes crew, wouldn't they kick the mole off the squad, or would they just move him to a new division?

I hope you are right Pamy, but she went through menopause. Can you still get pregnant after that? I think she will retire and Fritz will get a big promotion and they will live happily ever after, LOL.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, July 09, 2012 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Dipo ~ I just saw that same episode this morning and thought how appropriate that it aired this week because it would explain why Gabriel was so upset about her letting that one guy be set up to be murdered at his home. And it also showed a very helpful Taylor while Pope wasn't so happy. To me it was a very telling episode even if it was from a few seasons back.

SanFranJosh ~ Thanks for the link to that photo! I'm so happy to see so many of my faves! I do believe that Taylor will be in the cast as well.

I love that TNT has had a count down clock going all day! I usually don't get quite this excited about a show but this one was so well written and acted that I have really enjoyed it.

THANK YOU, Kyra and cast!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, July 09, 2012 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Soooo serious ~ none of the usual humor. She kept referring to the "Johnson Rule" which I assume is the ruling from the various lawsuits that apparently were settled during the off-season?

I just kept thinking that either Brenda was going to end up in a straight jacket or that Pope was going to die of a heart attack.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Well, I will continue to discuss this show with me, myself and I.

So glad that there was some humor in tonight's episode. Just love it when Provinza and Flynn screw it all up! At the end, I especially loved ex-wife #1 telling Flynn that the group of exes consider him #5.

We're also starting to see more previews for Major Crimes coming up.

Only 4 more episodes left. Kyra S. was on a talk the other day and all she would confirm is that Brenda will be alive at the end.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 2:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
lol Kappy. I agree, Provenza and Flynn are a great team. too funny. Provenza's ex wife was also a hoot.

Brenda didnt have menopause, she had early onset of menopause and the doctor gave her prescriptions to delay it. She was in the early stages so I think she can still have children.

I can totally believe that Gabriel is a mole. through the various seasons you see signs of him being deceptive, to the good mostly but still he had no problems keeping things from Brenda. For example, remember when the detectives were made part of the anti terrorism task force. Brenda was never told but Gabriel was in the loop because it was his suggestion so taht they could finance the department.

Many times, Pope has told Gabriel things and told him not to tell Brenda. Gabriel has also been told to keep an eye on her. He is very ambitious and I can totally see him throwing her or anyone else under the bus to get ahead.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
GREAT episode last night. The humor was back!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes Maris, today the old show was a repeat of that menopause thing, and the doc said it had something to do with cysts/tumors on the ovaries and if they did ovary drilling it would probably stop the symptons. It was also when the doc told her to eliminate sweets, LMAO.

So, I am on track with Brenda leaving and having a baby, best ending ever.

And glad to hear the humor is back, I have the episode taped and haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
hated this ep. the acting of the jeweler was beyond horrible!!!!!!!

a few good parts with provenza and wife but otherwise, crappy storyline and acting

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
ed this ep. the acting of the jeweler was beyond horrible!!!!!!!

See, I thought it accomplished what is was meant to do....to make him look weak and slimey!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
No, I have to agree ~ after about 2 minutes, I wanted to tell the actor playing the jeweler to knock it off. It was really distracting.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I agree with Misspoufy, I think he played it the way he was suppose to, slimy.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I thought the appraiser was guy was hysterically funny.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yep kappy! distracting! i woulda paid to see the actor that plays her lawyer (who was on lost and dexter) ...now that is great acting, i loved the way he played her attny

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
OMG, Pamy ~ I forgot all about her lawyer! He was hysterical! Wonder if he'll make one more appearance before the end.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ROFLMAO, I just started watching my tape and I am dieing, LOL. Only Provenza and Flynn can get themselves into this stuff.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, July 30, 2012 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
OH MY!!! I so did NOT see that one coming!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, July 30, 2012 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I kind of did see it coming (per her mom's comment about her dad's health) but it was still a shock and brought me to tears.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 30, 2012 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh please give us the story, thanks.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Ugh. I missed the very last scene. I thought the show was over forgetting that cable shows often go to one minute before the next one starts. Please cans someone tell us what happened?

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Brenda comes home after solving the case and getting her man to confess, her daddy is in the kitchen all perky and bright, making breakfast. He said he let her momma sleep and would Brenda take her some coffee and tell her breakfast woul dbe ready in 10 minutes. Fritz comes in and starts helping Daddy, Brenda goes to wake up her momma, talking to her and when her momma doesn't respond she walks to the other side of the bed and her momma has died. Brenda screams for Fritz, he takes her out and the show ends with previews for next week.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
wow, momma has died, that a turn of events. I have been wondering how Fritz will move on to the new show without Brenda. Any ideas?

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the heartbreaking thing is that momma told brenda twice she needed to talk to her about something.....now brenda will always wonder what it was and if she could have done something. i bawled for five mins last night

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Glad they show this again on the weekend. I will have to watch the last scene.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
she should get an emmy for that scene! and momma's dead stare was chilling

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
another sad thing (and emmy worthy)was Pope telling her how he basically has babysat her for years and she may lose her job..the look on her face was so sad

i think hearing what pope said about her job and losing mama will be why she leaves force