TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 23, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 23, 2012 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lycanthrope, you do know that "Mermaids" is a fake documentary, right? I think the word is "Mocumentary". It was completely made up.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ok, I found an article about it.

'Mermaids: The Body Found'

By Whitney Matheson, USA TODAY

snipet:
Even though Animal Planet aired a disclaimer saying the special was a work of science fiction (and this should be pretty obvious anyway), some viewers took it a little too seriously. Glance at Animal Planet's message boards, and you may be disturbed to see just how many folks believed what they saw.

USA Today Link

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I heard radio stations talking about it as if it was fact, but after the last scene I had my doubts. Thanks for educating me, Naja.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I started watching it after the catfish show, too. I went into it thinking it was real, but then the first time the woman scientist started talking, I thought she sounded like an actor. She had a strange tone in her voice like a bad actor would have. So during the show I looked it up, and sure enough I found out it was all fake and they all were actors.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Sometimes I get worked up over stuff that seems fantastic...they fooled me (until the final scene, which looked really fake) but oh well, it is what it is. I can laugh at myself for what I felt/thought for a few hours. It was a well done mockumentary.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought the male scientist actor was the best. He's the one that had me thinking it was all real at first. But those 2 videos they kept showing every so often had my doubts raised, too. I definitely thought lots of aspects were perfect and believable.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just watched a new show on Discovery tonight called "Head Games". It's narrated by the guy who play Jim Halpert on The Office.

It's a study on human behavior, and the first ep was about "Conformity". One of the tests was to put an unknowing person into a waiting room at a car repair shop, and then everyone would stare at him. The reactions were so interesting.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the tip, that sounds very interesting.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Looks like the Spartacus thread has vanished so I'll put this here:

'Spartacus' to end revolutionary run next season

NEW YORK (AP) — Starz network says it is ending its highly successful "Spartacus" saga next season.

In an unusual move announced Monday, Starz will conclude this action-adventure series while it's still a big hit, and after logging only three seasons (or four, counting a "prequel" season). This season the series drew six million viewers, an enormous number for a paid subscription channel.

Creator-executive producer Steven S. DeKnight promises a "stunningly epic" final season.

<snip>

http://news.yahoo.com/spartacus-end-revolutionary-run-next-season-145141536.html

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads up on Head Games. That sounds interesting. I've just set up my DVR for it. Sunday repeats the first episode.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Since "Nurse Jackie" only has like 1 or 2 eps left, I won't start a thread, but I had to make a comment.

I can't believe I JUST noticed tonight the guy who plays Dr. Cruz is the same guy who played Will's boyfriend on Will and Grace! It's funny how he can go from so lovable to so douchey....LOL And, I am pretty sure he was also the guy who played Cam's clown friend on Modern Family.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Trivia - The kid with green hair is the real life son of Bobby Canavale (Cruz)!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, I found out all kinds of stuff today :-)

Whoami

08-02-2001

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Head Games was interesting. Oddly enough, a search by title in my Comcast directory comes up with no matches. I had to go to the Discovery Channel's listings, and search for it manually. I also had it set up to record the second episode last night, and it didn't. So I had to go in again manually and find it to tell it to record the second episode. We'll see if it does. For some reason, my DVR doesn't seem to like this one. LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am really looking forward to Perception on TNT (premiers Monday at 10pm)after The Closer. I think that it looks really interesting.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch Final Witness last night? That was a strange show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So is anybody here from the Kansas City area and has Time Warner cable tv? I have comcast but I've been seeing all the warnings scroll along the bottom of the screen that Time Warner is dropping our local CBS KCTV5 and KSMO stations on July 25 at midnight. I'll be curious if it actually happens, so I hope someone can report about it when the time comes.

I have a couple of my TVs set up where they can get OTA stations for when cable goes out, but it would really be aggravating to have to go to antenna just for CBS all the time. Comcast better not pull that garbage with us.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I'm out in the Pacific NW, Naja. Hope you don't lose your CBS stations!

Just wanted to note that I was happy Benedict Cumberbatch, of 'Sherlock', and 'A Scandal in Belgravia' (ep 1) were both nominated for Emmy's Yay!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh, don't worry, my CBS station with comcast is safe. I was just asking if anybody here has Time Warner in the KC area. That's who is dropping the local CBS station this week, unless there is some kind of last minute deal.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Just finished the first season of Doc Martin and MI-5. You would think that since I have been married to a Brit for 25 years that I wouldn't have a problem with the accent but MI-5 is killing me. I am thinking it's the spkr on my bedroom TV, makes it sound muffled and too much bass. Either that or I truly am hopeless. :-)Really enjoying both series though and had a small personal dance party moment when I saw that Stephanie Cole plays Martin's aunt. LOL

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching season 1-3 of Doc Martin. I always start off my Sunday morning with a cup of coffee and Martin. Season 4 (which I have seen but will watch again) starts this coming Saturday. I love Stephanie Cole as his auntie, she is also really good on Corrie where she is Roy's mom Sylvia.

Another series that I like with Martin Clunes is William and Mary. I watch that on PBS, I think there was only 2 seasons, insert sad face.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I loved William and Mary as well. Every time I hear "Why does it always rain on me" I remember the funeral scene for the teen.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
That was quite the powerful scene.

I just saw the episode with the rabbit that they thought the dog killed. Loved the ending.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
ETA: The great thing about these British shows is that the acting is so outstanding that I start following them around. So because of this show (Williamd Mary) I followed Julie Graham to 'Bonekickers'. Bonekickers (thanks to Hugh Bonneville) led to me making sure to catch 'Downton Abbey' but before that to 'Lost in Austen' which showcased Jemima Rooper and that brought me to her previous show 'Hex'. I could go on. LOL Even if the shows weren't stellar, the acting is always top notch. Example, 'Hotel Babylon' and Max Beesley who ruled in 'Survivors'.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yes it can go on and on. Did you ever see Waterloo Road? That was a good one as well. It is still on in the UK. Annoyingly I only got to see season 1,2 and part of 3 and then for some reason BBC Canada dropped it. I used to watch Emmerdale (which I love) as well, but it was dropped here and to my dismay you can't watch the UK stations on line and all the full episodes on youtube were taken down.