TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 19, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 19, 2012 users admin

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
shoot , hope she didnt catch something

HIV is most f the population there

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Sue's back at work. Yay!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Good, not hopefully she'll ditch Paul.

Even though it has been awhile, I still got choked up with the news on the show about Betty.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Yes it is still sad to see her picture on the bar, and hear the toasts and memories.
Its odd that they found out she inherited the bar but must have sold it to someone along the way. Now its all been dropped!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ahh we can always count on Terry to cause some crap on the Street. Such a stirrer. I feel bad for Tommy, he is going to be the big loser in this. I was torn between laughing my butt off and feeling bad for Sally once again falling off that high horse. Wonder what else Carla got.

Peter needs to get his head out of his butt. Can he not get it that Simon was better for having seen Leanne? Not seeing her is causing the problem. Hope she gets custody of him.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Terry is just so bad and at every return to the street, you are amazed that he manages to sink to new lows.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
He comes off as such a slimeball! Good acting from Nigel Piven.

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Last week was hard to sit through. Felt like the writers were winging it... ff through Sunita, Audrey and madness, the protest, Mary... Hope next week is better. :-(

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I just can't see how any woman would want to be with Peter. He's a hothead, who never considers how he affects others, and there is no reasoning with him.

He's a selfish womanizer, and every time he hits a rough patch, he crawls into a bottle, again.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
ITA Puzzled! For years I've watched women flocking to Peter like he was such a catch, and all I see is a mean spirited, selfish jerk!! Seriously, it should have been Peter that died in the tram crash and not Ashley.

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
I totally agree, the best thing on the Street will be if Leann gets custardy of Simon.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Trini are you eating dessert? you gave me a giggle with your typo.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 12:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
puzzled and cablejockey, i thought you were women.

let me splain it to ya. peter = good in bed.

there are many women who turn a blindeye to many shortcomings and bad behaviour IF the guy can really turn their cranks.

that my guess :0

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I agree Leann should get custody of Simon, Peter and Carla cannot take care of him. She should get some custard too if she wants.

As for Peter, I also never got the attraction, but I think Sun must be right.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I think a woman would have to be empty headed to overlook all Peter's negative traits, just for a couple of good orgasms! How does he even get them that far, he's not exactly good looking.....
On the other hand, Simon, who we havent seen much of lately, needs a better parent than his dad.
Eileen needs a good shake. Is she that desparate for a man in her life that she hooked up with a guy who wife is so ill? Now she may be suspected of murder!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Back in the day when he was a bigamist Peter was one of my favourite characters, I never thought too deeply of why Shelley or Simon's mom were with him. But the last couple of years the bloom has gone off the rose. I cannot see what Carla or Leanne sees in him (or saw). But neither have a good track record with men, and clearly they have the same taste in fellas. Personally I could never let his behaviour slide, and it would be a big turnoff. Can't treat me right outside the bedroom it certainly won't make me want to hit the sack with you.

Steve is also a favourite character but has no good attributes for a partner. Most of the women of Corrie lately have gotten wishy washy, Eileen at the top of the list. Such a disappointing storyline for her.

And yes custard all around! (I was only teasing) One of my favourite desserts at a pub in London was a chocolate sponge pudding drenched in warm custard. yum.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Finally finished, not last week but the week before. Terry is a real scumbag. Kirsty has lost the plot. I hope Tyrone sees the light. And Sally would you really want to be with a man who would give up his child for you?

The Sunita/Karl thing skeeves me out.

Kylie running off seems like a strange direction to go in. I much prefer the plain old storyline of Gail and Norris and the plants.

I think Anna should just take in a lodger. That could bring in some fresh characters.

I felt so bad for Julie. Hopefully she will be able to have kids, frankly her and Brian with a tearaway child would be a hoot. I have to say I love to see what Julie is wearing whenever she is on screen.

Don't peek if you don't want to know a couple of up and coming gossipy bits.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
saw a little tidbit that Ryan comes back, very changed in personality and a new actor. And Sunita and Karl will be caught

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Only half an hour in to Sundays ominbus. Is Tommy that much of a bonehead? He hasn't seen this man, well all his life and it is dad this and loyal to him? I really thought that the money Tommy gave him was a set up, that Terry would be meeting up with those guys and splitting the cash, I guess not if that call was any indication.

I felt so horrible for Brian and Julie, sad.

I thought that Kirsty was going to lose it with Ty and two of his old flames in the pub talking about how wonderful he is.

(yes I know it is just a show, lol you wouldn't think so considering how invested you get in it.)

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
LOL, Sunshyne, I are a woman, but no man on earth could be so great in the sack that I could overlook a personality like, ugh, Peter's. He's an angry, selfish, jerk.

Trini

07-06-2004

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Jasper :-) my typo lol so disappointed about street... Is it me or does everyone here a voice describing the show, it is distracting me, is that something new :-(.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Descriptive audio is available now the CBC for visually impaired people. You must have it turned on in your tv or pvr/cable features. Maybe it is the same function button as close captioning, do you have that switched on?

Trini

07-06-2004

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Thanks J.

Trini

07-06-2004

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Descriptive voice is turned off so hope it stays that way, it always has been . :-(

Trini

07-06-2004

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
By the way I saw Peter in an episode of Murdoch Mysteries along with Thomas Craig, Inspector Brackenreid, I love TC.

Trini

07-06-2004

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Speaking about disappointing story line, Sunita she is so hot to trot.