TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 25, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Longmire: Archive through June 25, 2012 users admin

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else catch the series premier of Longmire on A&E last night? DH and I watched and it was ok. Lou Diamond Phillips is in it and it takes place in Wyoming (where we are soon headed!) so it caught my interest. It's sorta like justified mixed with Lonesome dove, sorta. I liked it ok. I will tune in next week to see where it goes.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Was going to watch it, but it didn't come on until 11:00 pm for some reason on our Dish.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Katee was tweeting while filming it.
Have it set on the DVR.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I watched it and I think I enjoyed it. It may take some getting used to, figuring out all the back stories and all. Like why is the blonde woman there when she used to be a detective in a big city? But I kinda enjoyed watching Longmire trump out the jerk who's running for sheriff, so I think I may watch it for fun anyways.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I was getting bored with it at about the halfway point. The storyline, to me, just seemed to be moving along much too slowly. Then something happened (I can't remember what exactly though), and I was hooked into the story again. I plan to watch at least one more episode before deciding whether or not to make it a regular on the old DVR.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
"I don't have a cell phone"...I mean, I knew he was gonna say it and I still laughed when he did. Branch Connely is a hottie.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I totally laughed out loud when he did that... when he was walking away and the guy was bleeding and he was like aren't you gonna call? And he says "I don't have a cell phone." Totally laughed out loud! Loved that moment.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
My laugh-out-loud moment was when he was silent and his female deputy asked, "What are you doing?," and he replied, "I was thinking. I do that sometimes before I speak."

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah. That, too.

Actually, there were quite a few moments like that. I kind of enjoyed Longmire.

When Branch was giving him a hard time about the accident. And Longmire replied about the beer he drinks, and the beer cans that he picks up cuz he hates littering. And the book he reads, and he pulls out Sherlock Holmes. That was another "gotcha" moment.

I think maybe that's why I enjoyed it. It was a slow movin' show, but there were slow moments followed by gotcha's, so you kinda sorta hadda pay attention cuz if you didn't, you totally missed the laugh out loud gotcha's!

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Watched with hubby, wouldn't have been my choice to watch. It was pretty good....but....nothing else was on that night. Don't think it will hold up against any competition. Also loved Hatfields and McCoys and they had commercial for this show about every 5 minutes.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 5:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I LOVED it!!!! There were serious moments and comic moments, a good enough storyline to hold my interest all the way through without any channel surfing. This is definitely on my list to watch each week. There's nothin' like a sheriff with a heart. I was hooked when the tear fell on his boot.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Still cracking up at moments in this show. The perp blasts out a door, and Branch gets his face cracked. And Longmire says (when they catch up to him, "You should always stand to the side of the door." Or something like that. Real deadpan like. And then the next shot is of Branch sniffing and wiping his bloody nose. LOL.

I'm really enjoying this show. It's a bit slow paced but they've got enough going to keep me interested.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Did I miss an episode????

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Escapee, there's a new episode every Sunday night, but it's repeated many times during the week.

LOVED this week's episode. Ole Sleazy Branch is gonna get his comeuppance when Longmire finds out he's messin' around with his daughter. Lots of great moments this week. This is going to be one of my "must watch" shows.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, June 11, 2012 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I think so, too, Missp. Slow as molasses but lots of great moments. Just nice 'n summertime enjoyable.

Escapee, it's on right around the same time Glades is on. Including all the repeat performances.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I like the pacing of the show. It's a good Sunday night watch before bed and another hectic work week.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Or a good watch while drinking coffee Monday morning, waking up, before another hectic work week! :-)

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Costa, I'm way too groggy in the A.M. to try and watch any TV before work, but if that's your thing, go for it!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Er, the "drinking coffee" thing helps!! Of course, I never said how much I retain any of this. It's also why I don't watch anything that requires me to think too much. For obvious reasons! LOL!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 3:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Loving this show. Each episode has just gotten better.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 5:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Slow as molasses but lots of great moments

I've thought on this....yes, it's slow-paced but that's what gives it part of the feel. I used to watch a lot of westerns growing up and they all had that slow pace to them. I think, perhaps, it's meant to portray a simpler life. Don't know, really, but do know I enjoy this show.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I agree, so good. Especially with me just getting back from that part of the country (have i already mentioned this 100 times? I loved it!) So DH and I are watching it and really enjoying it. It got good stories about the good guy winning, not a killer, not a drunk, not a vampire, not an anti-hero, but a blue blooded, down home, good guy doing the right thing, being honorable, and coming out ahead in some really craptastic situations. I love Lou Diamond Phillips, also.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
What network is this on? I was channel flipping and saw it was on recently, but didn't take note of the station. Your comments make this show look pretty good and worth a looksee.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
A&E

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Escapee!