TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 02, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): General Hospital: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 02, 2012 users admin

Punkaroo

05-30-2006

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkaroo a private message Print Post    
I don't think it was subtle referencing their previous connection, how many times did Sam say "I feel like I know you" in many variations
:-(

I thought it was unrealistic how many people attended Robin's funeral, sad actually, but now I'm good with it if she is really alive!!

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
"I feel like I know you"

I think the head writer confirmed it was a nod to their relationship on Port Charles. I will look again for where I read that.

Ronda

07-20-2009

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ronda a private message Print Post    
"I feel like I know you"

I think the head writer confirmed it was a nod to their relationship on Port Charles. I will look again for where I read that.

I think the whole scene was for die hard PC fans (HUGE Caleb & Livvi fan here) John even had the line, "It was like a steak through my heart" .... they were the best part of Port Charles!

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Is it my imagination or did that nurse who was taking care of Robin look and sound like Alice, the Quartermains housekeeper??

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 3:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I thought it sound like her but I only got a quick look I wonder who is holding her .

Punkaroo

05-30-2006

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkaroo a private message Print Post    
Another of my wild ideas - what if it is Lisa Niles who has Robin? If Lisa also really isn't dead, that gets Maxie out of trouble.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I hate when they do this. LMAO Punkaroo.

ETA: and since Robin was in the room, who the heck is in the jar!!

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I thought the same thing Punk maybe it Lisa?

Punkaroo

05-30-2006

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkaroo a private message Print Post    
This is where I wish the US Soaps were more like Coronation Street - Corrie doesn't draw things out at all, most are resolved within the same week. Days of our lives and Passions used to be the worst, didn't Passions have a single day that went on for months?

Watching2

07-07-2001

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I've read that Felicia is coming back sometime this month, apparently to help Maxie. I didn't see when Georgie died and Maxie kicked her to the curb. I'll be glad to see her. It would be nice if they brought Frisco back. He's no longer busy with Dancing With The Stars. I hate what they did to this couple and this family. It was so out of character for Felicia to have just dumped her girls. It was bad enough when they had Frisco leave to go be a spy. Anyway, it would be nice to see them both back, but I look forward to seeing Kristina as Felicia. I'll actually have to start watching again. I've just gotten out of the habit since it's lost my interest.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
General Hospital has been renewed and Revolution has been cancelled so General Hospital will be moved to 2:00pm. Katie Coric did it Yay Katie I didn't Watch any of the new shows, I wonder if Katie is getting a show and it going to the 3:00 pm time slot.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmm, my GH is already on at 2pm, I wonder if it will move.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So is Jax just gone or is he the one who is behind the car accident? Anyone have any speculation or rumors?

Eroica

07-28-2005

Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
Just read in the NY paper that GMA is going to be on at 2PM until the fall. Katie Couric will then take over in the 2PM spot.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
what is GMA?

Ronda

07-20-2009

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ronda a private message Print Post    
So is Jax just gone or is he the one who is behind the car accident? Anyone have any speculation or rumors?

I think it was Kate/Connie who shot Dante and was the one who caused the car accident....

Eroica

07-28-2005

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
GMA is Good Morning America

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Ronda, I agree with you and think you are right!

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
That what I thought Eronica would be long time for GMA to be on.Because is GMA on in the am Also I agree with you Ronda.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
If GMA is on at 2pm then it will be GAA (Good Afternoon America)

Eroica

07-28-2005

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
LOL Country

According to the article, they are only doing the 2 - 3 pm time slot for a few months until Katie Couric's new show starts.

Eroica

07-28-2005

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
The network made the announcement Wednesday that the final episode of "The Revolution" will air on July 9, and the cancellation of this show means that "GH" will not fall victim to the looming presence of Katie Couric's talk show "Katie" which premieres on September 10. As for what will fill this timeslot in between shows, ABC will air an extension of "Good Morning America" designed for afternoon viewing. With this news, "GH" will remain the last remaining soap on a network that has already canceled "One Life to Life" and "All My Children" with the latter show getting an ending that was completely botched courtesy of an internet deal to keep the show alive that fell through several months into negotiations. Daytime dramas are falling by the wayside due to high cost (at least compared to talk shows) and declining ratings and even though this renewal of sorts is nice, it's hardly a huge reprieve for the show to keep it around for an extra six or seven months. (We'll have to wait on a longer renewal.) [5] ABC has decided to kill its new daytime talk show "The Revolution" and hang on to its long-running soap "General Hospital," because "GH" has a larger following, network sources confirm. It airs in the 2 p.m. timeslot -- a very important hour for ABC, because on Sept. 10 it will become the lead-in hour for Katie Couric's new syndicated talk show, which is produced by Disney -- which owns ABC. [4] ABC has opted to keep General Hospital, its last remaining daytime soap, while canceling The Revolution, a low-rated lifestyle program that replaced One Life to Live in January. Hospital was endangered when ABC gave its time slot to Katie Couric's new syndicated talk show, due Sept. 10. Low ratings for The Revolution instead spelled doom for that show, which will end its short run July 9. [6] The show, executive produced and run by former NBC topper Jeff Zucker, is expected to be a lifestyle talk show with a strong news flavor in keeping with Couric's background and interests. The General Hospital news is great for soap opera fans who complained after ABC last year announced the cancellations of All My Children and One Life to Live, both of which ran for more than 40 years. This time, the network emerges as the good guy while still finding room for Katie. [7] Afternoon shuffle sets the stage for arrival of Katie Couric in September; until then, "Good Morning America" will have an afternoon spinoff. It wasn't as easy as ABC, but the Disney-owned broadcast network has given renewed life to its last soap opera, General Hospital, while making moves to set the stage for the arrival of Katie Couric's talk show in September. [7]

Katie Couric's new daytime talk show is set to take over General Hospital's spot in the fall, which made GH fans concerned that the soap would be cancelled as well. The network has announced that General Hospital fans can rest easy, because they won't be getting rid of the show. Couric is scheduled to take over its slot, but ABC will be cancelling its daytime reality show, Revolution and moving GH into that spot. [8] According to Deadline and confirmed to us by ABC, "General Hospital" will remain the only daytime drama on the network, ending speculation that Katie Couric 's new talk show "Katie" would end the show's almost half a century run. "The Revolution" will end it's run at the beginning of July after low ratings. [9] A lower-rated show, "The Revolution," met a different fate on Wednesday. The daytime talk show was canceled, with the network stating that it would end its run at the beginning of July. The moves were first reported by Deadline Hollywood, which noted that "General Hospital" would "celebrate its 50th anniversary next April." After "The Revolution" ends, an afternoon edition of the ABC News program "Good Morning America" will take its place for nine weeks. [10]

Yesterday ABC renewed "General Hospital" and canceled "The Revolution," the low-rated lifestyle talk show that replaced "One Life to Live" three months ago, much to soap fans' regret. [11] With The Revolution gone, and GMA in the Afternoon's limited stay, ABC could air GH an hour early. Last year, ABC made enemies out of millions of soap fans when they canceled All My Children and One Life to Live. Both shows had been on the air for over 40 years. The network replaced them with unscripted programs The Chew and The Revolution, which are cheaper to produce. Out of those two, only The Chew has been renewed for a second season. In 2013, General Hospital will celebrate its 50th year on television making it the longest running soap currently on air. [12] Good news for soap fans (and James Franco ). Deadline is reporting that ABC will announce that they'll be cancelling the low-rated The Revolution and renewing their last remaining soap, General Hospital. The lifestyle reality show replaced One Life to Live this past January and is expected to last air this July. Last April, ABC shocked the industry by cancelling both All My Children and One Life to Live. [13]

Watching2

07-07-2001

Monday, April 30, 2012 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Looking foward to see where they're going to go with Felicia. Already Mac has read her the riot act as has Maxie. They say she's back for more than a few episodes, so I'm hopeful they'll redeem her somehow.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, that was ridiculous, no reality tv producer would film without releases and even in soap land, those people would never sign them. I don't like new Christina, I want old Christina back.

Ronda

07-20-2009

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ronda a private message Print Post    
no reality tv producer would film without releases

I kept thinking the same thing!!

And ITA - I do mot like NuKristina....