TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 19, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul: Archive through July 19, 2012 users admin

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Friday, June 08, 2012 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
*dispute

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, July 06, 2012 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Behind the Scenes Sneak Peek for Season 5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJvFib5iOxE

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt. I'm ready for it to start!!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
SO excited! I thought it didn't start until the end of July, so this was a nice surprise that it starts on the 15th.

Best show on TV!

Holly

07-21-2001

Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Got the funions stocked up then, Rosem?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
How much did Walt tip that waitress ?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
$100

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Got my Funions, yo! That was a heck of an opening episode!

I like how it just picked up where we left off, but I had a hard time remembering some stuff, like the lab getting blown up, and I thought Ted was dead! Which, he might be soon anyway, I don't trust that guy.

I love how Walt and Jesse are working together as a team, and I still cannot believe I am rooting for meth dealers/producers.

THAT is how good this show is. I'm on the side of people who should be in prison!

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Loved the show last night. Last season it started a bit slow and I was worried that it would this time. The magnet! Brilliant!! And Walt continues his journey into the ultimate bad ass!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thank you Lake !

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
One thing I always like is the scene before the credits. Walt with hair, at least two or three months' worth, buying machine guns! Now it's going to always be in the back of my mind that we're building up to that.

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Every season opener has started with a prelude to the finale. Remember the teddy bear (minus eye)floating face down in the pool as Season 3 (?) opener?

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Agree! I absolutely LOVE that the episode starts with some inexplicable scene, then the show starts, and at the end, we find out what the opening scene is all about.

I guess we have to wait a while before we find out about the machine gun in the trunk, the guy in the bathroom, and the envelope with what I assume is cash. But, that's ok, I don't even mind waiting since I know it's going to be mind blowing.

I don't think I've ever seen a TV show use this incredibly effective format before.

Oh, and, that pink teddy bear with the missing eye haunted me through the whole season! Best one ever!

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
If Walter needs a machine gun, looks like BIG trouble lies ahead!!

Rosem, remember the one with the terrible twinnies in white suits crawling along the sand on their bellies toward the shrine, lol. Brilliant!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Oh, yeah!! The cousins!

There are so many visuals in this show that freak me out. That shiny ax they would carry around and sometimes scrape on the ground, the exploding turtle with a human head on it, Tio's wheelchair bell, and probably so many others that I'm forgetting.

I can't believe it's coming to an end. I read somewhere that the final season will air 1/2 the episodes now, and the other half next year. I don't even mind that they're spreading it out because that makes it last even longer!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I read that next year we'll see the "final 8 episodes".

IMDB.COM shows a total of 16 episodes for this final season, so it appears we'll get 8 episodes now and 8 more next year.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Just watched the season opener. What I will call the "operation magnet" testing in the junkyard cracked me up. The writing on this show is great. In the midst of this madness there is always some humor, like Saul's character.

I'll miss Giancarlo Esposito as Gus, he was so good at playing "quiet menace". I think we can agree, Walt has lost his mind. He truly thinks he's "the man" now. Can't wait to see where the season goes.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Monday, July 16, 2012 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Do you think that the opening scene was a flash ahead to something in the future? Maybe Walt ends up taking up the sleazy lawyer's offer to "disappear" him. He was broke at the end of last season. Where did he get that envelope of money? And his hair had grown out. Hmmmm.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Rieann, I loved 'operation magnet' - even more, I loved that JESSE came up with the idea. HA!

When things started moving around in the evidence room, it was funny and creepy all at the same time.

The humor makes the show very unique, and I am crazy about 'Better Call Saul'! Have you guys seen the website? It's hilarious:

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

Hummingbird, yeah, I think the opening scene was a 'flash forward', and I can't wait to see how everything led up to that moment. Oh, and I don't think Walt is broke anymore, he's the drug kingpin now that Gus is dead.

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Aaron Paul brings so much to every scene he's in. His expression at the junk yard when asked about "genital jewelry" was hilarious. And to think he was supposed to be killed off in the first season; what a mistake that would have been. He's turned into one of my all-time favorite characters.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Holly, count me in as an Aaron Paul fan. He has made the Jesse character his own, and his rapport with Bryan Cranston is incredible.

I am so looking forward to seeing where their partnership goes this season.

When the series ends, I think I'll buy it on DVD, something I never do! This is a series I know I'll want to watch again from the beginning.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I did not like Jesse until season 2-now hes my fav. Im glad the writers retained Mike,but I'll miss Gus.You can tell Mike has become fond of Jesse.

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Yes, Mike's really fond of him, Lakecat, and like the rest of us, took a while to get over his youthful, annoying ways, LOL.

I really fell for Jesse in the episode with the little toddler he was playing Peek-A-Boo with in that awful meth house. He has such a soft heart, especially for children. Makes me wonder what he'll do if he ever learns Walt poisoned his gf's little boy last season. It will probably put him over the edge.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
OMG, Weird Al Yankovic (love him!) is a Breaking Bad fan. He tweeted this:

"Al Yankovic ‏@alyankovic
I enjoy Breaking Bad even more when I pretend that the entire series is just a prequel to Malcolm in the Middle."

Weird Al is still hilarious!

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
When I said that Walt was broke last season I didn't think he would stay broke very long. I was remembering the scene where Walt wanted to disappear and discovered that he didn't have enough money because Skylar had given it to Tim without telling him. He asked Jesse for a loan to pay the junkyard guy.