TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 13, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Live with Kelly: Archive through July 13, 2012 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Yes we should. And think how lovely all our family parties would be with him singing.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Tomorrow's guest -- fitness expert Brooke Burke. Someone forgot "-Charvet". Puleeeeease!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, January 06, 2012 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I think the show will do well if they can find the right co host for Kelly.

I am not an avid watcher and wasn't with Regis either. But from what I've seen, I just don't enjoy the show, or Kelly, as much w/o Regis. I do really like Kelly a lot though. I just think she needs the right man for the job. She really did a great job with Regis. I think she is smart and funny and very appealing to watch usually.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, January 06, 2012 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
re Clay-gate, I think Kelly putting her hand over Regis' mouth (or Regis putting his hand over Kelly's mouth) is a very different thing than when Clay did it. She and Regis have such a close relationship.

For me, I would have had a really hard time in that situation. Not only am a I a bit of a germaphobe, but that feeling of someone not close to me touching my face really makes me very uncomfortable (not even considering the germaphobe part), and, clamping their hand over my mouth would increase that uncomfortable feeling a lot. It is so confining or restraining that I think it would instinctually make me have a very strong negative reaction. If it were my husband or kids or even a close friend and done in the context of playing around, it wouldn't bother me at all or at least hardly at all.

Also, in a setting like that, a work setting, she is the host. I think it was very inappropriate for Clay to do it for several reasons including all of the above. I do think, however, that he meant no harm by it. I also think she should have just let it go instead of getting so defensive about it.

But they are both human. Humans make mistakes all the time.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, January 06, 2012 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree Happymom. Kelly and Regis are peers and have a level of familiarity. With Clay, he's not a peer and there isn't that comfort level and I think that's why the bad reaction. I think the way she handled it was all wrong. She's the professional, the seasoned professional, and he's wet behind the ears, so she could have handled it with a bit more class and in a mentor kind of way rather than getting all uppity about it.

And I agree, she needs a cohost.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 1:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The gossip rags are saying they are chasing Rob Lowe to be permanent co-host after the chemistry he showed with Kelly while questing.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I think her husband would be the perfect co-host for her! I love them together.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Just please don't bring back Kathy Lee.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i would love it if mark was her co-host of course, i only get to see the show once or twice a year! LOL
kathy lee has a pretty good gig on the today show so i doubt she would come back.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I could live with Mark's being Kelly's co-host. He's good looking and articulate as well as funny.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I would love Mark as her co-host!!!

On a side note I missed Mark Wahlberg today:-(

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Mark has already stated on camera he does not want the gig.

Kittystj

08-10-2001

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kittystj a private message Print Post    
Cannot ever forgive kelly for how she treated Clay Aiken. He was just trying to get a word in. It was not needed how she complained to Howard Stern about Clay...and ridicule him. And as for Clay not being her peer...really. he has far more class than her...
Cannot watch the show without Regis...

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I only watched Regis & Kelly occasionally. Now I'm learning I don't care much for Kelly. IMO, her on-camera personality is an act that I don't enjoy.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Today is Kelly and Reggie Bush. Sorry, but could not be more boring. He is boring. I never realized he was so dull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Hes way better than Matthew Broderick. Talk about boring. Kelly seemed to have to drag a conversation out of him. At least Reggie is nice to look at.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Caught the show today and enjoyed Seth. He seems to be a good match for Kelly.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
They do a good job together. Unfortunately he said that he didn't want to leave SNL especially in an election year. I don't think he could do both. I'd like to see him as a principal guest host when SNL wasn't taping.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info, Roteach. I rarely catch the show anymore and did not know that about Seth.

One of the things I enjoyed about Seth was that he could get a word in.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
But the big rumor is that Seth is the frontrunner. I read that just yesterday. I hope he does it. He can always take some time days off for SNL. They did say the other front runners are Michael Strahan and Josh Groban but I believe it will be Seth.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Don't know who Michael Strahan is and I like Josh Groban's singing but not sure about being Kelly's TV Other.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I've been watching at the gym every day this week, with Seth. I love him and his quick wit! Usually, I don't watch this ever and I can't wait to get to the gym to see him and laugh.

Yesterday, with Glenn Close, the part about couldn't get the dog to understand who they just met in the elevator. OMG, I'm sure the person on the machine next to me thought I was insane as I was laughing out loud.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 4:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Of the three, I'd rank them Seth, Josh and Michael. I don't think Josh could co-host full time as he does a lot of touring. As a substitute co-host he'd be fine. I like Michael but he's a bit too peppy for me in the morning.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I still automatically put this show on at 9 because I've watched for years. But I dont stay for long because its just so boring without Regis!