TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 07, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul: Archive through June 07, 2012 users admin

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Gus does not trust Walter at all and rightly so; another exciting episode.

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
OK, for the first time in 4 seasons, I'm disappointed. Way too many holes in last night's episode. Who gave the kid the riacin? How did they get it from Jesse? (Remember, he checked it that morning when he changed his cig pack.) Why did Gus all of a sudden suspect something with the car? It was very suspenseful but very confusing as no adequate explanations were given. I wonder if they'll touch on it next week.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
We dont know if the kid actually has ricin poisoning but if he does I assume Gus gave it to him.who knows?

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
So where did the cigarette go? Jesse has been uber careful with it. And how would Gus even know about the ricin in the first place? Like I said, too many holes and questions left unanswered.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I was getting sleepy while watching and could not understand how the little boy was poisoned; now I know that I did not miss anything.

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
I thought I missed something too with the cigarette. Brilliant plan by Gus though to have the kid poisoned and have Jesse think Walt did it. Walt crying when Gus walked away from the car...very intense! Love this show!

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Lottaluv, it could have been Walt who did it for much the same reason you're saying Gus did it. In fact, that's a bit more believable as Walt knew about the ricin--there is absolutely NO evidence that Gus knew about it. Regardless, it was very, very sloppy writing and the kid's poisoning, along with Gus 'knowing' something was up with the car, was a bit too far fetched to believe--unless they explain it all next episode, which is the last. I really love this show too, which is why this episode kinda disappointed--for the first time in 4 seasons!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
No other show on TV makes my stomach hurt and gets my palms all sweaty and makes my heart pound.

This episode did it again.

I was actually thinking that the child got into Jesse's pack of cigarettes when left alone for a minute. It could happen. And the paranoia and mistrust between Jesse, Walter and Gus is running rampant. Knowing these writers, it might be just that simple.

But it bugs me that when Jesse told Gus: "The doctors, they don't know what it is'...suddenly Gus allows Jesse to stay at the hospital and skip the cook. Makes me think Gus had something to do with it, and he thinks Jesse knows. But how Gus would have known about the ricin and where it was is beyond me.

I have a feeling the finale will pull all these threads together.

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, October 09, 2011 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
My God, what a season finale that was! There are just not enough awards for this show.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, October 10, 2011 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Seriously!!!!!

Holly, I think it was the most satisfying finale ever! I wonder what they'll do for next season, since we got closure on the major storyline. Which I loved. No cliffhanger, no waiting til next season to see what happens.

Nicely done!

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, October 10, 2011 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
So true. Vince could have ended it this season and I would have been totally satisfied (besides the sloppy writing on the last episode regarding the riacin, how they got it from Jessie, how Walt got near the kid to poison him etc.) But wasn't it just amazing how he ended with the big reveal, panning in on the flowers--Heisenberg is definitely back--in full force and Walt White is dead forever.

The only missing piece of the puzzle left now is Mike...he'll surely be brought back for the last season and perhaps be the antagonist?

Best line of the night was when Saul was rankled about Jessie and Walter once again bringing their problems to his doorstep and dragging him into their angst: "If I ever have anal polyps, I'll know what to call them!" Bwwaaaahhhh!

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, October 10, 2011 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
<The only missing piece of the puzzle left now is Mike...he'll surely be brought back for the last season and perhaps be the antagonist?>

Wait. I forgot about Hank. I wonder if most of the next season will center on Hank putting two and two together? He'll certainly figure in somehow big.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 10, 2011 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Im gonna miss Gus,he was an awesome villian.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 10, 2011 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I do have a couple of question per usual. Why did Gus' men abduct Jesse? And where was Jesse at when Gus' men were forcing him to cook? It did not look like Gus' state of the art lab under the laundry-so where was it?

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, October 10, 2011 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, the only reason I can think of for his abduction was that after telling Gus in the hospital chapel that the kid had been poisoned, as Gus walked to his car he seemed to intuit that something was up; hence, he stopped and turned rather than go into the car which Walt had rigged with a bomb (same bomb that eventually killed Gus!) Then Jesse got hauled in by the Feds which surely spooked Gus. Plus, Walt had disappeared on him and he just needed someone to continue cooking. That's the only reason I can think of, Lakecat. They took Jesse to the lab at the laundry and forced him to cook at gunpoint. What I'd like to know though is how Walt knew he was there! Truthfully, this show is so good you have to forgive the (few) lapses in logic they make.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Holly. That was another question I had too. How did Walt know he was there? But youre right,it matters not,the show is great in spite of the little hiccups every now and then.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I also LOVE LOVE LOVED that the title of the episode was 'Face Off'.

Hee!!

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I loved how he adjusted his tie right before he fell face down. Always the GQ fella was Gus!

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Ha! Did anyone see 'Gus Fring' on the new NBC show (about fairy tales!) 'Once Upon A Time'?

He's playing a lackey to the Evil Queen from the Snow White fairy tale. What a turn around this part is from the Gus Fring we came to know and fear!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I missed that Holly...............now I will be looking out for him. Thanks !

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Breaking Bad's new season starts July 15th!

They are going to air last season on June 11th.

Bad news for Dish subscribers. On Breaking Bad's website, it says that Dish is planning on dropping the channel, so you need to contact DISH to complain.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I'm ready! I just can't imagine what Walt will do next. Remember the innocent days when he was just this mild mannered chemistry teacher?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 1:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
On the website there is a poster for the new season. It has Walt sitting in a giant warehouse in his orange work scrubs surrounded by bales of cash and meth. The warehouse house has all these windows that sort of resembles a big church's windows. The poster reads,"All Hail the King".

Possible spoiler:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Someone posted that Walt will starts taking meth this season. Sorta going the Scarface route. I have no idea where the posters are getting their info from or if it's all guessing on their part.

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Oh goody. Some decent TV for a change.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Dish moved AMC way up the channel list - from Channel 130 to 9609. They are dropping AMC, IFN, and WE on June 30 for people who only have the top 100 package. If you have the top 200 or the top 250, you will still get those stations on 9607 thru 9609. All this involves a contract dipute.