TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 05, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Ghost Hunting Shows: Archive through June 05, 2012 users admin

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
I think it would be cool to do that Naja so then at least other people would believe me. LOL. But to be honest i think it might be way scary to hear it on tape.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 1:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was just watching a talk show with the guy who is on that newish show called "Finding Bigfoot". It just started it's second season.

Anyway, I thought I was nuts enjoying hunting for ghosts, but I have to say these bigfoot hunters take the prize for nuts over ghost hunters.

I watched about the first 5 eps of the first season and took them off my season pass. At least with us ghost hunters we get some kind strange evidence, but I swear these bigfoot hunters gets absolutely nothing but still believe.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well that was sort of a punch in the stomach tonight. Grant announced he's leaving GH after the next few investigations.

No one seems to know why, but it is very noticeable that he no longer wears his wedding ring. It was a huge ring. One other thing I found out tonight is that Grant is Mormon. I had no idea!

Channel_surfer

10-31-2007

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Channel_surfer a private message Print Post    
I was shocked too, but I follow both Grant and Jason on Twitter and it is obvious that they are still very good friends. It also appears that they BOTH are still hunting.....

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Oh, wow. I haven't watched the episode yet, have it recorded. I really like Grant. They (Grant and Jason) also bought that big hotel in New England, together, I think in New Hampshire? Remember, they did an episode from there where they had other investigators check it out for them.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I have Jason on my facebook list and he had a post about Grant leaving, linked to his blog.

Here's the link http://jasonhawes.com/?page_id=102

Hi everyone,

We know you probably have lots of questions about Grant’s departure from Ghost Hunters, so here are some answers to what we thought you might be wondering about most.

Q: Was Grant fired?

A: No. Grant approached Syfy & the producers with this decision.

Q: Is Ghost Hunters being cancelled?

A: No.

Q: Is there a rift between Jason and Grant? Or between Grant and another cast member?

A: No. This was an amicable departure from the show that was not precipitated by any interpersonal issues.

Q: Will a new lead investigator take over for Grant?

A: No – there are no plans to bring in a new lead, but everyone will have to stay tuned to see how the team adjusts.

Q: What are Grant’s plans? Will he return to plumbing?

A: For now, Grant is looking forward to going back to school to pursue his interests in graphic design, as well as continue to actively pursue his passion for music and art.

Q: Will Grant still remain an active member of TAPS? Will he continue paranormal investigating?

A: Grant will take some down time from investigating to further his education but will remain a part of TAPS, assisting Jason in other areas for now.

Q: Will Grant still be making personal appearances?

A: At this time he has no upcoming appearances.

Q: What about Jason & Grant’s inn, the Spalding?

A: Grant will continue his role as an active owner of the Spalding, along with Jason.

Of the departure, Wilson said, “It is with mixed emotion that I am announcing my departure from the cast of Ghost Hunters. While paranormal investigating has always been and will remain a passion for me, after enjoying nearly eight successful seasons on television, I have made the decision to leave the series in order to focus on other aspects of my personal life.

I will deeply miss working with Jason and the rest of the dedicated investigators and crew that have become like family, and I wish them all the best as they continue to follow their passion and realize the vision of TAPS.

I will also miss interacting with our wonderful fans worldwide. You are all at the heart of what we do on Ghost Hunters, and I’m grateful to have gotten to know many of you over the years.

Thank you to Syfy and Pilgrim Studios for giving me the opportunity to do what I love for nearly eight years, and for supporting this difficult decision.”

Statement from Jason Hawes, TAPS Co-Founder & Co-Lead Investigator, Ghost Hunters:

“When Grant and I founded TAPS nearly 20 years ago, we never imagined that we would be able to make such an impact just by doing what we enjoy every day. I will miss working with Grant on a daily basis, and am indebted to the level of dedication and expertise he has brought to our field.

I can’t imagine having a better partner through it all – both on the show and off. Grant and I, along with our spouses and children, are all like one big family. While I fully support his decision to move on from the series, this longtime friendship – as well as our business partnership – will continue off-camera for years to come.”

Statement from Mark Stern, President, Syfy Original Content and Co-Head, Universal Cable Productions:

“Grant has been an integral part of a show that has become the standard-bearer for paranormal investigation. The fact that Ghost Hunters is still going strong in its eighth season is a testament to Grant’s amazing partnership with Jason and their clear connection to the audience. We respect and support this difficult decision that Grant has made, and wish him all the best in his new endeavors. The hard work, integrity, and compassion that he has consistently brought to his work won’t be easily replaced, but this successful series will find a way to reshape itself as it moves forward.”

Statement from Craig Piligian, Executive Producer, Pilgrim Studios:

“It’s been a great eight seasons so far for Ghost Hunters, and a terrific partnership between Pilgrim Studios and TAPS. We wish our good friend Grant Wilson all the best.”

On Wednesday nights at 9pm for over seven years, Ghost Hunters has featured spine-tingling cases from the files of TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society) – led by Rhode Island plumbers Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson. Since its 2004 premiere, the show has spawned two spin-offs (with over 200 episodes among the three series), cementing its place as the #1 paranormal franchise in cable. Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International are produced in association with Craig Piligian’s Pilgrim Studios (Dirty Jobs, The Ultimate Fighter, Top Shot). Piligian and Thomas Thayer, along with Mike Nichols and Alan David, serve as executive producers.

Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (HYPERLINK “http://www.Syfy.comwww.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in more than 98 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)

Channel_surfer

10-31-2007

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Channel_surfer a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Smokey!! Interesting read.

It's obvious that Jay and Grant are friends outside of the show and they respect each other.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 09, 2012 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Ghost Adventures" and "The Dead Files" are both back tonight with new eps on Travel Channel. The last two weeks GA had a couple of "best of" shows, but they weren't new adventures.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 08, 2012 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Guess what? "Fact of Faked" is back next week on SYFY! YAY!

On Tuesday, April 17, there will be an all day marathon of Fact or Faked, culminating that evening with a brand new ep :-) I guess officially it's the start of the second half of season 2. They do like the other shows on the channel and split the season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 3:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just watched this silly scary movie on cable last night called "Grave Encounters". Any fan of Ghost adventures with Zak Bagans has to watch this! It's a mockumentary of a group of ghost hunters, and the main character is basically an impersonation of Zak...LOL

Imagine that Zak and his crew finally got locked into a location and actually found everything they have been hoping to find :-)
I'm not kidding when I tell you that if you close your eyes and just listen to the voice of the main character, Lance Prescott, it's a total impersonation of Zack from GA.

If you have Showtime channel, that's the channel they have been showing it on this month.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Dangit, Naja, lol, I actually saw that on my guide yesterday, almost changed the channel to watch it, then looked over and saw both kids in the middle of homework and decided not to because I knew they'd get sucked into the movie. I'll have to see if I can find it on later.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately, I don't get Showtime, just HBO.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, April 21, 2012 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That GA show was hard to watch last night. I didn't really feel like they got much proof, but if it makes the family feel better, then that's ok with me.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Saturday, April 21, 2012 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I just watched my recording of that today. It bothered me, too. Plus, I'm not real sure why you would want to keep a loved one earth bound, which kind of seems like what they are doing to their daughter. I understand they want proof that there is life after death, but it just didn't feel right or good to me, at all. I found it disturbing.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Saturday, April 21, 2012 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, Naja it was kind of hard to watch parents dealing with the death of a beautiful daughter.
I was dismayed that they wanted to stay in touch with their daughter instead of wanting her to go to the next plane of existence or something. But, I can understand it would be comforting to hear her voice.

A friend that watched it said if they were doing that to promote their company and their products that it was really in bad taste.
WOW I don't think that was the reason, they really seemed to be grief stricken.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 27, 2012 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sunday at Noon, 11 am central, that most controversial episode of Fact or Faked from their first season is being re-run. It's the ep where they investigate the validity of a video of an apparition of a caretaker ghost, and all of us as the viewing audience can see it's a big spider in a web being lit up momentarily, but to this day the members of the cast still argue that it's not a spider...LOL
If you do record it, be sure to do the frame by frame on the remote. At one point you can even see the spider's individual legs.

oooo, almost forgot, there's 2 back to back new eps of "My Ghost Story" on Saturday night. They better not have any orb or bug on the lens stories. I get really aggravated when they show those as ghost encounters.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Grant's last GH episode :-( I am so not looking forward to it. I'll watch it tomorrow afternoon when I get home.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm a bit late about posting concerning Grant's last ep, but I'll do it anyway.

I think it was painfully obvious that Grant's last ep was mostly a promotion for their hotel, the hotel both Grant and Jason own.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ok, Now that that's off my chest.....

I REALLY enjoy "Fact or Faked", but it's getting old that they are taking on cases we can tell right off are faked. Like last night's ep. I think ALL of us thought the playground demon looked like CGI. The movement didn't seem natural at all, the guy who took the video seemed like he was lying when he was asked if he was lying. jeeez.

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
I thought the same thing Naja about Grant's last episode. I also agree with you about Fact or Faked. And lastly, I have a confession to make. I have become horribly addicted to Ghost Adventures with Zac Bagans. I don't know why. That is all. LOL

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Agreed on both thoughts, Naja. I was disappointed in the Grant's last episode. But, recently saw an episode I've not seen before, where they are in Ireland investigating a place where there are supposedly fairies and elemental type energies. It was pretty interesting. It's the first time they met up with Barry, the Irish guy who was with GHI.

Maplsyrp--maybe it's because Ghost Adventures is like watching the Three Stooges? That show cracks me up. I do watch it. It just seems their seasons have gotten so short and they've really changed how they do things.

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
I guess that is why Smokey cause it does cheer me up!

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Zac's not too bad to look at, either. :-) Maybe that is it, huh Maplsyrp?

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Monday, June 04, 2012 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
I agree Smokey but then he opens his mouth and spoils it. LOL

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
LOL Exactly! Sometimes I wonder if he is like this in real life or it's put on for the show. He's a bumbler. And, Aaron. Nick seems to be the most balanced one out of the 3.