TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 18, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Falling Skies on TNT: Archive through June 18, 2012 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 25, 2011 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That is a good point, that the good guys would know if there was anything inside the mechs.

They've introduced the ESP aspect but that doesn't work with mechs, unless it's a kind of psychokinesis. The drone/video game seems to be the most likely option! I think they might have hinted at an earthling tie-in to the mechs with that two legged thing. It seems odd to randomly mention it if it wasn't central to a something that would come up later.

I wonder how long before we find out.

Stardust

05-08-2011

Monday, July 25, 2011 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stardust a private message Print Post    
Remember when the skitter was captured and Rick was in the next room? He put his harness back on and went in to free the skitter. When everyone came into the room, the skitter communicated with them through Rick. I wonder if the skitter took over Rick and he really is not Rick anymore but is a skitter in his mind. That was my take anyway.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 25, 2011 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the skitter could have dumped his brain in him knowing he (skitter) was in danger.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Got this from a friend this morning:
"The preview for next week looks excellent, something about the aliens looking like humans!"

Has anyone seen that preview? The TNT site only has something more general.
http://www.tnt.tv/dramavision/?cid=87324

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
This must be the referenced trailert....Noah Wylie says "They look almost human" as he is watching skitters through binoculars.

To me, they looked pretty much the same as before except they appeared to have more human-like arms.....but to be honest, it was such a quick edit showing the skitter in question, it's really hard to tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mn3vU9khCg

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thank you for finding that! I looked on the TNT website but couldn't see it in any of the trailers or previews they had there.

When he says that, it looks like they are in some sort of central command thing, so I think maybe they cut the actual creature Noah Wylie said that about, and showed the skitter not to spoil us. The skitter might have a slightly thicker torso than the others but like you say, not much different.

It says "the truth might be worse than our darkest fears." Intriguing! I'm glad they're giving us something big for the finale episodes!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, July 31, 2011 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lots of good stuff tonight! So the skitters are indeed a different species that the humanoid people harnessed, and the kiddies who have been harnessed the longest seem to have kept their harness in them, or an important part of it.

I really like this show!

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
Wow, good show last night.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I took the harness inside the skitter and the checking of Ben's back to mean that Ben was beginning to morph into a skitter. Noah says "it wasn't enough that they took him away once, now they are still trying".

There is also the suggestion that the aliens want to negotiate with the humans. Has the "new" bullet changed the balance of power? Now that the humans have the power to stop the mech, does this mean that the humanoids are inside? Are they flying the planes?

I don't want this to be the finale and I don't want to wait until next summer for season 2!!!!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah it's been way too short a season.

I don't think the humanoids can be inside the mechs because of what someone pointed out above: the humans have killed/destroyed mechs and they didn't see anything in them. But I presume the humanoids are controlling the mechs somehow, and the planes and so on, and through the harnesses are controlling the skitters.

Yes, I think the kids are turning into some sort of harness/human hybrid, but I don't think they'll turn into skitters, as the skitters were some other (enslaved) species. Pretty sure they're being enslaved like the skitters though.

I don't know why the "summer" shows are ending so early. Most of them seem to be finishing in the next couple of weeks. I hoped they'd go through to September.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Don't forget it's the TWO HOUR finale tonight, starting an hour early at 6 or 9!

Sandylee

05-07-2011

Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandylee a private message Print Post    
Well that was unexpected! Can't wait until next season!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's too long a wait! And it was too short a season. Definitely not enough Falling Skies!

My only complaint about tonight was seeing as the baddies had retreated, why didn't they at least go forward with one of the bombs? I guess they no longer had the man power? I liked how they looked at each other after the "lucky shot" like they couldn't believe it either!

And another thing I liked was how they shouted back at humanoid alien and ranted at him (actually it looked a bit like a her) about now (s)he wants to talk.

And another and.... and I'm not sure I'd be able to trust Rick, not that they have much choice to take him with them.

Good finale though not as exciting as last week's. Just wish we didn't have to wait another year!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, August 08, 2011 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I agree, waiting another 10 months to see what happens next is just wrong. I used to be a big Lost fan until they started putting big gaps of time between seasons. Then I didn't keep up with when it was on or off. Just totally lost interest. They really need to keep the series going.

Ritfie

05-09-2006

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ritfie a private message Print Post    
The final episode was like Close Encounters with a twist.

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
The ending was very much like Close Encounters. Of course both have Steven Spielberg in common.

Ritfie

05-09-2006

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ritfie a private message Print Post    
That is true! It's Spielberg's alien encounter for the 21st century. No more nice alien!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I agree with those who have said that it will be way too long bofore season 2. I hate gaps like this. I grew fond of the characters and I loved the story.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Don't forget this starts up again on Sunday, TWO hours!!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Yea, the start date for Season 2 is June 17th. Hopefully folks don't get confused by the thread title, which had it's start date last year on June 19. In fact, I think I'll go ask a Mod to edit the title!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Waiting for this with a smile...love this show

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think the listing actually shows two one- hour shows - for anyone setting their DVR. :-)

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 5:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the reminder. :-)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Through a bit of a mix up, we watched the second episode before the first. Luckily it wasn't that confusing, we just spent the whole episode wondering why they hadn't done any flashbacks about where Tom had been!

Good (real) first episode! The skitter and mechanoid obviously wanted Tom alive, so they must have some sort of plan for him. My dh thinks that eye worm recorded what Tom had seen, and now it's back in the skitter the skitter can see what he saw. If that's the case they shouldn't have gained much info, seeing as those plane things knew the gang were trying to cross the river anyway. Wonder other worms and things are in him.

Ben has slightly mastered not being Irish (or Boston-Irish), but only slightly. Bugs me every time he speaks!

eta: weird, just looked Ben up on imdb and he's Canadian! Plays to my ears as Irish every time. It's a strong accent, whatever it is.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Through a bit of a mix up, we watched the second episode before the first."

I did the same thing! LOL

As it turned out, I don't think it made much of a difference watching those two eps out of order. So many shows these days start out an episode with something big and then they spend the rest of the episode in a flashback, showing how they got to the part they were in when the episode started.

All in all, it was a great start to season two. What I want now is for them to capture one of those tall "boss' aliens and study him/her/it.