TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 21, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 21, 2012 users admin

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
LOL Kitt!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Comment on the Buffy-verse: I was really into it back in the day, and I've re-watched some of my favorite episodes since, but not in the last 3 or 4 years. I thought what really set it apart from other genre shows was the character depth beyond the leads, the extremely clever writing, and the expert casting. And they were bold enough to make Angel evil(temporarily), make Willow a murderer, make a soulless vampire(Spike) a regular and give him some of the most insightful dialogue of the whole series, and kill Buffy's mom. Looking back, I think the weak points were Season 4 and Season 6. The strongest seasons were 2, 3, and 5. Best villain was the Mayor, with Glory a fine runner-up.

I acutally logged on to comment on 2 really cool horror/sci-fi shows that have come our way in the last 8 months. The States gave us "American Horror Story" and the Brits gave us "The Fades"...two of the finest of their genre in my history of watching TV. I do really want to see the uncut version of The Fades. I'll be purchasing it on DVD when available.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Merlin just finished up another season. It's moving along nicely. Arthur has become King and finally married Guinivere. They made her dalliance with Lancelot an enchantment but didn't tell anyone. Interesting take...

Merlin's magic is still hidden from most of his friends, but he used it to kill Arthur's uncle and a group of his soldiers.

It's becoming a much more adult-oriented show. I hope we get a new season.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 2:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is it season 4 you've just seen, Lycan? Season 5 is filming now and will be shown in the UK in the autumn, so there must be more to come! I never got into it, though perhaps if I ever get through Buffy and Angel on Netflix I'll give it another try.

There's no sign of Doctor Who on the tv schedule for Easter, and no chatter about it, so I guess we will have to wait until the autumn for that too.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I can't keep track of the seasons of the cable shows. But if there are new shows airing in the fall, that's great!

Have you heard anything about Primeval??

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Lycanthrope, I love Merlin. I thought the season finale was really great. I like how they tend to wrap things up with each episode.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 1:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Still no word on Primeval except it will NOT be back in 2012, but maybe will in 2013. Part of the reason is there is a spin off, which should appear late this year, called New World. As far as I can tell it's a mostly Canadian production:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sara-canning-stars-canadian-primeval-297401

Andrew Lee Potts (Connor) is going to help the transition but I don't think he'll be a regular. They're already filming so I think that's definitely happening, to air late this year.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Smokey, ITA. Merlin has become one of my true favorite shows. It's got everything...action, intrigue, mystery, and really fantastic humor. Also has a great main villain.

Kitt, I look forward to the spinoff, but I'm not sure it was ready for one, really. We'll see. Kinda strange that a British show would produce a Canadian spinoff...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, April 06, 2012 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, the show wasn't even at its peak, although I am still enjoying it. Hopefully they'll do a good job though and it'll be something to watch.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Eureka is back next Monday, 9pm Syfy, with the start of 13 new episodes!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Btw, this is the fifth and FINAL SEASON of Eureka!

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, April 23, 2012 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
not sure if anyone here is a stargate atlantis fan or even a rodney fan but here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/user/h0rrid

david hewlett and his sister have been doing a sort of mini show.

I like some of the silliness.... like this video 'after stargate'
http://www.youtube.com/user/h0rrid/videos

sorry but i cracked right up at all of it

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching still watching Eureka?
Last half of the last season.
Freaky. Killed a character that I liked last night :-(

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, that was... unexpected. I guess with it being the end they can kill off whoever they like.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I am Kona. One of my fave shows, hate that it's ending. In plain sight as well. :-( haven't watched the most recent episode yet so thanks for not id'ing the fatality.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I keep seeing teasers on one station for a show called "Continuum" coming soon. Anyone know anything about this show? Is it currently on in the States?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 1:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'd never heard of "Continuim" but I found it on imdb.com.

Looks like it might be fun...but I don't know whether or not it will air in the USA.

Continuum will have its 2 hour premiere event on Showcase (Canada) on Sunday May 27th @9 PM.

"Continuum" (2012)

May 2012 (Canada)

Genre: Sci-Fi | Thriller

Plot:
A detective from the year 2077 who finds herself trapped in present day Vancouver, and searching for ruthless criminals from the future.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1954347/combined

-------------------

Continuum - 2 hour premiere May 27th + details on Future,Graphic Novel,Game and promotional photos

[Show info & photos]

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/continuum-2-hour-premiere-may-27th.html

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sanfran. I'm looking forward to it. Generally we get things airing here long after the US so I thought perhaps there would be more info out there. (eg, you know we just started seeing Season 1 of Justified, I think in the US it is on to 3!) Rarely do we get any shows on any station other than the big guys running parallel, very annoying.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There's going to be a new JJ Abrams' show starting in the fall, Mondays at 10pm on NBC. It's called Revolution: one day all the power goes out - everything electrical - and the series is set 15 years later when various factions have grown. There's a shiny thing on a necklace that might make it scifi, I'm not sure.

Anyway, long (4 minute) trailer and some other clips here:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/video/2012/05/13/video-clips-and-interviews-for-nbcs-revolution-plus-the-trailer-815415/20120513nbc09/

Just from the trailer I'm not entirely convinced it's my thing, even though I'm usually a JJ fan.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Kitt, that sounds a lot like S.M. Stirling's "Dies The Fire" novel series. One day in 1997, everything electrical fails and gunpowder no longer works, etc. Planes fall from the sky and society as we know it is reborn. I've always wanted HBO to take his novels and make them into a series or a miniseries or something. I'll definitely be watching this one.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
After watching the preview, I can see it's a very similar premise to Stirling's novels, but an entirely different story. This makes me look forward to the fall...with J.J. Abrams behind it, it should at least be intriguing and well written.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, whatever the subject, JJ Abrams makes it worth at least a try.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Looks like a cross between Jericho and Falling Skies. I like this stuff, but lately serial dramas have not done well on network tv. People have short attention spans and if they miss 1 episode, they may feel "why bother" and don't stick with it anymore. But helps is no flashbacks (that we know about).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sanctuary has been cancelled. Season 4 will be the last season.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Well, the cancelling of Sanctuary really doesn't make me real sad, even though I watch the show. I hated Eureka getting cancelled very much, but I ain't got as much emotion for Sanctuary. I like it, but after the first season it started drifting and once Ashley was gone, it lost something, IMHO. I'll miss it, but not nearly as much as I'll miss Eureka.