TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 31, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 31, 2012 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, May 06, 2012 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Dipo supposedly that weird stuff is the style.
Just like fashion these days. I don't think that's
How mainstream America thinks. Genevieve has
Always been out there but last night one of her
Rooms was particularily bizarre

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 06, 2012 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well Mythbusters fans, how disappointing was tonight's ep? Jamie and Adam did their whole thing of cannon shooting tests, and not a word about the accident last December. I wanted to see it :-(

In case you don't know what I am talking about, they accidentally shot a cannon through a populated town, and luckily didn't kill anybody. But they did do damage.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/12/06/BA1D1M99V5.DTL

I'm hoping that on the off chance, maybe they will have another cannon ep this season, but I doubt it. The only thing that gives me hope that maybe there will be another cannon ep is that the articles say they used water barriers, and in tonight's ep they used sand and cinder blocks.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
thanks Lakecat, I thought maybe I had lost my mind, that room was particularly bad, LOL.

Naja, My guess is they can't say anything, they are probably still being sued. But I have to admit that was the first thing I thought of when I saw the episode.

I really want to see the film of that cannon ball going out of the canyon and into the residential area, I just can't imagine how it did that.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja.. Sorry I havent been back in awhile.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I have been watching some old CSI Miami's on A&E; it is amazing how incompetent they portray these cops so the big guy, Horatio, can be the hero. I can usually suspend my belief in the lack of reality but these shows do stretch it a bit. In one they didn't notice a gun just outside the crime scene and in the other they didn't notice another body probably 10 feet from the original, and that guy was still alive. No wonder I don't normally watch this show, LOL.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dipo, you have to suspend ALL belief when watching CSI: Miami.

I will never forget a few seasons ago when Horatio called the office and told them he would be unavailable the rest of the day because he would be "deep undercover for about FOUR HOURS" - but he would be back by 5:00 p.m. LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ok, that it way too funny, Lexie.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Alcatraz and The Finder officially cancelled by Fox.

Touch is renewed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 11, 2012 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Is there a CSI: NY thread? I swear I was just reading some discussion aobut it sometime today. I am watching the show now and damn it sure does seem like they are setting it up for Mac, is that his name, to die.

But maybe not, since he seems to be waking up now, I guess I spoke too soon.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Johnny Carson bio is on PBS now. The Tonight Show turns 50 this year.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I have set up the DVR to record it this weekend. Too much else going on! I saw Ebert mention this and it's certainly something I want to watch.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Dipo, it was on the bubble and it looked like they did a series ending show, but it got renewed.

I can't help but wonder if they got the news it was renewed during the filming of the last episode and if it was cancelled, they would have had Mac die.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Anybody watching the new HBO shows Girls and VEEP? I like them both,especially VEEP. Im betting its more true to life than we think. I also love to see what clothes Julia Loiue Dreyfess is wearing in each scene.

Kc103

07-13-2004

Sunday, May 20, 2012 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kc103 a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a nice send-off to Kristen Wiig last night on SNL. Also enjoyed Mick Jagger with Arcade Fire.

Libshea

08-31-2006

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Libshea a private message Print Post    
Lakecat: I really enjoy Girls, it's so refreshing to see realistic looking women -- but I could hardly watch Veep. I was very disappointed, as I love Julia Louise. Have you watched all the episodes? Maybe it gets better?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
tHE REVIEWERS werent too thrilled w/VEEP either. I like JLD and Im into politics so I guess thats why I like it.I think its funny that the President has absolutely nothing to do with her. I doubt we will ever see him on camera.
The main character on Girls is so unlikeable, but then she is.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Few years ago I bought DVD box set of first season of St. Elsewhere. Because looks like not releasing any more seasons, I bought bootleg set of whole series. I'm into beginning of 2nd season. Some very dramatic story arcs so far I'd forgotten. Just watched a shocker! St. Elsewhere and China Beach are my two all-time favorite shows.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy Cow!! I am watching a marathon of Perry Mason on Hallmark Movie Channel and DAMN, Betty Davis is playing an attorney. Totally threw me when I heard her voice, took me a minute to get the name with the face. Amazing!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Single Ladies premiers NOW, but what the heck happened to Stacy Dash!!! How did she leave the show, does anyone know what is going on?! I was so looking forward to the show and now I am totally confused.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch the 20/20 special with Katie Couric on the Queen's Jubilee? Wasn't sure where to post it, so I came here. I thought it was well-done, with lots of archival footage as well as present-day interviews.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes. Very good. Well done, Katie. Will watch GMA next Monday and Tuesday and music show next Tuesday evening.

I am a Katie fan. Anxious for her new daytime talk show starting this fall.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping this is a sign of good things to come.

If you have comcast as your tv/internet provider, you can watch ESPN live online now.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/espn

I'm hoping this leads to more "legit" live stations streamed online by everybody's tv providers. This quality sure is nicer than most of those places we aren't allowed to post here.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Anyone else watch the "Mermaids" documentary. Pretty freakin' compelling. It's on right now on Animal Planet. I tuned in to watch a show about killer catfish, and Mermaids: The Body Recovered came on. I'd heard about it, so I left it on the channel, and all the scientific stuff and evidence is very convincing to make one believe that a humanoid entity evolved living in the deep sea...and we're really only discovering it now, but evidence has been there for a few centuries. Very fascinating! There will be a fictional movie in a few years based on this documentary.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Sounds interesting Lycanthrope.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Most interesting, Rieann. Most people won't believe it for a second, but if your mind is open, it'll give you chills. It's 2 hours well spent watching this show. I've been cursed/blessed with a pretty open and vivid imagination...but you need to have a strong stomach/heart because there are a lot of scenes of whale death due to Navy sonar testing, and it is extremely sad.