TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 31, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Person Of Interest: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 31, 2012 users admin

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Lexie_g I am thinking g the same thing about Alicia.
... But what message did Reese get when he picked up the pay phone?
Whose office was Zoe in? Was that the Doc. Did Zoe say the Doc plotted her own hit?
Why didn't the Doc go to meet Finch at the car, she never showed. (I have to watch it again) like 3 plots in one.
Reese went back to the loft and couldn't figure out what to do with the equipment. Didn't Finch say the machine will react a certain way if Finch isn't around.
Do we know what Root is up to. ( I think Alicia tried to disconnect the machine )
THE FRIGHTENED LOOK ON FINCH FACE said it all!
I now cannot live without the machine. Lol

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie, Alicia only knew that Finch worked for Ingram, not that he knew about the machine. That's why the 7/8 comment was made.

Zoe did say that the Doc/Root planned her own hit. The Doc did show up at the car eventually, but after Alicia did.

The episode "Root Cause" is being repeated next Thursday.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, that's my point (kind of). If Alicia knew that Finch worked for Ingram as his "IT guy," it would be reasonable to assume that Finch knew about the machine; however, Alicia didn't know that Finch created the machine. That's why I think Doc/Root is the 8th person to know about the machine.

This is like debating a flash-foward/flashback/flash-sideways in Lost - LOL.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Trini, Doc/Root did go to meet Finch in the car - that's when she killed Alicia.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie, from what I'm reading on other boards, convos between Finch and Ingram indicate that Ingram was trying to protect Finch from the FBI, by not letting them know he was involved. That's why Finch had to leave the room when Ingram met with Alicia and Weeks. :-)

We'll have to watch for that show to be repeated, I guess, to settle it.

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
omg Lexi_g Doc/Root is one and the same? have to watch it again... she looked different. (so her # came up?) Yet Finch was aware of Root and had he figured it out...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yes, Trini, that's correct. The psychologist and Root were the same person.

Finch did not know who Root was, apparently. He does now!

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
remember in the episode with Root (with the hands)at the end lol. Didn't Finch know about the hacker called Root?

I had this sad feeling i would never see Finch again...

Glenn

07-05-2003

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenn a private message Print Post    
So we are left with questioning whether or not the machine can think. Alan Turing had a test for that.

We now have a name for root. It is Caroline Turing. I want Zoe to have a few minutes with her to find out just what Caroline is so angry about.

I was glad to see Zoe again but I will be upset if Zoe and John get a romance thing going on. One of the things I enjoy about this show is that everyone can focus on their job and not be distracted by personal relationships of the romantic kind. I hope John Reese is taking note of how Rick Castle has ruined everything by professing his love of Beckett.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Trini, Finch knew about there was a hacker named Root, of course. He did not know the psychologist was Root.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    

Glenn

07-05-2003

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenn a private message Print Post    
You can tell a lot about a person by the gun they carry.

Root used a Heizer double tap which is the latest in concealed carry handguns. It is a hammerless design with two rounds in the chamber and another two rounds stored in the grips. You have a choice of titanium or aluminum for the frame. Pick your choice of .45 acp or 9 mm. The gun is not much larger than a smart phone.

You have to have a lot of confidence if you are holding a gun with effectively two rounds.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Root does seem to have that confidence.

(Anyone besides me just a little nervous about Glenn?)

:-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
LOL Christy! I'm going to choose to believe Glenn is in law enforcement, or something. :-)

Interesting info Glenn!

Glenn

07-05-2003

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenn a private message Print Post    
Brenda, it was my brother who was in law enforcement. I seem to have taken the path of law disregardment.

The information about Ms Turing's gun was something I found online and found interesting because the gun is not even available to purchase. It is still in production with a boat load of gun nuts waiting to have one.

It is very true in my opinion that you can tell a lot about a person by their choice in guns and this was a perfect fit for the character. I enjoy the idea that the writers seem to put a lot of thought in the choices they make for the characters. First the use of Root, who then uses the name Turing (which we don't know if it is her real name or not) and they both have meanings for the world of computing.

Since there will be a few months before we find out more about Root/Turing, does anyone want to speculate how she will fit into the story.

Is her motive revenge for parent done wrong by Finch and his machine. Will she have some connection to the woman that was recently introduced as Finch's girlfriend. Is her connection to the son of Nathan Ingram.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 4:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Glenn, that's why I keep thinking Root is the eighth person to know about the machine. Maybe the machine didn't save someone she loved?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Just for fun, PofI trivia

I got 10 out of 10 (but it's pretty easy!)

http://www.cbs.com/shows/finales_2012/trivia/?game=112641

Glenn

07-05-2003

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenn a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I went back through this thread and did some rereading. The way you are hanging on to the idea of Root being the 8th person reminds me of a pitbull with a special bone. I have no problem with letting either one of you keeping it.

Let's go with Root being the 8th person. Do you think Root had knowledge of all the other 7. Do you think she knew who Alicia was before she shot her. I am undecided if Root shot Alicia because she was threatening Finch and Root wanted to protect Finch at the moment. It is easy to think that she is a threat to Finch because of what has happened so far, but what if we are being a bit misled by assuming too much.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
LOL Glenn. I'll let Lexie have the bone cuz I still think Finch is person #8. I think Root may have accidentally stumbled onto the machine when she was hacking. I really have no clue who she is or what she wants.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 1:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
FYI - the episode named "Root Cause" (a repeat) airs Thursday night (May 31).

I believe that's the episode that introduced the mysterious character named "Root", who was finally revealed in the season finale.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
My DVR is loaded up ready to record.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks y'all. I'm actually enjoying chewing on my bone. This is the same bone that I chewed on during six seasons of Lost only to be proven wrong about 80% of the time.

I have no idea whether or not Root knew Alicia, but she didn't need to kidnap two people which is why she shot Alicia as soon as she got in the car.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I scored 9 out of 10 on that quiz. Thank goodness one of the questions wasn't "Who is the eighth person to know about the machine?" LOL

Trini

07-06-2004

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
What do you know, the quiz is not opening in for canadian region...

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Root does seem to have that confidence.

(Anyone besides me just a little nervous about Glenn?)

Oh geez, Christy...I was eating some ice cream and enjoying readiong of all the posts, including Glen's, and your post made me laugh so hard I dripped ice cream on my keyboard. (It was either that or choke.)

LOL @ Lexie..you are too much. I'm going to have to go back and rewatch the Root Cause episode. I'm too late to see SanFran's notice tonight.

I'm just not sure if Alicia was a threat to Finch or whether she just wanted some answers.

I have but one question. Will the Root Cause episode help us/me figure out if A) There are 7 or 8 who know and B) If Finch is the 8th?