TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 13, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Mad Men: Archive through May 13, 2012 users admin

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
just wanted to add the song at the end, was one of my all time favorite songs when I was a child. I just loved Dusty Springfield

Jennywa

07-17-2003

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jennywa a private message Print Post    
I always use my DVR so I can FF commercials. the only exception is the Super Bowl!
I wasn't that impressed when I first watched it, but I've been thinking about it ever since. I think they set up many possible story lines.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Beth4freedom stated:
Best of the storylines and the one that really grabbed my attention all the way through was Joan's.

Yes, Beth, she was great. Loved her one liner to the receptionist when the gal kept saying she was nobody.

The last girl who sat in that chair ended up with everything

(Or something to that effect) She was talking about Meghan.

I never saw how she explained the timing of the baby's birth to her husband. It sounds like she is passing it off as his, right? I thought last season she told Roger it would be hard to pass it off as her husband's.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
MM always starts slow but I think this season premiere seemed extra slow with the 2+ hour running time plus all the commercials. Am I the only one who sorta missed the little notes they used to have about the commercials?

Even though they mentioned Don's real identity, I missed his flashbacks. Don's not as interesting without his secrets. And I hope Peggy gets more to do this season. Though I did like that awkward scene between her and Pete and Joan's baby. Actually, I think Pete kinda saved this episode.

I liked Meagan's song (of course I did, it was in French) though her hand going down there was a little bit much with all those other people there. But the scene of her cleaning up in her undies wasn't sexy, it was tacky. The way it was filmed, I mean. And MM should never be tacky! Roger & Jane's exchange at the party was funny. "Why don't you sing like her?" "Why don't you look like him?".

When Joan (please come back full time!) said she knew a secretary who got everything was she talking about Jane, Meagan, or Peggy? Or someone else?

Interested to see how Betty is.

ETA: Oh, I see Cricket says it was Meagan whom Joan meant.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I thought she was talking about Peggy because remember Peggy started out as a receptionist and Joan was her boss and they had a very difficult relationship.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Sunday, April 01, 2012 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
She was definitely talking about Megan. Peggy does not have everything in the way that Megan does. Peggy had to work her way up and it was just handed to Megan by Don.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
How come Betty got so heavy. I didnt even recognize the actress.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Maris, January Jones was far into her real life pregnancy when this season started filming. They scripted around the weight gain by giving Betty the thyroid tumor.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I think Betty is lying about it being benign because of the other lady saying at lunch that it was easier that way.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Thanks Snoop.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
January Jones was wearing a fat suit....just like Peggy did in season 1 or 2. There were times that when Betty was speaking, I could see that parts of her lower face and neck just didn't move quite right. Even when the doctor pressed her neck during the exam, her neck seemed too "solid" to have been a real flash and blood neck.

Aha! I found sources that confirms my observation:

Fat suit-wearing January Jones returns to 'Mad Men' in a really big way

LINK to theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com

and...

January Jones Wears Fat Suit on "Mad Men" Debut

http://www.toofab.com/2012/04/02/january-jones-fat-suit-mad-men-video/

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I thought so too Sanfran, thanks for the work to find out for sure. I've seen pap pics of her around the pregnancy and she did not look like the Betty that we saw on Sunday.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Also, the naked lady getting out of the bathtub was a body double.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I've been watching the series on Netflix since last week sometime. I'm almost done with Season 4 and will catch up with Season 5 online by the end of the week.

I just don't get all the hype about Don Draper that I've been reading for that last several years. Sure, he's good looking; but all I see is a big, giant, self-important jack@@@. I loved Betty until this season when she turned into a witch. I loved that she was strong enough to take on Don more than once and my favorite episode was when she made Don tell her who he really was. But since then, she's been awful.

All that said, I'm glad I've been watching and look forward to being caught up in the next day or so.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Last night's show was eery for me as I have been trying to forget about those horrific Chicago murders. AND I really thought Don had strangled that woman....glad it was a dream.

Kc103

07-13-2004

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kc103 a private message Print Post    
I was a bit baffled by most of last night's show. Maybe I need to watch it again?

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Did you listen to the words of the song at the end? "He hit me (and it felt like a kiss." I read the Wiki on the song because I couldn't believe there actually was a song with this theme. It was interesting as it was written with the intent of bringing abuse up as an issue, but most stations pulled it within weeks because they got so many complaints about it.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Good episide! I remember the Richard Speck murders. The nation was horrified and people were scared. This show is so authentic. I thought Don Draper actually strangled that woman too. Betty's mother-in-law is a piece of work isn't she.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
Last night, more so than any other episode, I got the feeling this show intentionally is written with heavy symbolism (like an Ingmar Bergman movie), only I'm not getting the imagery.

Kathi25

05-13-2008

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kathi25 a private message Print Post    
I missed a few episodes this season and have been trying to find them online, but no luck. Can anyone tell me where I can find the episodes? Most sites are just teasers and it ends up being simple clips, but not the full episodes.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
You can watch them here

This is my favorite site. Works great if you have good ad blockers.

Kathi25

05-13-2008

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kathi25 a private message Print Post    
thank you!!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I loved Sunday's show. It's about time Pete got his comeuppance. I LOVE the character Roger. John Slattery (Roger) actually directed that episode. He was on WWHL the other night.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, April 23, 2012 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Interesting take on the show last night. The same timeframe as experienced by three different employees. Was creeped out by Peggy's actions, laughed at most of Roger's trip, and was disgusted by Don's behavior. Although, I gained a lot more respect for both Meagan & Jane (whom I have never once liked).

Roblover

05-17-2011

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Is there a place on line to watch episodes? I have missed a few this year. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.