TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 19, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 19, 2012 users admin

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
We already had a season of Derek rehabilitating his hand. Will next season be more about the newest interns?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Most likely the positions they were offered will be retracted so they'll have to stay right where they are while they rehabilitate. Also, I think April will now have a job there even without passing the boards. Teddy will have to stay. They will have all the drama of are they ready to operate, yes they are/no they aren't. Mark will have a breakdown... etc....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 11:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The cliffhanger wasn't a surprise.. it was filmed before some key players had signed new contracts (see spoiler thread if you want some measure of closure) and this left the option in several or any cases.

After the preview Lexi didn't look too good, so I wasn't totally surprised.

Sigh.. just realized that I automatically deleted after watching and really wanted to have another look since my cat was acting up the whole way through which was pretty distracting.

I would think that Meredith and Derek would be staying and Christina. (I still hope Teddy will go, but I suspect that speculation is right, drat).

Karev will stay because Arizona will be laid up..

The bit where Owen ignored all his messages is ridiculous.. the chief would have someone monitoring the phones, I am sure, and taking messages.. and then, as Christina expected, he would have known there was a problem sooner and sent out a search sooner.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 12:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
UPDATE: After the West Coast airing, here is what Rhimes shared on Twitter about writing out Leigh and Raver:

Callie said it best tonight: Life changes in an instant. Turns on a dime.

This finale was incredibly hard to write. I did not enjoy it. It made me sick and it made me sad. We end the season not knowing ANYTHING about the future. Except for two things. We know we are definitely saying goodbye to two of my favorite people: Chyler Leigh (Lexie) and Kim Raver (Teddy).

I know this season’s finale had some surprises for viewers and the exit of Kim Raver was one of the big ones. But Kim’s series option was up and she was ready to give Teddy Altman a much-needed vacation. It’s been a pleasure working with someone as talented and funny and kind as Kim; everyone is going to miss her terribly. I like to imagine that Teddy is still out there in the Grey’s Anatomy universe, running Army Medical Command and building a new life.

I love Chyler and I love the character of Lexie Grey. She was an important member of my Grey’s family. This was not an easy decision. But it was a decision that Chyler and I came to together. We had a lot of thoughtful discussion about it and ultimately we both decided this was the right time for her character’s journey to end. As far as I’m concerned Chyler will always remain a part of the Shondaland family and I can’t wait to work with her again in the future.

I’d write more but I’m honestly too sad. I don’t like life changing in an instant and turning on a dime.

http://tvline.com/2012/05/17/greys-anatomy-season-8-finale-death/

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I'm glad that Teddy is gone. I was sort of on the fence about her anyways, but I don't think she's added anything since her husband died.

I don't really care much about Lexi. The angsty "I'm in love with Mark" line had gotten really REALLY old. He needed to move on (as he had), and there was no way he would if she was still around.

I also wish that Owen would bail. I don't like him as a chief, and I don't see the chemistry between him and Christina.

I haven't watched the finale yet but... If the entire next season is going to be recovering from a major tragedy (as the shoot 'em up episode was), then I may be writing this show out of my life.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
The person recovering from the hand a few years ago wasn't Derek, it was Christina's ex...name is eluding me.

I'm so very sad about Lexie. She was one of my favorite characters and I'm really going to miss her a ton.

I'm actually doing a happy dance that Shonda confirmed that Teddy really will be gone. I haven't liked her since Day 1 and have been waiting for her to leave ever since.

Costa, I couldn't agree more about Owen. He needs to at least leave the post of Chief. I think I said up there somewhere that he's not a good chief. The only good Chief is The Chief and he needs to take his job back.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I agree Owen is not a very good chief, but I love him and don't want him to go.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Boo. I liked Lexie and Chyler Leigh. What BS. Now, next season we'll have Mark dealing with what's her name that wants to have his baby. Was this a budget decision or what? I get so mad at Shonda sometimes!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Perhaps Chyler Leigh has more opportunities, or she wants more time to be with her children. I'm sorry for Meredith's character myself...she just gets a decent member of her family and now the girl dies...it took long enough for Meredith to accept that she had extended family!

Derek having to break his own hand to get it out of the piece of wreckage was brutal...especially considering he is a surgeon. Of course it was his left hand...does anybody know if he is left or right handed?

I have always been disappointed when my favorite characters left a show, but then again doing the thing that goes against the grain is what keeps a show interesting. If nobody ever left there wouldn't ever be a need for change and it would get stagnant.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I'm pretty sure he's right-handed but I could be wrong.

Well, I cried when Lexie died. I know I am a big pushover but it was said watching Mark tell her he loved her and how they were going to be together and have kids.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Is it just me, or is the actor that plays Mark looking thinner and not well over the last several episodes? He just seems too skinny and gaunt, and a big change over how he looked before.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
It's not just you Karunna. I always thought Eric Dane was handsome, but that he looked very old for his age (39). This season he looks terrible. Wonder if it's related to his rehab for prescription drug addiction?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, I didn't know he had an addiction issue. That might explain it. He just looks sickly to me, not handsome like I always thought.

Thanks for the info!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Perhaps after his battle with skin cancer he is trying to take better care of himself.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, I didn't know he had skin cancer either! You all are much better informed than me.

Maybe the skin cancer treatment caused the weight loss, it often does. But he doesn't look well, so I don't think it's about taking better care of himself. He looks a little sickly.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
He started looking sickly at the beginning of last season. I think it's a combination of both the skin cancer and the drug use. And add to that the fact that last night his hair looked dyed and like the dye was running, I thought he looked awful (plane crash aside).

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
He also now has two children, two and 5 months, so that probably keeps him going. I don't like the dye job on his hair though.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Okay, here's the other thing that I find unrealistic about the whole plane crash thing (besides the fact that Hunt refused all phone calls)...don't most modern airplanes come with a transponder that lets air traffic control know where they are at all times? Or at least when they aren't where they are supposed to be?

Oh well, here I go again, trying to make reason out of the unreasonable...LOL!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Yes, Roxip, and that is why they also file flight plans. And, the flare gun not working...come on!

All I kept thinking of was how different this plane crash scene was from the one that began "LOST"........

I hope I never experience what it would really be like.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"...don't most modern airplanes come with a transponder that lets air traffic control know where they are at all times?"

The pilot told Arizona (I think it was when he was talking to Arizona, but it may have been Christina) that there was a transponder that should be "squelching" out their location. Of course, the transponder could have been in a part of the plane that broke off in the sky and landed a few miles away.

For all we know, they may have only been in the forest a couple of hours....and they did hear a helicopter shortly before the episode ended.

They'll do just fine stranded in that forest until the fall season premiere. (Their dressing room/trailers are probably parked right out of frame.)

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
Spit-take, SanFran!

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Started to watch last night on my On Demand, but turned it off. Too much yelling, blood and too "Lost like"...not a good way to end the season. Those people are not that good at acting.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The first scene with Meredith was a direct nod to Lost...so much like the first scene with Jack. I would think that they left early in the day if they were going to do a long surgery...and it was nighttime by the end of the show. But what the heck...I guess we will find out next fall. And glad to know they will have food service until then.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
wow I just checked out Chyler on Wiki and am amazed that she has 3 children, she is only 30 but of course I had 3 children by the time I was 30 also but she looks so young, maybe 30 is young...lol. I liked her and hope good things for her.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
It was Burke.