TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 15, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: NCIS: Archive through May 15, 2012 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, Kappy, that is so interesting because I just don't like her on the show. Haven't been able to put my finger on it but she just bugs me in this role.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I'm not a fan of her either. I just don't see the chemistry between her character and Gibbs. It feels forced to me. Like "this season, lets give Gibbs someone to knock boots with, oh, I know, let's do another gray haired person!".

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That must be it, LOL, he only dates redheads, that is why it feels wrong to me, LOL.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Kappy - there isn't a separate NCIS:LA thread - so both seem to get talked about in here.

I'm not a fan of the JLC character either. Something just doesn't seem right with her for some reason.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I am not a big fan of the JLC character with Gibbs either and kinda wonder if she is going to turn out to be a bad guy...well, bad woman.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching my tape and I am thinking you are correct Roblover, I think she is one of the bad guys, she has some sort of secret agenda.

Serate

08-21-2001

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That must be it, LOL, he only dates redheads, that is why it feels wrong to me, LOL.

I keep waiting for them to show a flashback to earlier in her career, and she has flaming red hair! lol

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I can no longer watch this show with my husband, because I ruin it for him by complaining about Jamie Lee Curtis...I HATE her in this show. She's ruining it. So...now I have to copy it on DVD for him so I can ff through her. It was so nice not having her on a week or so ago. She just doesn't fit with him or the show.

I definitely agree she isn't a good guy and can't believe he's being fooled by her...if he is.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Mark Harmon was her love interest in the movie, Freaky Friday. They know each other...but I don't like them together on NCIS. There doesn't seem to be any chemistry...it's all just too awkward for me. And I wish Jimmy would get married already, I'm sick of the side plot of his bachelor party and other marriage stuff. That's not what I watch this show for.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
question about NCIS Los Angeles....does anyone watch it???

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I used to watch NCIS LA, but I haven't watched it at all this season. I started to watch it the night it was the second half of the Hawaii Five-0 episode, but I turned it off after a couple of minutes.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I was just wondering if I would have to go all the way back to season 1 to be able to follow it, or if I could just catch this season. It was that night, Merrysea that captured my interest LOL

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Jimmy's bachelor party angst has bored me to tears already. Jamie Lee Curtis just irritates me, and I really REALLY tried to see chemistry between her and Gibbs last week. And failed!

Scoots, I watch NCIS: LA and love it. And no, you don't have to watch the entire first season to get it. You'll have some moments where you are confused (like the relationship Deeks and Kensie have) but otherwise, mostly each episode is a standalone story. Unless it's part deux of a "to be continued" story.

I really do enjoy watching NCIS: LA. It's not nearly as dark as NCIS, the characters are completely different, as is their dynamic. And the scenery is just so lovely (not that I've got preferences over my almost neck o' the woods, but, oh, yeah, I do!).

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Great to hear Costa! I'll set my DVR to pick it up from the beginning of this season. I really enjoyed it when I watched the episode with the Hawaii 5-0 crossover...I enjoyed the characters.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
scoot, I watch it all the time, you can probably pick it up where it is now, and just ask any questions if they refer to something you don't get. I really like the show, so if you enjoy watching from the begining then you can go back and watch the old episodes. I am not sure how long it has been on now that I think about it.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Yeah Jimmy's bachelor party planning was a bore but I liked how they ended up using it, that was creative.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
But that wasn't his real bach party... that was just a fake diversion! Abby was still planning his real party, remember?

Scoots, I think you'll really enjoy NCIS: LA. So watch, and ask away!!!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
NCIS: LA is great. When they started doing crossovers with H50, I was surprised but happy. Usually a show that does crossovers only does them with one show. NCIS: LA has now done multiple crossovers with NCIS and H50. I'd like to see them interact with the BAU from Criminal Minds...

Some things to know for a beginner to NCIS: LA -

It's an ensemble, but centers around G and Sam. G Callen does not know his given first name. He grew up in foster care. Turns out, his grandfather was OSS during WWII and killed many members of the Comescu crime family, who retaliated by killing the grandfather, and swearing a blood vendetta against the entire Callen line. We've learned that his mother was CIA, and her handler was Callen's current boss, Hetty. Callen's mother was assasinated by the Comescu family, and Hetty blames herself for not being able to save her. That's why she's got a special place in her heart for G. Callen's father to this point I think, remains unknown, but it is believed that he is the one who got G and his sister out of Romania and into the U.S. It is believed right now that Callen's sister is also dead. Sam is an ex-Navy seal who is married with kids, but we've only seen his wife once in the 3 seasons that this has been on.

The other two field agents are also intregal to the team dynamic. Kensi and Deeks will probably eventually end up together, but they'll drag it out for a while. Kensi had a Marine father who taught her a lot of the things that boys are normally taught as she was growing up. Her dad was murdered by a fellow Marine when she was 15 and earlier this season the case was finally closed. Deeks is actually an LAPD detective, who specialized in undercover ops because he didn't really fit in with his cop brethren. He now works as liason to NCIS's LA branch, and operates as Kensi's partner. He also has a law degree, but that doesn't come up very often.

Eric and Nell are the techies, and ridiculously good at their job, much like McGee and Abby on NCIS and Garcia on Criminal Minds. And of course they like each other and would like a more "personal" relationship, but they dance around it.

I won't say anything about Hetty, or Henrietta Lang. She needs no explanation.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I love me some Hetty. She's always got the best one-liners!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Hetty is the prime reason that I got hooked on NCIS Los Angeles.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
So that didn't get cancelled I never could get into NCSI NY I thought Hetty was in that glad she in this one I watch it when it comes back on.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
MCIS Los Angeles is a two-hour finale tonight. Of course it conflicts with Fashion Star's finale on NBC. At least NBC's shows are available the next day on their site. I will also have to catch up with a two-hour Glee but I have to wait eight days to see that one.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
there was an NCIS new york or did you mean CSI NY? I couldn't get into the CSI NY either.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Explosions galore all week for all finales! And at least one person must die or appear to be near dying. Did the same writer do all these shows?

Okay, okay - so no one else likes Jamie Lee Curis, lol. I also think she's the bad guy so maybe she won't be around long. Heck, maybe she stays inside building while everyone else evacuates tonight!

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
NCIS and Bones are making me crazy!