TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 06, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 06, 2012 users admin

Mictay

09-29-2006

Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Foolscap it's such a great show!! I went and looked up info on it and it did get picked up for a third season but it said late 2012 or early 2013....I wonder why such a long hiatus?!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else try to watch Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23 last night? About 15 minutes in I turned it off and deleted the timer on my DVR. It was trying way to hard to be shocking and it came across as just plain stupid and unfunny. So bad that I didn't want to start a thread.

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it, though it did remind me of Two Broke Girls

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I taped it and haven't watched it yet. I'm looking forward to James Van der Beek making fun of himself.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I watched it and thought it was okay. The Beek cracked me up. "Don't be a blonde dude in a Vietnamese prison."

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I thought "Don't trust the B..."it was funny.

Of course, I'm a fan of the actress that plays the "B..." She played the girlfriend of Jesse Pinkman on "Breaking Bad".

And Van Der Beek was hilarious!

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know why Criminal Minds is not on Demand? Thanks

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Titanic mini-series on ABC--anyone watching? I found it massively confusing and tuned out after the first hour and then checked in for the end of the third episode. There were SO many characters that I couldn't keep up--and then the time-line was so poorly done. They talk about stopping in Ireland and never do (at least in first hour); and I was amazed when they first hit the iceberg. Couldn't possibly have been four days by my count.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Beth, I tuned out after 20 or 25 minutes, also. I did skip through in 5 minute increments to the end of the first 3 hour night, and nothing in those 5 minute increments inclined me to stay and watch awhile except for when they actually hit the iceberg. And I thought even that part was dull.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Saggkl, I don't know why Criminal Minds isn't in On-demand, but Kitt pointed out in the CM thread that CBS has very recently started putting the eps online.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/criminal_minds/

I think that may be a good sign that they will be putting in our on-demand soon.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm getting a lot of credit for the link, but it was Milosmom who first posted it ;).

Watch out if you are relying on CBS episodes online though, they disappear sooner than hulu ones, some seem to only have the last three episodes.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Well, CBS is first and foremost a TV network. I would guess they would much rather you watch their show on your TV and help the rating, but that is just a guess.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Does it annoy anyone else that on some series you can't watch it the next day on-line? You have to wait a week or be a member of a special cable or dish network.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The other networks all do it though, Lazylu, CBS seemed to be the one holdout until this year.

I hate it when I can't see it next day online, House and Bones are the ones that get me the most. Bones I put up with as dh doesn't watch it and I can wait, but I make a point to record House on Monday night over things like DWTS which are available online next day. So I guess Fox wins for inconveniencing me!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
That's too bad, CBS has the best shows too. I guess I am not that into TV, if I miss something, oh well it will be in a rerun soon. I have never watched a show on-line. That's just me though. There are some shows I would hate to miss.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I can't stand the thought of sitting at my desk watching a TV show online. There's nothing like laying on the couch with my pillow and blankie and my Lucy_Cat. There is a reason my DVR is always overloaded - there are some nights I'm recording from 7:00 to 11:00 p.m.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
One thing about watching online is an hour show only takes 38-42 minutes versus the hour of watching it live.

But that does annoy me about House, I taped it lat time and the tape ran out so I need to watch about the last 15-20 minutes and I am still waiting to see it online. Annoying.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 12:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks for reminding me, I went and watched the last end of the show.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
At another TV show board I belong, we had a question asking which button on our remote control we use the most. And tons of us with comcast DVRs answered "The 30 second skip".

Then a whole bunch of other comcast people said they don't have a 30 second skip button.

Well that's because you have to program it yourself.

Here's the instructions in case anybody needs them.

http://www.pdxtc.com/wpblog/technology-articles/comcast-remote-30-second-skip-commercials-motorola-dct3412/

I assigned that command to the tiny button on the lowest left of the silver remote, the one under "picture in picture". You can choose whichever button you want, but make sure it's a button you NEVER use for anything else.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I don't understand, Naja. Another TV show board?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Is it just me or have the decorators on HGTV gone crazy? I was just watching Geniveeve (sp), and her rooms are just starting to look like crazy clutter with conflicting patterns all over the place. And David B is doing some really odd stuff out there in Miami.

I like to watch these shows to get some ideas for my home and I swear, they are just awful these days.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, May 06, 2012 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If anyone hasn't seen season two of Sherlock it starts on PBS tonight (don't know if it's all areas??) at 9-10.30pm. The next two episodes of the short series are on the next couple of Sundays.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, May 06, 2012 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I can't wait!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, May 06, 2012 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Yay!! Thanks for the reminder!