TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 16, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 16, 2012 users admin

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Previews for final three episodes of The Good Wife:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_good_wife/video/2217715643/the-good-wife-on-the-line

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
YAY! Peter finally grew a pair and put his mother in her place. Of course, watching some preview clips looks like she's about to have a heart attack or stroke or something and he's going to probably feel guilty. But at least someone finally gave her her comeuppance.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Sure, it happened about 5 minutes after I hit enter.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Best show on TV?

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Agree,boy Jackie is something I am wondering is she leaving the show? You knew something had to happen at the end.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think it is one of the best show on TV . Always interesting plots, good writers, good cast and you never know for sure where it is heading.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I kinda thought Jackie was faking it? I could see her knowing somebody in hospital administration and "borrowing" a bed for a while.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think she is faking it too. She can tell them one side of her body went numb for a period of time and she couldn't talk, or move that side. She is the prosecuting attorney's mother, they would probably admit her for tests.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
It was truly funny when she was telling Peter that Alicia was trying to manipulate him. Jackie is the queen of manipulation. The way she looked at Alicia in the hospital after she "forgave" Alicia was just saying that she - Jackie - would always win no matter what.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I agree Mamabatsy, she is a nasty woman. The look was evil that she gave Alica.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
When she motioned for Alicia to come closer, I was sure that she was going to say, "I win." LOL Turns out she didn't say that but it looked to me like that's exactly what she meant!

I was thinking she was faking, too, but then I thought the doctors would be able to tell. I'm pretty sure one cannot fake a heart attack and fool a doctor but I really don't know about a stroke.

Can one fake a stroke and fool doctors? Are there definitive (and objective) tests to diagnosis a stroke?

I'm hoping that Jackie gets in deep doo-doo for using Peter and Alicia's kids' trust fund to put a down payment on that house. Hey, they can treat a "stroke" in prison can't they?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Faking it = faking it to Alicia and Peter and "borrowing" a bed in the hospital = she is not sick, not trying to feign illness to docs, just spending time in the hospital to further the fake to Alicia and Peter.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
They use ultra sound to check your arteries in regards to a stroke.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
With a patient Jackie's age they would keep her for a while to find out what is causing the "symptoms" she's reported even if they determined it wasn't really a stroke. She could get several days there while they rule out everything that could possibly be wrong, especially if she has good insurance.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
They might do a MRI or something like that to see if she had a brain bleed. I would assume she is on Medicare, so unless she has an excellent supplemental policy she just might have to borrow more money from the kids trusts to pay her bill.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Faking it = faking it to Alicia and Peter and "borrowing" a bed in the hospital = she is not sick, not trying to feign illness to docs"

I'm sure a lot of people would get fired for creating a conspiracy to allow someone to pose as a patient, occupy a room, use other valuable resources like the heart monitor, etc.., and have nurses checking in on her just so she can trick her son, her daughter-in-law, and her grandchildren.

Besides, what nurses and other hospital staff would be stupid enough to try to trick the District Attorney and possible future governor into believing his mother was that sick? That's just begging for big trouble.

I think The Good Wife writers are lot smarter and much more creative than to resort to such an unlikely soap opera cliche.

JMO

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I can't see anyone borrowing a bed in a hospital either. What a way for the hospital to lose money and the staff to lose their jobs. JMO2

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I'm sure a lot of people would get fired for creating a conspiracy to allow someone to pose as a patient, occupy a room, use other valuable resources like the heart monitor, etc.., and have nurses checking in on her just so she can trick her son, her daughter-in-law, and her grandchildren.

But they'd be in worse trouble if they let a patient who complained about stroke symptoms leave without testing further if it didn't turn out to be a stroke.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I would think if you are paralyzed, unable to talk etc. you would be admitted and many tests done. I had a mini stroke and they did ultra sound, I was not admitted and they scheduled surgery on my carotid artery for about 10 days later. A mini stroke last between 5 and 20 minutes. Too much information?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
If you are a high profile person, like the mother of the Attorney General, they'd admit you if you had a hang nail.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Mamabatsy, I think you are absolutely correct. They would admit her. I was just trying to explain in a strange way, how she could fake it. Sorry about that.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Just want to point out my post in march. I called it folks.

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 12:12 pm
Oh no, not our Jackie Lazylu. What Jackie will do is go on and on about how happy the kids will be that she saved the house for them and they can come and visit her and stay with her especially after she convinces Peter to move in with her. Yep. She will have her family back alright but Alicia will not be in the picture.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Maris, I didn't think I was disagreeing with you. I thought Jackie might be gracious enough to allow Alicia to live in her, Jackie's house. Like I said, not going to happen, either way.
To steal from the kids trust fund is pretty low. What a nasty worman.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, April 16, 2012 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
yep Lazy, she is once nasty piece of work