TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 02, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: Grey's Anatomy Spoilers: Archive through May 02, 2012 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Couldn't step away from this one...it was so great! I agree that the only person who didn't get show was the one who should have been! (April?)...she was so annoying! I'm surprised Christina didn't slap the tar out of her.

So sad about Meredith's pregnancy though. And Bailey was her usual awesome self!

Sia

03-10-2002

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
When did Meredith take a minute to attend to her miscarriage, though? She didn't even seem to have had time to change her clothes, but she went to see Derek. Wouldn't he have noticed her bloody clothing?

Sandra Oh rocks!! Emmy nomination from me, too! And that's a great idea: put her with Avery.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I think he might have been distracted or thought the blood was from him or others.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Grey's Anatomy Exclusive: What's Next for Mer and Der?
William Keck
Sep 21, 2010 10:38 AM ET
by William Keck

Inside Meredith and Derek's bedroom on the Grey's Anatomy set, a very naughty Patrick Dempsey climbs on top of his costar and friend of six-plus years, Ellen Pompeo, and admonishes there is to be "no thrusting." Joking that he's been "doing steroids" over his summer break, the pumped-up star plants one on Pompeo's lips before making an accusation that catches his leading lady off guard: "Did you just have a jelly doughnut?"

The lighthearted high jinks are welcome on a set that has been plagued with discontent for far too long. "I'm glad for the other folks who have gone on to do things that make them happy," says costar Sara Ramirez (Callie), referring to the departures of Isaiah Washington, T.R. Knight and Katherine Heigl. "But the people who are here now are here because they want to be."

And it shows. "We were a family in crisis," says creator Shonda Rhimes. "I had a conversation with the cast [saying] it feels like we went through a war together and we've all come out the other side. Now it feels like we're sitting on the porch watching the kids play."

Perhaps no two are more deserving of a playdate than Dempsey and Pompeo. In May's shocking season finale, a crazed gunman shot Derek in the chest, and the trauma led to the miscarriage of the child Meredith had only just learned she was expecting. Season 7 picks up a couple of months later, with Derek healed physically, but not emotionally, and still unaware of Meredith's ordeal. Acting out, he misses Cristina and Owen's candlelight wedding when he's locked in the slammer for reckless driving. This prompts Meredith (in Episode 2) to reveal her miscarriage to Derek, with the plea that he curtail his speeding before he, too, is taken from her. "It's really quite beautiful," says Rhimes.

And it seems the loss will inspire them to try again. Earlier on set, Dempsey and Pompeo shot a consultation scene with a fertility doctor, who will inform Meredith that it was more than stress that caused her miscarriage. Turns out Dr. Grey has something called a "hostile uterus" (not to be confused with the "incompetent cervix" Meredith fears she may also have).

"Meredith has a really good sense of humor about this," says Rhimes. Not surprisingly, so does Dempsey, who entertained Pompeo in between takes by removing a plastic fetus from its embryonic casing and playing with it like a doll.

"Patrick and I are both from New England, so I think we're both particularly salty," says Pompeo, who later suggests crying during a sex scene as an antidote to her costar's ribaldry. "I'm sure some people find it annoying, but it's all in fun."

But fun and games take a backseat to the respect they share for the integrity of their characters, and both acknowledge the baby-making story line has caused them some confusion.

"I was shocked," says Dempsey. "For the longest time Shonda said, 'Meredith's not having any kids.' I was convinced that wasn't going to be an issue for us to play." Besides, adds Pompeo, "This show is difficult enough to shoot without the added element of a baby."

Rhimes offers up this explanation: "There's nothing like almost losing the man you love and finding out you're pregnant and losing the baby on the same day to make you realize what's really important." Dempsey — himself a father of three — is now on board with the story line: "I'm excited to take this next step. If they don't have a child now, I don't think they'll survive as a couple."

But even before their next pregnancy test turns positive, Mer and Der have already evolved into the old married couple Rhimes vowed they'd become after fans (and the actors) grumbled over the couple's constant breakups and makeups. Case in point: For her bedroom scene, Pompeo's not in a sexy nightie, but in grey sweatpants and a shapeless Dartmouth jersey.

"If I'd worn this myself, I never would have had a baby," kids the real-life mom to 1-year-old daughter Stella Luna. "The look is fundamental to who Meredith is, but it's just not particularly conducive to baby-making."

Frumpy attire should be the least of Meredith's concerns this season. Fearing she may pass on the genes of her Alzheimer's-stricken mother, not to mention alcoholic father, she tells Derek he'll wind up one day babysitting "a drooling 80-year-old wife with a drooling 50-year-old child." This drives Derek to team with Cristina (Sandra Oh) to find a cure for the disease.

"Sandra and I are working together in a way we haven't seen before," says Dempsey. "We're very intertwined. The shooting tragedy affected Cristina on a very deep level, so she and I have an experience together that no one else shares."

http://www.tvguide.com/

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Seattle Grace is about to experience a Code Noel: Scott Foley has booked a multi-episode arc on Grey’s Anatomy!

The Felicity (and Unit) alum will play a patient named Henry who, according series creator Shonda Rhimes, “stirs things up” with Kim Raver’s Teddy.

I know what you’re thinking: It’s Denny/Izzie all over again! Not quite, insists Rhimes. “He’s very different from Denny,” she says. “But I guess in the sense that he’s a patient who comes in and has an effect on one of our doctors, I guess that’s similar.”

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/10/29/greys-anatomy-scott-foley/

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Friday, November 05, 2010 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Reposted from above: Derek and Christina are going to work together on his Alzheimer's research:

Frumpy attire should be the least of Meredith's concerns this season. Fearing she may pass on the genes of her Alzheimer's-stricken mother, not to mention alcoholic father, she tells Derek he'll wind up one day babysitting "a drooling 80-year-old wife with a drooling 50-year-old child." This drives Derek to team with Cristina (Sandra Oh) to find a cure for the disease.

"Sandra and I are working together in a way we haven't seen before," says Dempsey. "We're very intertwined. The shooting tragedy affected Cristina on a very deep level, so she and I have an experience together that no one else shares."

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 12:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
It looks like December 2 will be the last time we’ll be watching a new Grey’s Anatomy in the year 2010, and it looks to be a good one, as evidenced from this press release. Cristina and Derek go fishing! And, according to series creator Shonda Rhimes’ Twitter, this is the episode in which Bailey gets a new love interest as well… Hopefully it goes better than it did with Ben. And look in the photo to the right – it appears that there are Christmas lights behind Mark! Does this mean we’ll be experiencing our third Christmas with the doctors of Seattle Grace Mercy West?

“Adrift and at Peace” – Despite Meredith’s objections to the idea, a concerned Derek takes Cristina on a fishing trip in order to get away from it all, while Teddy, feeling directionless without Cristina, directs all of her efforts and compassion towards a dying patient (played by Scott Foley) who lacks the proper insurance to seek medical treatment, on “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURS., DECEMBER 2 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

http://alltheshadesofgrey.net/press-release-adrift-and-at-peace

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Friday, November 19, 2010 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Rescue Me star Daniel Sunjata has been cast in a recurring role on ABC's Grey's Anatomy, TVGuide.com has confirmed.

Kevin McKidd directing upcoming episode of Grey's Anatomy

Sunjata will play a nurse and love interest to Dr. Bailey (Chandra Wilson). His first appearance will be on the Dec. 2 episode titled "Adrift and At Peace."
tvguide.com

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
You can always expect drama on Grey's Anatomy when Meredith and Lexie's father, Thatcher (Jeff Perry), drops in on his doctor daughters. And there's more in store on the February 10 episode of the ABC drama, when old Thatch returns complaining of stomach pains. "They suspect he's rejecting the [partial] liver Meredith gave him," says Jeff, who is unaware of the character's ultimate fate.

But what causes Lexie (Chyler Leigh) the most heartache is seeing her daddy dating Danielle (All My Children alum Alexa Havins), a heavily tattooed girl her same age. "He met her in AA," explains Jeff. "They were taken with each other and fell in love, which horrifies Lexie."

Meredith (Ellen Pompeo), meanwhile, shrugs off her father's latest escapade. "She's bemused," says Jeff. "But keeps a safe distance."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kecks-Exclusives-Look-1027235.aspx

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Scoop: Is Grey's throwing a double wedding?

It turns out that rumors of a Callie-Arizona wedding on Grey’s Anatomy have not been greatly exaggerated.

Lots more here:

http://www.tvline.com/2011/04/scoop-is-greys-throwing-a-double-wedding/#more-204517

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Saturday, May 21, 2011 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Shonda Rhimes: Grey's Anatomy Finale Sets Up What May Be Original Cast's Final Run

Fans of Grey’s Anatomy‘s grand Meredith-Derek romance need to know — in the wake of the unsettling events of Thursday night’s season finale — that series creator Shonda Rhimes aims to have the end justify the means, as the ABC drama enters what may be the final season for Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey, whose deals expire in a year.

TVLine spoke with Rhimes the morning after the assorted emotional bombshells were dropped, solidly rattling Meredith’s newly official marriage, Cristina’s future with Owen, and Alex’s latest (and failed) bid to move past Izzy.

More here:

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/rhimes-greys-anatomy-finale-pompeo-dempsey-final-season/#more-218850

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, April 30, 2012 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
In case this shows up when you check new messages, please scroll down, thanks . . . .

This past weekend, my son was up in the San Bernadino National Forest area and saw where filming for Grey's Anatomy was taking place. He believes the filming was for the season finale. He saw a plane crash scene and 2-3 of the major actors. Filming took place late at night and ds could hear the director calling out directives such as "cut" "that's a take", etc.

DS also saw the trailers for the actors. Oh and the film crew mounted a type of spotlight to beam down through the forest trees at the plane crash scene to give the illusion of full moon lighting.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Sounds interesting Egbok. I keep thinking all the flying around the interns are doing for interviews that one of their planes are going to crash.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I think:

Gray and McDreamy will be coming back from her interview and they will both die.

Christina is the God Person for the baby so she will become the mom for Zola.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
One death according to Shondra:

The grim reaper is heading to Seattle Grace. Series creator Shonda Rhimes told TV Guide Magazine a beloved character will die on the "Grey's Anatomy" Season 8 finale. And while she was at it, Rhimes confirmed it's a season finale, not a series finale.

"A lot of our writers were crying, which is a very rare thing," Rhimes said. "There's some really shocking, horrible moments."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/25/greys-anatomy-season-finale-death_n_1452215.html?ref=tv&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl5|sec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D155157}

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
My guess would be Adele.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Patrick did post on Twitter that there were a lot of tears around the table reading for the last episode.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Or maybe the chief.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Or, Dr Dot?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Who is Dr. Dot?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ask SanFran

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
LOL I see now. Funny!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Dr, Dot" LOL

I made a guess and then took it back because what I learned in this thread didn't support it.

I had guessed that either Callie or Arizona would be the one to die....but then I remembered that there is supposed to be a plane crash in the finale and neither of those two are applying at hospitals in other cities so they are less likely to have to get on a plane.

Then again, we don't know for sure that the plane crash will be the cause of the death of the character that dies

So...I'll just go with my gut and guess either Callie or Arizona anyhow because I read somewhere that it will be a "beloved character" that dies and that the writers were in tears when they wrote the episode. There aren't many characters on GA that I see as "beloved". I'd hate for it to be Bailey, though.

I could easily accept the loss of Meredith, Derek, Christina, Owen, Teddy, Alex, the Chief, Avery, Sloan, Adele or April, but I'd really hate to see Bailey die.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Lah di dah.....I did read that it wasn't any of the first interns and it wasn't Bailey so I'm not sure who the beloved character is.