TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 15, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 15, 2012 users admin

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
Fiz with a trembling lip and tears pooled in her eyes, it is getting tiresome,

and that stupid whispery voice. Fizz character used to be loud brash and full of energy. Its too bad Cilla never made a return during any of the drama. she was quite the character

Trini

07-06-2004

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
agree to all, haven't watched it yet... about Chris and Cheryl lol I mute those two, felt good when Loyd shouted "get out of my house" I thought he would leave for Ross's sake so Ross would be comfortable. Cannot stand Chris.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Has anyone noticed that whenever there is music in the background at the pub, in Carla's apt etc it is almost always Adele (same song too) or Amy Winehouse?

Okay so what is happening...I thought Carla was high when she got home, a little too animated and happy happy happy. I do hope the Frank issue gets wound up pdq. I am glad to see Michele back, although why she couldn't have just appeared alone is beyond me, instead we get that stupid Ciaran storyline.

I bet Leanne will have an ectopic pregnancy. And how insensitive of Peter to respond to her fears of being barren with a reminder about her two pregnancies, one ending in an abortion the other a miscarriage. I'm sure he and Carla will end up having an affair, he is such a dog. When he was a bigamist I still loved his character, there was such something about him. As Peter the alcoholic lusting after Carla, not so much.

Steve really had nerve saying anything to Becky about how she spends her divorce settlement, she shut him down so quick. And I loved her typically Becky question to Roy afterwards. Steve has made his bed with Tracey now, I hope he is comfy. I would like some clarification though on what exactly Becky's position is with Street Cars, how much does she own I wonder?

I really don't care for Stella, she is far too nosy for my liking. I don't mind Mary and Norris for their nosiness, they are comic relief, but Stella putting her two cents worth in everywhere is annoying. Carl can stay though, he has some potential.

Dev and the kid golfing, what is this? Crap, why are the going down that road? Do they just need something for Dev and Sunita to fight about? Isn't Amber enough?

Rosie, love her new hair, wish Jason would dump her, she acts like a real cow to him. Sian and Sophie, I hope they break up, they are both so whiny around each other. They need to give Sophie somehting to do other than working in a corner shop and sounding like a dishrag all the time. Sally needs to let some of that bitterness go, she really is turning into a hard hard person. And Kevin, geez all he does is yell and look like he wants to beat everyone up.

Kirsty - while I think Ty needs a gf, she is not a good fit imo. They should just have Tommy, Ty, Tina and move Kirk in, live together for now. The doc definitely is not for Tina either. She is too down to earth and say it like it is.

That Faye ooh she is going to be a hellion as a teenager if Anna stays on the show. Watch out! I do hope Gary and Izzy get back together.

Eileen! Why can't the writers give her a break and let her have a nice fella for just a bit!

I think Lloyd will end up selling the house and we will get some new blood on the street. Someone else for Sally to look down her nose at.

And last but not least, we saw the writing on the wall when the wine guy wanted the money up front...doh! Gail waving that knife around was funny, she really wants more control over that restaurant. And what is wrong with social services handing over a kid to David and Kylie? And Gail is looking forward to playing granny? Quick change of opinion.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I am no fan of the Peter and Leanne as a couple. He always seemed too feeling sorry for himself and ready to blame others for his weakness. For sure he will be creeping around Carla again--poor Leanne.
I really dislike Tyrone's girlfriend and Faye. They both are so jealous to hang onto those they say they love! And Faye reminds me so much of Rhoda Penmark, the Bad Seed child in the old movie.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
faye is a little rotter. she was trouble before Eddie left even.

i hate to say it, but thats why i applaud anyone who adopts older children IRL.

they come with baggage and lots of issues

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The kid who is playing Faye is doing a great job. She is so stroppy. She can cut right thru Owen with a curl of her lip.

Peter and Carla - so disappointed in them. The storyline with the guy in the hospital etc was so unnecessary, the anniversary was enough for him to hit the bottle, the other crap was a waste of 30 minutes.

What the heck is up with Stella? Best buds with Lloyd? That woman needs to get back behind the bar. She really is one of my least favourite characters at this time.(along with Kirsty)

Good luck to you Kirk!

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
yep i dislike stella too. her daughter and her can leave anytime thx.

over actors, both of em

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Sunday, April 08, 2012 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
Just checking out my TV Week magazine for this week. I noticed on Wed.(April 11th) -Fri. (April 20th) the show is on at 1pm in the Vancouver area - and there is only 1 episode of thirty minutes. This is because of the hockey playoffs. - Go Canucks!!!!
I wonder if this is when we actually go back to one episode after the hockey is done.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, April 08, 2012 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
There was a message on the omnibus today about a change in time due to the playoffs. I noted during the week there was only 1 ep several nights. At this point we are only 3.5 months behind, that's progress!

Again Stella stepping in to a relationship of someone she doesn't know! The best news for me would be for someone who knows what is happening in the UK to tell me that Stella does NOT buy the Rovers, and has actually departed the street.

Kirsty grr! Tyrone is such a doormat.

Sally - it really doesn't take much to turn that woman's head.

What does everyone think of the return of Beth, Steve's one time supermodel girlfriend? I think she will be great with the likes of Anne and Sally.

Becky/Tracy/Steve - I just want it to be over. Preferably with Tracy back in prison. This has shown another side to Kylie that I like.
We've got a couple of more hours to watch.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
Jasper: see Betty's secret at bottom of page

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
http://ebm.email.itv.com/c/tag/hBPgiaFB7t7mMB8hspINsfgIEGk/doc.html?t_params=EMAIL%3Dval123elephant%2540yahoo.ca%26PASSWORD%3DB7t7mMNsfgIEBPgiaFwGTCakPLwIxn&cmpid=nl_120409corrie

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Great headline, I'm a Platt, I'm going to send it to my Dad. Thanks Erniesgirl!

Betty's secret...huh? How is that even possible?

Oh and I noticed Sue Johnston is joining Corrie.. I love her. The Royle's was such a hoot and Jam and Jerusalem.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I like Beth--she will fit right into the Street! I cant wait til Peter and Carla are exposed--nothing stays a secret in this show--I want to see Leanne free.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I'm afraid I just can't understand how Carla can be attracted to Peter. His been on and off the wagon a zillion times and he's so unstable, flying off the handle, and generally being a jerk.

Leanne has been so good to him and Simon and, once more, he's going to ruin everything.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I feel for both Leanne and Carla having to kiss Peter, it must be like licking an ashtray, he is constantly smoking. That being said, everytime I see their moony glances I want to vomit. Stella is finally going to do something useful and hopefully expose them. And yes poor Simon. Peter seems to have no regard for what it will do to him, spending money on her, time with her, lying to Leanne about a therapist, what a dog. My how he has fallen.

Sally - yes dear you are a terrific judge of character.

Eileen - you can do so much better than a sordid little affair. Her character to me has always been about a loud, brassy, strong woman. She is turning into a snivelly character.

Wish list - I would like Steve to sell his portion of the cab firm to Eileen and she and Becky can run it. Tracey goes back to jail on some other technicality re Charlie's murder. It is TV so double jeopardy will not apply. Amy and Steve will move back into the pub. Sunita will kick Dev out on his butt and he will again live with Amber over the corner shop. (What ever happened to his other kids?) We get a new family moving into Lloyd's house and a new business opening up at the butchers. Kirsty will die by gunshot during an armed burglarly (the character has no redeeming qualities). Frank will also die when Rosie brains him with her bicycle helmet when she catches him attacking Sal. Kevin will also get over his he-man attitude and get a new gf to soften him up. Sophie will buck up and get herself a job and quit whining. Rosie will get off of any charges and move to NY leaving Jason to get back together with Sarah when she moves back to the Street with Beth into Gail's. (I'm not sure where they all sleep now so two more should not matter). Owen will unfortuantely meet his end in a building accident leaving the business to Jason. Izzie and Katie will be heartbroken until the next episode. Fay will rejoice (because it wasn't really an accident. she is the new Tracey Barlow in training) Peter and Carla will be exposed and Leanne will successfully win custody of Simon. Ken and Deirdre (who will grow a spine) will back her up. Carla and Peter will live together in her apartment until Peter can no longer stand to look at that hideous wallpaper. Michele will move in to Dev's old flat, Ryan will return, preferable with a different actor. Fiz and Tyrone will get back together after Kirsty is gone. Tina will give Tommy a chance. Rita will marry Dennis much to Norris' annoyance and Roy's mum's mystery cruise man will appear to sweep her off her feet. ( I forget her name. I want to call her Joan, that was her name on Doc Martin). Anyone else have a wish list?

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Love the hints I'm getting here, still have to watch all 5 hrs of it. We have to find a good man for Leann...

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
CS and looking forward to all additions if they happen. Thanks Jasper.

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Jasper did you just post your wish list? omg about Owen.... I somehow like Becks... Agree with everything.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yes, just what would happen if I was writing Corrie.

I think Owen is just a mean little man and Anna is a darling who deserves so much better than him (and Eddie).

Trini

07-06-2004

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Yeh Jas Anna is loving, trusting and sweet. I do not like Stella's husband/boyfriend, don't know which he is. He gambles and he gambled away his cab takings. By the way do you think Frank will "force" himself on Sally...

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Hmm, I doubt it he'd be thinking prison would be a sure thing then, although Sally would probably be too embarassed to report him. He is a major slimeball.
Love the scenes with Anna and Roy of old. They don't really show her with him anymore.
I'm on the fence about Carl for now, I think it is because I dislike Stella and Eva more. He really reminds me of Danny Baldwin.
I thought we were going to see Ken's youngest son when they mentionned he was off visiting him. I guess they are saving him for when the Barlow househould needs to be stirred up again in a few years. Denise will probably send him to Ken when he turns 16.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i like jasper's writing skills. LOL i was thinking its time for carla to end up shot/ banged on the head or generally in a coma.... and all the secrets come out of the bag.

i think Frank's mom has one heck of a temper and i think she is well aware her son has one too. She shrewedly has noted that sally is NOT his usual and knows he is doing it pretrial.

i feel bad for sally at this point. shes looking foolish

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Lol Jasper, when I asked u if Frank would force himself on Sally I hadn't see them kiss yet. omg do you see the look in his eyes, same kinda possessive look he get when he is being given the go ahead.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I don't see Frank's mom as having a temper. She comes off as a bull in a china shop and very possessive of Frank. I think she wants to be his righthand woman. Her hubby dying while on vacation was an unexpected turn. I don't even really see Frank as having a bad temper, I think he has psychological problems as well as being twisted, manipulative and cunning. His anger when shown is held tightly in check (for the most part).

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i meant impulse control of anger. the furious singleminded verbal attack of carla while IN HER own factory is an example

its like, "i'm frustrated and angry and i'm going to take it out on you!"

that is what frank does too

its a type of temper

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
hope Becks come out on top... (haven't watched 5 hrs yet)