TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 23, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 23, 2012 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Jane By Design on ABC Family.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Ahh! Thank you!

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know a good place to watch past episodes of a tv show? thanks in advance

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, February 03, 2012 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Mak1, I watched Smash today and I loved it! I am a theater geek and I loved that they are showing the creative process plus what goes into auditioning and landing a part. I also love that it is being filmed in NYC.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, February 03, 2012 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Saggkl, hulu.com has many past episodes, though they often keep only the last five episodes aired. Sometimes the network websites have more (e.g. abc.com, nbc.com). If you've tried there then you have to use more nefarious sources, and a lot of those have closed down or cleaned up recently.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, February 03, 2012 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Roteach, so glad you liked it too! I loved seeing the creative process and the audition process too.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 1:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know if anybody else here has watched this most ridiculous show on HBO called "Angry Boys", but tonight was the season finale. I was almost in tears when everyone showed up to Nathan's party! But it's a comedy mockumentary! LOL
I really hope there is a season 2. This show has had me laughing for weeks.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If anyone is wondering why The Colbert Report was a repeat last night (it will be a repeat tonight as well) the official word is that production has had to be halted due to "unforeseen circumstances." The unofficial word seems to be that it's due to a family emergency for Stephen Colbert. Hope whatever it is isn't too bad, but it's the first time they've shut the show down, so it sounds like something sad might have happened.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Has anyone noticed the previews for the new NBC show "Awake"?

If you have On Demand the premiere episode is available for viewing. I don't think the show has actually aired yet, though, unless I somehow missed it.

I watched it On Demand and I like it. I hope lots of other people do, too, because I'd really like to see this NBC show not get canceled. :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I have seen the previews. I'm not sure when it starts though!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Premiers March 1st.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I really liked Jason Isaacs (the lead in Awake) in the Case Histories series he did on PBS. Glad this Brit is making the jump into prime time televison. (He's also Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter series, and a sexy beast. :-))

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I just saw your post. Yeah, I tuned into my recording of Colbert, and it was a rerun. I still don't see any info out there. His twitter still has nothing since Feb 14.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Report: Colbert show halted because mother is 'seriously ill'

NEW YORK —
Stephen Colbert has suspended production of his satirical comedy show temporarily because of an emergency in his family, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday, citing people familiar with the show.

The show is expected to resume production soon, perhaps as early as next week, the people added.

Comedy Central, theViacom Inc. network that airs the show, had stoked speculation about the fate of"The Colbert Report" when it issued a cryptic statement canceling the tapings of the show scheduled for the remainder of this week.

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, the show will air repeat episodes on Wednesday, February 15 and Thursday, February 16," network spokesman Steve Albani said in an emailed statement.

Numerous media reported that a family sickness was behind the suspension, with The Huffington Post citing a source with ties to the show as saying that Colbert's 91-year-old mother, Lorna, was "seriously ill."

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-report-colbert-show-halted-because-mother-is-seriously-ill-20120216,0,7913288.story

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 1:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, I didn't realize Colbert's mom was that old. He's 47, so she was 44-45 when she had him back in the early 60s. Back then that was something considered unusual. I truly hope she is ok.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
He was one of 11 children so she'd been having kids for years. I'm thinking Catholic family like so many that I went to school with. His father and two brothers died in a plane crash in 1974.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That still seems to be the main story today, although not confirmed that I've seen. Yesterday it was so awkward listening to the news channels talking about the show being off air, they all seemed to not know whether it was part of some stunt, and were very light hearted about it. I was wanting to give them a little slap and say would someone, even Stephen Colbert, stop production of a show for kicks?! It had to be something serious.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It's nice that he would suspend his show to be with him mom. I like that. It shows a good heart.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info Kitt.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Stephen Colbert returns to 'Report' tonight

<snip>

Colbert is expected to address his absence on Monday. His 91-year-old mother, Lorna Colbert, is ill.

Colbert's father, James Colbert, and two of his brothers were killed in an airplane crash in 1974.

Earlier, Colbert broke his unexpected silence on Twitter.

“My family and I would like to thank everyone who has offered their thoughts and prayers,” he typed. “We are grateful and touched by your concern.”

<snip>

http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/tonight-341143-colbert-report.html

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I've just watched the preview of Awake and its fascinating! I cannot wait for March 1 when it debuts.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Friday, March 09, 2012 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched or a fan of Portlandia? I'm watching it tonight for the first time. (IFC marathon.)

Mictay

09-29-2006

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 3:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch Luther? I've discovered it on Netflix and would like to know when it's regularly on and what channel?

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
NYHeat, I tried to watch Portlandia on Netflix but it didn't hold my attention. I guess I'm just not into sketch comedy as I can't stand SNL. Portlandia was just ok to me.

Foolscap

09-04-2004

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Foolscap a private message Print Post    
Mictay, I'm a fan of Luther. It's on BBC America. So far Season 1 had 6 episodes that aired in Oct and Nov. of 2010 and Season 2 had 4 episodes that aired in June and July of 2011. I'm not sure if/when there will be a 3rd season, but I'm keeping my eye open for it.