TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 05, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Ghost Hunting Shows: Archive through February 05, 2012 users admin

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, October 15, 2011 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Smokey, if you haven't noticed it yourself, I garuntee I can drive you nuts when you watch Zak next, lol. Check out how often he poses to best showcase his muscles. It's hysterical, even doing the most normal things, like pointing down a hallway, he'll be posed and flexing muscles. Once you see it, you start to notice how often he does it. Everytime the show comes on, all of us gather around to watch it and spend the whole time laughing. Besides his posing, and screaming like a little girl anytime something scares him, all three of them freak out on a regular basis. Totally fun show, lol.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Wargod, I've noticed! I feel like he does it "tongue in cheek", though. For some reason, I feel like they try to make it as slap stick and goofy as possible, to stand them apart from the other paranormal shows. I think Zak is hysterical! I think they all are. Even when you hear the background music and sound effects, it sounds like you're watching Laurel and Hardy or something. :-) Zak is always hitting on the females, too.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Yep, yep, lol. The kids watch all those types of shows, but Ghost Adventures is the only one Darren and I watch with any regularity. It's so entertaining and fun to watch.

For some reason, I didn't see all of the Winchester Mansion one. I'll have to try to catch it when it replays.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Fact or Faked" is back with a new ep this Wednesday directly after the new GH ep. The guide shows FoF is going to a graveyard in Nevada for one of their ghost cases. I get a kick out of the extreme methods they use to recreate things.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I have that on my DVR so saw it was due to start recording again. I like that one, too.

Wargod, I don't think there was an ending to the Winchester Mansion one. I think there is another part to it this week? Or, maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I took it. If not, they sure left things hanging.

Anyone watch Paranormal State? I started watching some of those a couple weeks ago. I decided I didn't like then much. Some are so focused on dark energies and demons and that kind of stuff is too intense for me.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Oh, no Smokey, I meant I only saw part of the episode that was aired. I can't remember what I was doing, but ended up catching about 20 minutes before having to leave and missed the last 30-40 of it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Smokey, in regard to PS, I caught it the first season it was on, but I quickly figured out that I just don't have the patience to sit through phony psychic babblings.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I agree, Naja. It's not very good and at times, very creepy. The one that creeped me out was where they exorcised some demon from this teenaged girl. It was so hoaky and ridiculous, but creepy at the same time.

Wargod, ok, now I get it. :-) I think these guys (Zak, Nick and Aaron) are crazy for trying to stir up these awful energies that they had such negative experiences with in the first place. They claim they were followed home by some of them, yet they go back into it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Smokey, have you watched "The Dead Files" yet? It's on directly after GA on Travel channel.

They have a psychic go through a building and she rambles off all of her findings, and then they have a cop search for the real history of the building. They compare their findings at the end. Sometimes it matches perfectly. Like the one ep where the psychic reported she feels a mother poisoned her whole family. But I just can't sit through her ramblings. They drone on endlessly. So, I FF to the cop parts and also to the end where it's all summarized and compared.

None of the shows compare to the original GH or GA for me. Third place for me is on Saturday night "My Ghost Story" on BIO channel. The actual home video and photos are fascinating to me...But I wish they would leave all "orb" sightings out of the show. It's boring and we all know they are reflective dust particles, no matter how much the people who took the pics argue that they aren't...LOL

Smokey

07-08-2003

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Naja, no, I haven't see "The Dead Files" yet. I will have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation. It sounds like I might like it. It reminds me of a show that was on a couple years ago. It was a show where psychics competed against one another. They would take them to crime scenes or where something big happened, and then have them walk through and express what they felt happened. The one who came closest would win. I found that interesting.

I've been catching some early Ghost Hunters shows. I am late to watching these (just started around a year ago) so I hadn't seen the real early ones. They are so different! I actually like them better. There is more goofing around and it isn't so regimented like how the new ones are. I just saw one I had recorded, today, where it was Tango's first day and Steve made him wear a tiara. :-) Hilarious. And then they were at another location where there were bats and it was so funny. I guess I like joking around with my ghost hunting.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Smokey, that tiara episode is my favorite! LOL Sometimes I go to youtube just to see it again...LOL

I thought this year's GH Halloween live special was their best EVER! It was 6 hours long but it felt like just a couple hours, that's how fun it was to me. Although, I think these days Kris is more concerned with how her hair looks than in the investigation. The way they set up the website this year was better than any other so far. I loved how they all wore tracking beacons and you see online where each member was in the house, live. Really, that was the best live Halloween show they have done yet.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OH! I forgot to say that now I have a crush on Devin Marble...LOL (He's the guy from "Fact or Faked", but he was helping out on GH live Halloween show. He is such a sexy geek.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I posted a copy this video shortly after it came out, but it's long gone off the board. It's from when our beloved Ghost Adventures with Zach first came on the scene. I play it every so often to remind myself that these shows do foo-foo us sometimes on purpose.

Here's a video of the guys visiting Maury Povich Show. At 3:25, it's such an obvious tampered video that I bet the guys wish they had never done it. To me, it's an obvious composite. You'll see what I mean if you haven't seen it before.

Go to 3:25 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgoFZErj5zo

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ooo, here's another neat video I had forgotten about. It's from one of GA's live hunts. One of the guest hunters fakes a ghostly experience, and at the end, Zach confronts him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WSFwQQ3hq0

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, December 02, 2011 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Naja, thanks for the links! I checked them out. :-) I agree about that video being tampered with. It looks bizarre.

I've been catching a few of the Dead Files. I like that one.

I liked the Halloween Ghost Hunter's show, too. The only thing I did not like was there were soooo many commercials. I thought it was really good, though.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 12:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i've not really got into these shows. Watched Rescue Mediums a few times but i always find it suspect. It would be easy to fully research a location/ house before doing the show so the psychic can 'channel' accurate facts.

Maybe i'm missing the point. It seems that you guys watch it cause its kinda corny/ tongue in cheek.

I've often wondered why they constantly have to run around in the dark spooking each other. Every speck of dust will make an "orb" when a spotlight hits it LOL

In my life i've seen haunting type stuff and in Broad daylight or a well lit room. There is no real reason to turn off the lights unless its an integral part of the TV show....makes it more creepy (wink wink)

if i was going to watch one of these shows, Which is Your favorite??

Smokey

07-08-2003

Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I think, and I could be wrong, that the reason they do it in the dark and at night is because the energies are more heightened at that time. I think there's a reason for it. I thought I heard them say or else read that paranormal activity is strongest at night and particularly at 3 am (sometimes called the "witching hour"?).

Most of them totally debunk the orb thing as either dust particles or bugs. They only acknowledge them as paranormal when they seem to have intelligence behind them. That would be when an orb seems to move in a way that points to it having a thought process moving it for a specific reason.

Hard for me to say favorite, but for the top 2, I would say Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures. Ghost Adventures is more of a humorous one. They seem to really get into negative energies, or try to provoke them.

Ghost Hunters is more, what I would call, practical. They are always trying to debunk the claims of the client, finding explanations for why certain things happen that may or may not be paranormal. An example would be if the client claims a door slams shut, they would try to find reasons for what would make that door slam shut with a physical explanation.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Hey Smokey, did you notice on the last few eps of Ghost Adventures (including tonight's new ep) that they have started to actually debunk, instead of accept everything they find? I think they have been getting a lot of flack lately for accepting garbage as paranormal, and they are trying to look better.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Yes, so funny you said this because that's exactly what I think every time I've seen a new episode. I just watched last night's episode this afternoon.

I also noticed that their actual investigation shoot is much smaller than it used to be. They spend more time on the outside either horsing around or examining the area.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 27, 2012 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
About the last new GH show....I swear I have seen that underwater grave area shown on another show. Can anyone remember which show it has been on in the past?

Also, I learned something interesting due to what has happened in my own home, and now sometimes I recognize it happening when I watch the ghost hunting shows.

I kept hearing what sounded as loud and as harsh as a refrigerator falling over downstairs in my home. I heard it, my dogs heard it. I would take both of my dogs downstairs with me to do a search, and we didn't find anything. My dogs didn't sense anything strange going on either. I lived for about 3 months terrified not knowing what it was. It was back when my DH was still traveling for his job.

I finally found out what it was.

I was down in the laundry room doing some laundry, and the big noise happened right next to me! It was the furnace!

It ends up that somehow the burners inside of the furnace got pushed far apart, and when it came time for the pilot to light them, they were so far apart that so much gas had built up. And when it lit up, they made a big boom! So sometimes (not every time) when the furnace kicked on, there was a huge boom. It was fixed easily by realigning the burners so they were close to the igniter.

Anyway, my point is that I have seen this claim of big noises on some of the shows and I think it's the furnace.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Naja, I have that show recorded and plan on watching it today. I did see previews for it, and right away, thought I'd also seen an investigation in that same place. I am pretty sure it was Ghost Adventures. It was the time that they had a tornado come, if you remember that one.

Good catch with your furnace! I know a lot can be debunked.

I moved from my house that I lived in for 28 years, about a year ago. In my old house, which was built in 1922, I had lots of things go on. Both my older daughter and me, would see a short man, in work clothes, usually upstairs. He would just kind of pass through. I am pretty sure it was the person who used to own the house. He and his wife were killed in a car accident, probably back in the '60s. I know the grandson of this man, and asked him what his grandfather looked like, and he described him pretty much how we would see him. A lot of other stuff, that I won't go into in here.

I will check out the new GH episode this afternoon.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I just watched the GH episode and yes, it's the same place that Ghost Adventures filmed, Hale's Marina.

I actually liked GH's investigation much better than GA's. Sometimes, lately, I am finding GH to be kind of predictable and boring. This was better.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes! I knew I saw that place before. The whirlpools in the building water seemed like a replay of what I had seen exactly somewhere else.

Yeah, GH has been pretty decent lately. I think GHI starts soon and they are claiming this next season is supposed to be one of the best. We'll see.

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Friday, February 03, 2012 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
I have been enjoying GH more lately also. On a personal note the ghost in my house must be bored since my kids have moved out cause it keeps messing with me. This weekend I was walking down the hall past the kids rooms and it said "Hey" right behind me. I was so startled and DH actually saw me jump. This week in the mornings when I am alone I have been hearing doors in the kids part of the house open and close and my critters have been acting like they see something. Normally I would tell it to stop but I guess I am bored also.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Maplsyrp, I wish you would try to catch some evps! Some days I get to the point where I think I have the courage to try, but I chicken out. I think the next time DH goes all night fishing with his cousin, I will try, and not chicken out. But they won't be going until spring.

Did you see the previews for the coming eps of the original EH? They look ridiculously scary.