TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 13, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 13, 2012 users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Lycan, I watched the first.... maybe 4 episodes of season 1. Wasn't horrible but I had to prune PVR events and it didn't make the cut. If it had been a summer replacement I would probably still be watching. Was one of those shows where I liked all the supporting characters better then the star herself. If you enjoyed Buffy, Sanctuary etal you will probably like this as well, at least well enough to hold your interest if there isn't anything else on. I see commercials for the newer episodes and they seem to indicate the show has gotten better since I was watching.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the feedback, Kitt & Rissa. I will definitely check it out since the premise is the type of show I generally enjoy.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Just watched the premiere episode and liked it. The human girl sidekick is quite cute, I think I'm more taken with her than the lovely Anna Silk at this point. The different characters intro'd in this episode also have my interest piqued. I'll be watching.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Argg, I forgot about it. Will have to check for reruns... I think Syfy does quite a few.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
It was ok, more of a placeholder in the SyFy schedule for me. Didn't really stand out. Lost Girl reminded me a bit of Nikita, which I don't care for much either.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It is on again in about five minutes, so I'm taping that one.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Nyheat, funny you should compare it to Nikita...which is one of my very favorite shows...

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
ya but which Nikita. the old nikita or the new Maggie Q remake... I watched until this season and its just getting tooooooo silly for me.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I was a huge fan of original Nikita, but also a huge fan of the new one. Silly isn't the word I'd use...escapism is my term for the new Nikita

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Couldn't get into it. Probably a good thing as I watch too much tv as it is!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
So do I, Kitt, way too much, but I am what I am...easily entertained, I suppose...

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I found it too dark and violent. I prefer the old Nikita... the French guy who was her supervisor/partner was so dreamy... (drool)

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Friday, January 27, 2012 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
On tonight's Merlin: Gaius from BG vs...Gaius?

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 4:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Started watching "The Fades" on BBCA this weekend. I'm liking it so far. Good creep factor...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've been slowly watching Buffy episodes and am now on Season 6, where Buffy and Spike get at it. I have to ask, back in 2000 or whenever it was, did anyone complain about how raunchy the sex scenes were?! It seems like they wouldn't let it be shown now!

And on a related note... how hot is Spike!??!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Buffy was cutting edge but I think being on a small network with a relatively small intensely loyal appreciative audience gave them more latitude.

The Willow and Tara relationship was the first on TV as well. :-)

Smokey

07-08-2003

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I'm a big Buffy fan. And, I agree--Spike is HOT! :-)

The show at least got one Emmy nomination, for the musical episode. It should have had more and probably would have, had it been on one of the major networks (and the same with Gilmore Girls).

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Spike is one of my favoritest vampires ever. And way hotter than Angel.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Slightly off topic--Kevin Smith's new Comic Book Men is on AMC after Walking Dead tonight. For comic book geeks and Kevin Smith fans. I'll check it out and see if it's worth a regular slot. Sort of doubt it cause I'm not really into reality TV these days, but worth a shot.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The musical episode was a few episodes ago from where I am. It was fantastic! There have been a lot of musical episodes yet but I've never seen one that so cleverly incorporates storyline with the singing and dancing.

Angel's never done much for me, but Spike hadn't done much either until recently, then he got his grove on and now I am let's say quite keen to see each episode...!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
The musical episode was really great. There'd been so much going on in the storyline with all the characters up to that point and that episode brought it all out in the open.

I became a huge Spike fan the first season when he was on, looked forward to every episode he was on after that and so thrilled when he became a regular. There's just something about the bad boy in leather, lol.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The thing about Spike is he was funny as well. It made him more human.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The thing about Spike is he was funny as well. It made him more human sexy.

fixed that for you

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I completely agree, Jimmer.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Sunshyne I saw your thread about Comic Book Men but don't think I'm gonna watch, or that it will last. I love Kevin Smith but watching real life guys geek out over comics may not be my thing. Also read in multiple reviews that picking on the Asian guy is definitely not funny.