TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 18, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 18, 2012 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yes Missy I thought that was so odd. And James going on that they didn't close a window or something. Yes I'm sure the people in charge of the charity thought yes good idea let's leave two 16 yr olds who just started volunteering in charge. James is just too darn complimentary to Sophie all the time.

I know it's not real but sometimes these storylines are just too farfetched.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
There are some nice pictures of Betty Driver at these sites:

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a345724/betty-drivers-80-year-showbiz-career-pictures.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/gallery/2011/oct/15/betty-driver-dies-coronation-street?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=DTN+UK:

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
I just saw another article about her will:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/4055490/Corrie-legend-Betty-leaves-1m-cash-pot.html

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
FInally caught up. arggggghhhh I dont like it when they change character's personality.

So Eddy is gone and that mom seems to be carrying on with Izzy's dad. Dont like either of them. Becky is back to being BECKY and Tracy almost seems nice sometimes.

Kevin is suckered into covering for his thief of a daughter. OMG who DOES that?? Those girls are so spoiled they think they can get away with anything, even Theft. Oh wait, she DID get away with it.

Dont like the Gary situation, think the Marcy situation is ridiculous and When is the David/ kailey plotline going to get going.

Thx for the Betty links

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
I miss Betty.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Saturday, January 21, 2012 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
I noticed twice in the past week or so Betty is mentioned as if she's still there. One, when Steve and Stella are talking and says that the menu has to remain the same; and two, when Kylie tells Betty on the phone that no one over 60 is getting any appointments on Mondays.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
When this was taped, Betty was in the hospital. Nobody realized yet that she only had a few months to live!

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
I got an email from TV Week with changes for tomorrow morning's schedule for those who only watch on Sundays:

Starting at 6am from CBC, "Coronation Street" has been replaced with "Super Why!," followed by "Artzooka" at 6:30am.
At 7am from CBC, they will now be airing the 5am episode of "Coronation Street."
At 8am from CBC, they will now be airing the 6am episode of "Coronation Street."
At 9am from CBC, they will now be airing the 7am episode of "Coronation Street."

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
I forgot to add, this is for the Vancouver, B.C. area.

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
What is wrong with Carla? Another mad bfriend. Is Peter in denial and in also in love with Carla.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
She sure attracts them! So much is going on--actually too much. I miss the quieter pace of the show.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
its the strong willed woman syndrome. it attracts men who want to try to control them, its more fun to be challenged.

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
I thought Leeann at the bedside was going to say, Peter I know you love Carla, so I'll leave you with her. Did he say sweetheart at her bedside? And Leeann standing there?

Steve's best line "can't leave him with matches"?

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I wish Leanne would give up on Peter. He is going to hurt her gain.

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Yep Cablej.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Is it me or has the show taken on an action adventure kind of vibe? It seems like every other week someone is being run down on the street, cheated on, rushed to the hospital, or leaving the street! It seems as if too much is going on in too short a time.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 11:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
tonights episode was a two kleenex bawlfest

John looked awful.

the shots with the baby ripped my heart out

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
It was kleenex-worthy. They could have simplified things having John just showing up at a police station to confess! Good acting on the parts of Fizz and John. He was a character that bad, was hard to hate. Things just seemed to unravel for him in the worst way!

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
We are now only four months behind the U.K., I wonder when they will cut us back to only one half-hour episode a day again?

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
from what i understood, the drive is on to equal us to UK. this will probably increase viewers since some people watch online UK sites so are way ahead.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
the UK do 5 1/2 hr. shows per week/ we are seeing 5 1 hr. shows per week. At some point we are going to have to go back to a half hour show each weeknight.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
yes when we catch up it will be matched

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
thanks to all of us for sticking with CS.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I was so happy when they started with 2 episodes a day. Then the stations switched to HD, and now we can't get any of the stations consistently, since we don't have cable or dish. It's a major PIA.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I got more choked up with Chesney and Schmicheal than I did watching John. And Lloyd, wow he tugged at the old heartstrings. He was so good. Hope that is the last of Chris and Cheryl.

Geez that Sally is a bitter bitter woman. I hope that we will no longer have to look at Fiz with a trembling lip and tears pooled in her eyes, it is getting tiresome, she used to be such a feisty character.

Haven't watched it all yet.